Dolmenwood PbP - New Rules suckas!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So I'm not sure if Dumarest Dumarest is still in residence. We don't have a full caster and without him we also lack a thief. Neither are insurmountable issues but both could also prove occasionally awkward. Just tossing that out there.

I’ll happily play either of those to fill one of those gaps. Haven’t made my guy yet pretty much specifically for this reason and not at all due to laziness or indecisiveness. Big team player, me.

OK, that's what I thought. Let's get Vargold Vargold to fill his spot. Don't feel obliged to play a thief or a full caster, but the party could use either perhaps more than other sorts of characters.

So I'm not sure if Dumarest Dumarest is still in residence. We don't have a full caster and without him we also lack a thief. Neither are insurmountable issues but both could also prove occasionally awkward. Just tossing that out there.

How do you feel about players running more than one character?

How do you feel about players running more than one character?
I prefer not to, but we can manage it if we must. I'd probably treat the secondary character as something like a retainer maybe. IDK. We can leave the possibility on the table. We do have 7 players though, so it might not be necessary. We can bring this back up when we have a finalized list of characters and a precise idea whether or not the party is missing some key skills.

I prefer not to, but we can manage it if we must. I'd probably treat the secondary character as something like a retainer maybe. IDK. We can leave the possibility on the table. We do have 7 players though, so it might not be necessary. We can bring this back up when we have a finalized list of characters and a precise idea whether or not the party is missing some key skills.
My Goat dude has a 16 dex so if we really need a thief I'm down to switch. It would go with his escaping a criminal past background thing I rolled.

My Goat dude has a 16 dex so if we really need a thief I'm down to switch. It would go with his escaping a criminal past background thing I rolled.
Works for me! Maybe something went wrong in the lands rules by the foul Lord Malbleat...

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 Is it cool if I get my character created this weekend? I’ll be a bit busy the remainder of the week, but if you’re closing in on being ready, I don’t want to hold anything up.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 Is it cool if I get my character created this weekend? I’ll be a bit busy the remainder of the week, but if you’re closing in on being ready, I don’t want to hold anything up.
We're not in a huge rush. I only just got the last of the PDF material so I need some time to read and digest it.

I actually don't mind being a thief if I get to be a woodgrue thief!

Rolled this spread just now at the Brock Jones diceroller:

STR: 9 (-1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
DEX: 7 (-2)
CON: 11 (+0)
CHA: 17 (+3)

I would switch the DEX and the CHA, coming up with a character whose strengths are a deft hand, a keen eye, and common sense--but whose weaknesses include a scrawny arm and an utter inability to inspire confidence in any onlooker (to be fair, he has the head of a bat).

I can do the rest later if this seems acceptable.

I actually don't mind being a thief if I get to be a woodgrue thief!

Rolled this spread just now at the Brock Jones diceroller:

STR: 9 (-1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
DEX: 7 (-2)
CON: 11 (+0)
CHA: 17 (+3)

I would switch the DEX and the CHA, coming up with a character whose strengths are a deft hand, a keen eye, and common sense--but whose weaknesses include a scrawny arm and an utter inability to inspire confidence in any onlooker (to be fair, he has the head of a bat).

I can do the rest later if this seems acceptable.
You are the thief then! I will be a bandit fighter.

Sounds good! I like it. Can the party summon you with a special lantern that projects a pattern on the clouds above the town?

Ok, here's the basics. Fenris-77 Fenris-77 , please give it the once over, as I'm mainly piecing together stuff from the Preview and what you have posted. I'll adjust as necessary...

12 18 13 10 10 11 (using this one)
15 16 10 13 13 9
10 10 7 13 9 10

Str 12
Int 13
Wis 18
Dex 10
Con 10
Cha 11

Swap Int and Wis (18 and 13)

Name: Wilsey Paytone

Class: Cleric
Level: 1
Alignment: Lawful
Kindred: Human
HP: 4
Combat Ability: Semi-martial
Languages: Native, Liturgic

Money: 13gps

Attack: +0

Saves: Doom: 11 ; Ray 12 ; Hold:13 ; Blast:16 ; Spell:14

Restrictions: Forbidden to use any magic items other than holy.

Human Abilities:
----------------
Decisiveness - If Initiative is tied, human goes first
Leadership - Loyalty of retainers is increased by 1
Spirited - +10% experience, +15% total due to Prime Ability

Cleric Abilities:
-----------------
Detect Holy Magic Items
Can use only Holy items
Turn the Undead

Equipment:
----------
Chainmail armor and shield
Longsword
Mace
Wooden Holy Symbol
Common clothes
Backpack
Preserved rations(2)
Waterskin
Tinder box
Belt pouch
Tent
Cooking pots
Chisel
Ink, quill and 5 sheets of paper

Looks great! In terms of background we'll keep things simple and short. Maybe a single paragraph with a handful of salient details. In your case you might want to include some church related stuff especially as connects to your impending choice of holt orders at level two. If it makes any difference the Order of St. Sedge has a significant presence in Prigwort with it's headquarters just north of town at The Swinney Tower. The Order lead by Hilda Harrowmoor, sister to the Lady Harrowmoor who's domain includes Prigwort. Could be some useful connects and hooks there if you feel like it.

Further to my post above I am currently writing up a gazetteer for Prigwort. You are all welcome to read it or not (it'll be about 7 pages I think), and in whatever detail you like. That reading will stand in for your characters local knowledge. I will provide other snippets of lore to various players once character backgrounds come into focus and it seems appropriate for a given PC.

In case anyone wants to purchase stuff off the hop.

1702244186803.png
1702244266027.png
1702244296753.png
1702244323707.png
1702244366211.png

I would like to get this thing off the ground and playing this coming weekend. That should give me enough time to finish off all he starting touches and all of you enough time to finish characters. I'm working up an online character keeper and ideally I'd like all the campaign reference docs on he same shared google sheet.

I have a character keeper started, there is a link in my sig but please don't fill anything in until I give everyone the OK.

Edit: You'll need to keep a more complete sheet with all relevant details for your own reference. For example, abilities and spells are either just named or briefly described in the keeper version. For the full text use your own sheet.

Edit the second: There's no specific gear slot on the keeper - weapons and armour can go in the notes under combat, and other important itmes can be recorded in the abilities area. A full gear list can be maintained on your own character sheet.

Last edited:
Just let us know when it's okay to start inputing on the campaign keeper document.

You guys can go ahead with your characters. Lets leave the second a third sheets alone for now though. I'm not yet convinced about their format. If, at the same time, feel free to prepare a full character sheet or post. We will plunk those at the top of the (eventual) OOC thread and you can track all the character details there. The Keeper is for more day-to-day tracking and whatnot and for my own, and other player's, ease of reference to our collective details.

Lets leave the second a third sheets alone for now though.

If you mean the parts for kindred/class abilities and spells/skills, I had problems trying to enter anything there, specifically entering more than one line of data.

Also, anything in certain fields besides a number (such as a - + or %) seems to be a bit janky. Could be an issue if someone has a negative attribute modifier.

Finally, under saves, is Magic Resistance just the WIS modifier, or something else?

If you mean the parts for kindred/class abilities and spells/skills, I had problems trying to enter anything there, specifically entering more than one line of data.

Also, anything in certain fields besides a number (such as a - + or %) seems to be a bit janky. Could be an issue if someone has a negative attribute modifier.

Finally, under saves, is Magic Resistance just the WIS modifier, or something else?
I'm no Excel guru sadly. I did change those cells to wrap text, and the number setting to plain text so hopefully that should be sorted. This is my first real go at a functional Keeper, so there will inevitably be bugs to iron out.

Magic resistance determined by WIS mod and by kindred. It applies as a bonus to saves against things of magical origin.

Since I just realized I never posted a character here's what I have so far

Grennigore Snidebleet
Breggle
Fighter
Str : 12
Int: 9
Wis: 13 +1
Dex: 16 +2
Con: 15 +2
Cha: 11

HP: 7
AC: 15

Speed:

Saves
Doom:
Ray:
Hold:
Blast:
Spell:

1d2 Horns in melee
Gravedigger for past experience
He adorns himself with expensive (fake) horn jewelry
He has a third nub horn
Escaped justice for a past crime
small close set eyes
russet wavy coat
wryly philosophical
Believes Malbleat serves the Naglord

I don't have the dolmwood rules so that's what I have from the quickstart so far.

Edit: Equipment:
Chain + Shield and Longsword.
Adventuring items: torches (3), oil. Shovel, quill, ink , 5 sheets of paper
expensive (fake) horn jewelry

Last edited:
It looks like you need equipment (Adventuring Items are detailed in post #168 above). Keep in mind that you have the Fur special rule when picking armour (if it matters):

1702477852652.png
1702477613190.png

1702477541373.png

Also roll d100 and I'll tell you what your trinket is.

Rolls are Chain + Shield and Longsword.
D100 result is 33

Just a general note, every character gets a (possibly) magical trinket to start. These come from tables distinct to each kindred, so just just roll a d100 and remind me of your kindred and I'll look up what trinket you get.

Rolls are Chain + Shield and Longsword.
D100 result is 33

Your trinket is a gnarled root shaped like a Mossling

Just a general note, every character gets a (possibly) magical trinket to start. These come from tables distinct to each kindred, so just just roll a d100 and remind me of your kindred and I'll look up what trinket you get.
Roll was 33 for bre
Your trinket is a gnarled root shaped like a Mossling
I might have already rolled this thing. Is the fake horn jewelry one of the option?

Roll was 33 for bre

I might have already rolled this thing. Is the fake horn jewelry one of the option?
Yup, that's one of the results. I'll let you pick. Mossling root or Breggle Horn jewelry from Ardenne.

I'll stick with me as I am, I'll add to the tracker when I can. (I had focus that day when I couldn't edit it but not today, sighs.) I've attached my PC sheet, and yes sadly this is AI (I don't want to risk the game crashing if I draw it.)
elfenchanter.jpg

Attachments

• Elfenchanter.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
As an aside, is there going to be a seperate OOC thread, or will this recruitment thread serve that function?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back