Dolmenwood PbP - New Rules suckas!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Does anyone want to be connected to my character? I figure because of the fey thing I'm kind of a wanderer

Perhaps you know the local Vicar? She might have set something up for you.

Edit: There's a good write-up on her in the gazetteer.

Wil undoubtedly knows her, and probably has been assisting her while he's in town. The church description gives the impression that its mainly for services, so I'd imagine that the Vicar may stay there, but Wil would have lodging elsewhere (unless you feel otherwise, natch.)

bleys21 bleys21 - you're fine on format there. You can do both, you can write it out in person as you've done, or you can include parenthetical OOC bits to cover intentions and whatever. Or combine the two! Whatever you think best conveys you actions and intentions. :thumbsup:

bleys21 bleys21 - you're fine on format there. You can do both, you can write it out in person as you've done, or you can include parenthetical OOC bits to cover intentions and whatever. Or combine the two! Whatever you think best conveys you actions and intentions. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I tend to prefer to write "in character" as much as possible, so I'll use that mostly, and use [OOC] for stuff that's very specifically game related...

I'm going to edit the IC post and remove the OOC stuff...

Last edited:
Thanks! I tend to prefer to right "in character" as much as possible, so I'll use that mostly, and use [OOC] for stuff that's very specifically game related...

I'm going to edit the IC post and remove the OOC stuff...
That works. Personally, I used OOC to clarify and expand on expectations and permutations of possibility, as well as possible back-up options. PbP works best when the posts are as information rich as possible.

Hey Fenris-77 Fenris-77 - about the lord I’m squired to… should I use one of the existing brewhouses or make up something? I’m good either way, but wanted to check with you before I get it all done.

Hey Fenris-77 Fenris-77 - about the lord I’m squired to… should I use one of the existing brewhouses or make up something? I’m good either way, but wanted to check with you before I get it all done.
Lets use the existing houses. Obviously Harrowmoor is the local house, but feel free to select whichever.

Jubber doesn't want to be that bat, er, guy, but Jubber is apparently that guy.

Oh, Jubber knows. Jubber is just a creature of the night. What beautiful music he makes!

Okay, sorry to take so long to get to this. The knight that Ignatius Stone is squired to is Donovan Hedger, an ancient great-uncle to Daphnemene Hedger, the leader of House Halthwidden. He never had any children of his own, and he's rarely taken part in the politics of court. He's old enough that he only attends absolutely essential events.

Ignatius was made Donovan's squire because Ignatius is of common birth. He was commended for bravery after saving a minor noble from bandits, and was made a squire. The only suitable place to be found for him was with Donovan. The old man likes the lad and knows that if he is to make a name for himself, he will need to do so in ways other than being a squire to an old, forgotten knight. Donovan encourages Ignatius to seek out other opportunities for recognition.

Donovan's house is along Swinney Road, not too far outside of town.

Congratulations to bleys21 bleys21 who is now apparently the Face for the group... whether he wants to be or not.

No takebacks!

On a more serious note, with Wil being the church educated sort, I kinda figured he might be the spokesperson.

That said, I have a tendency to post frequently, especially in PbP games, so if anyone wants me to delay, stop, slow down, etc, just say so...I don't want to be the person who tries to dominate the game.

On a more serious note, with Wil being the church educated sort, I kinda figured he might be the spokesperson.

That said, I have a tendency to post frequently, especially in PbP games, so if anyone wants me to delay, stop, slow down, etc, just say so...I don't want to be the person who tries to dominate the game.
I wouldn't worry about it. Most PbP games, in my experience, have a couple of posters who tend to drive the action more than others. That's fine, it keeps things moving along and the others can participate as they desire. That's also one of the reasons I let 7 players in.

Aww, Jubber missed the munchings and scrunchings.

Which of course couldn't possibly be Jubber's fault. No, of course not.

Oh, and can we get a description of the sort of domicile that Brielle, Wil and Green are approaching?

OOC: Jubber has no idea what the building looks like because the Prigwort Gazetteer isn't particularly thief-friendly. With no logical thieves' hideout to crash in, he just crawled into the nearest available attic.

OOC: Jubber has no idea what the building looks like because the Prigwort Gazetteer isn't particularly thief-friendly. With no logical thieves' hideout to crash in, he just crawled into the nearest available attic.
So make it up as you go! This building and its occupants are yours to define.

Edit - or just pick a building from the gazetteer and crib the notes from it.

He must be in the attic of whatever tavern is the most musical.

He must be in the attic of whatever tavern is the most musical.
I'm going to make this your job not mine. :grin: Which tavern is that and who runs it? (at a minimum)

Frimmity frammity GM guzzity wuzzity making us collaborate in the jibbly jabbly setting ...

The Medlar, and I don't think the Hydballs have any idea that Jubber found a hole in their eaves that gives him access to the attic above the stage.

Frimmity frammity GM guzzity wuzzity making us collaborate in the jibbly jabbly setting ...

The Medlar, and I don't think the Hydballs have any idea that Jubber found a hole in their eaves that gives him access to the attic above the stage.
That could be awkward if they ask for you at the front door. Let's hope Brielle knows the score there. :thumbsup:

Gonna depend on the hassle-to-payoff ratio here...

Also, is the tavern one or two stories?

Last edited:
Nah, you're good. PbP needs people to occasionally take on some leadership roles about direction and whatnot. Not everything can be a straight democracy or we'll spend weeks doing not much of anything.

Last edited:
Well, she doesn't know Gren or Silver well enough to gauge their temperaments, and she suspects Wil may not have the experience she does in dealing with the occasional lowlife.

Also, IC she is a little miffed that she has to waste her time tracking down some slacker whom she doesn't know if she can rely on during any travels, so 'nice' is taking a back seat to 'expedient'.

As for equipment, Brielle has already put forth the following suggestions (in post #49 of the IC thread):

Travel rations and water skins to last a week
Small personal tents for each of the others*
Some cooking pots
Perhaps a lantern and some oil, just in case the weather makes starting a campfire problematic
A pack animal or two to carry our supplies

*tents only have an listed weight of 20, so I can't imagine there's much to them - probably just a few rods and some cloth to string between them - but better than nothing.

As for equipment, Brielle has already put forth the following suggestions (in post #49 of the IC thread):

Travel rations and water skins to last a week
Small personal tents for each of the others*
Some cooking pots
Perhaps a lantern and some oil, just in case the weather makes starting a campfire problematic
A pack animal or two to carry our supplies

*tents only have an listed weight of 20, so I can't imagine there's much to them - probably just a few rods and some cloth to string between them - but better than nothing.

This all makes sense to me. Ignatius is young enough that he's likely not considering anything more than the above, and his personal gear.

Perhaps a couple lanterns? And/or torches. And I'm assuming something to start a fire with, like flint/steel, unless folks already have that.

Some rope?

In regards to the questions for our host, I can't think of anything else to ask at the moment.

Gren would like pitchforks and torches as well as the above.

Yeas, that should hopefully work. Also maybe mention that we're expected.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back