Easy6

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

xanther

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Just a working title for the system I use.
Inspired by the thread on rules presentation created the attached.
Looking for input on how clear the the following basic rules in brief description is.

At some point hope to put up more on the base mechanics, character creation, etc. So far all my versions are heavily intertwined with my primary campaigns, fantasy, post-apocalyptic and sci-fi/far future.

Attachments

• EASY6 RULES IN BRIEFv3.pdf
    172.5 KB · Views: 21
It's simple enough. It took me a minute longer to figure out the bonuses than the rest of it. I'd probably have to see specific implementations to tell you much more. The bonuses resemble the attributes in Silcore but there attributes add successes rather than modifying dice.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean the modifiers in step 4 when you say bonuses? Can try to add some explanatory text, the overarching goal is to keep this at 1 page with easy to read font size.

I can post an example of use in combat. A bit more riveting than use in bartering :smile:

These base mechanics in the broader sense, roll dice and modify, I suspect is out there in more than one game. This is close to the approach in Atomic Highway but without exploding dice and using my concept of Talent instead of Attributes/Abilities to generate the dice pools.

Last edited:
Updated 1 page rules...added in more text for explanation although this makes it more graphically complicated.

Attachments

• EASY6 RULES IN BRIEFv5.pdf
    181.4 KB · Views: 8
I like the basis of it, but I think you probably need to let GM's decide when and where certain things are rolled, like 'saves' is a term unique to certain games, and not all of them. Soak is similar (used in WW) so, I'd aim at letting the GM decide how something is avoided or resisted, less formalized but that's me.

I like the basis of it, but I think you probably need to let GM's decide when and where certain things are rolled, like 'saves' is a term unique to certain games, and not all of them. Soak is similar (used in WW) so, I'd aim at letting the GM decide how something is avoided or resisted, less formalized but that's me.

Oh this isn't for some build your own system, it's for my own. It's also just one page basics for ready reference, the examples are to tie to terms you will see in the rules to these basics. Trying to follow along the lines of the one page basics posted before for other games.

Now on what words are used to describe what concepts, I go back and forth if wish to enter that pedantic rabbit hole.

Oh this isn't for some build your own system, it's for my own. It's also just one page basics for ready reference, the examples are to tie to terms you will see in the rules to these basics. Trying to follow along the lines of the one page basics posted before for other games.

Now on what words are used to describe what concepts, I go back and forth if wish to enter that pedantic rabbit hole.
Understood, I get that!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back