EABA 2.0

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

SeaJay

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
The current Bundle of Holding got me interested in EABA 2 again. I've put it away about three times because I don't understand the Universal Table on page 2.8.

Please, could someone help me learn how to use it with examples? My problem is that even with the few examples in the book I'm still a bit confused. Perhaps there is a simple formula I could use. Anything.

The current Bundle of Holding got me interested in EABA 2 again. I've put it away about three times because I don't understand the Universal Table on page 2.8.

Please, could someone help me learn how to use it with examples? My problem is that even with the few examples in the book I'm still a bit confused. Perhaps there is a simple formula I could use. Anything.
Could you instead tell us what is it that you don't understand, maybe:smile:?

It's just how all the different ways things interact together.

Like kilometers per hour, mostly:smile:. Well, in this case, they work like Real World Stat per Game Stat.
So, if you're aiming for a leg, you get a difficulty of 2. If you aim for an hand, you add a difficulty of 3.
If you're lifting a child, the difficulty is 3 and you can do it by rolling 3 or above (automatic with a Str of 1d+1 or better). If you're lifting a grown-up 80 kgs man, the difficulty is 8, and you need at least a Str of 2d+1 to feel comfortable about succeeding, preferably 2d+2 (but you need 3d+2 or above to make it automatic - remember the Rule of 2s at the start...and yes, you can do that in combat, too).

And so on and so forth. The difficulties stack, too...so if you're trying to deliver a low kick to the leg, the enemy gets a +2 to his defence roll.
I guess trying to do it at distance would be significantly harder (but it might be worth it to make him limp the rest of the distance to you). But then he probably wouldn't get a defence roll, just his Dodge amount (ranged weapons are bad news in this system).

Anything else:wink:?

I understand the basics of the system, it's the Universal Chart itself that is giving me issues. Like the myriad ways to use it leaves me flummoxed.

I understand the basics of the system, it's the Universal Chart itself that is giving me issues. Like the myriad ways to use it leaves me flummoxed.
Being able to use it in a myriad ways is the point of it all. How can we help with that:smile:?

My answer would be "forget the rules, formulate a plan of action, then estimate the difficulty on the Universal Table and roll", but it might or might not work for you:wink:.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back