Determined to Die (you know you are)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

rumble

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I got a bit inspired over the long weekend,. Wrote the poem but not the RPG.

My utterly unique time-travel game (free with ID) is stillborn for lack of interest, so I'm putting this up strictly as a pitch. If it's of any interest to anyone, I'll think about fleshing it out.

THE PITCH
A comedic, lightweight, asymmetric tabletop RPG with three roles and requiring a minimum of two participants.
A Tourist role wins if they die before reaching their planned destination, with a TPK bonus.
The Ranger role wins if any Travelers arrive at their planned destination.
The game is simultaneously collaborative (shared story) and adversarial (winnable), with different mechanisms and operating conditions for each role.

Thoughts? Interest?

Last edited:
No time to contribute constructively, but at first I missed the time travel qualifier, and imagined a cross between movies like City Slickers and Shoot to Kill.

What's the third role? Psycho killer (masquerading as Tourist or Ranger), who wins when killing the Ranger or All Tourists in a spectacular 'accident'?

The third role is the GM/Adjudicator/"Wilderness". It's not critical to the pitch, but it does need to be specced.

The Ranger is not a chump and their death is not a option.

In fact, for gentler audiences, death is not required. "Not reaching the planned destination" does not demand death.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back