Fallen Earth - OpenD6/Mini Six

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Jamfke

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Hey there! It's been a long time since I've done any play by post gaming, so if I get a game started here it will likely be slow going until I get back up to speed. This game will be set in my latest game world called Fallen Earth, a post apocalyptic/alien takeover kind of thing. Here's the gist of the setting:

The Roswell incident actually happened. One of the four alien (grays) crew members survived and was kept secret from the world by the US government. This alien shared highly advanced technological and medical information with us as thanks for saving his life.

The alien's people have been living on their mother ships just outside of our solar system for a long while, sending scout ships to observe us every so often and to gauge how well they might be accepted amongst us. In the mid 2020s the world began getting rougher with climate change getting worse, political strife getting more intense, and wars springing up around the globe. The population was growing out of control, food was becoming more difficult to provide for everyone and poverty was at an all time high for everyone around the world.

The grays, or Kolarg, finally offered to step in and help us out. If we would share the planet with them, they would build giant domed cities where everyone would have all of their needs fulfilled via their advanced technology. No one would ever have to work as everything would be taken care of by robots. Food, clothing, housing and any sort of entertainment would be provided free of charge.

Billions of people agreed to the deal and the domes were built and filled within a decade. Several million people chose not to enter the domes due to a lack of trust of the aliens. These people banded together in groups or tribes in various areas around the world, moving into the old cities and large towns that were left abandoned by those who went into the domes.

The landscape began changing rapidly after everyone entered the domes. The polar ice caps melted much faster than scientists predicted and many coastal cities and island nations were submerged. The equator became too hot for anyone to survive for any length of time, and areas that were once temperate in climate became humid jungle zones with strange, very alien plant life and creatures turning up everywhere.

Most of the world's power and manufacturing facilities were shut down so every day living reverted back to 18th or 19th century era standards. There were still places where you could get gas or ammunition, or find canned goods locked away in warehouses, but they were getting harder to scrounge up after a few years. And then, the dome escapees showed up.

A pair of crazed individuals turned up in the tribal city of Philadelphia and told the elders that the aliens were using humans as food. Thinking that maybe these people were just delusional from their time spent traveling from Manhattan to Philadelphia, they sent a group of emissaries to inquire about this revelation. They never returned, and the aliens suddenly began bombing all of the larger cities and towns with the radioactive waste from their starship reactors. Robotic drones were also dispatched to areas where human activity was detected, and other alien species began showing up and hunting the human survivors.

The characters are humans who have survived this Purge. They struggle to live in an alien world that used to be their home, fighting against alien creatures and hunters, and even the plants themselves. They will go on retrieval missions into the old cities and towns to scrounge for food, ammunition and other supplies while trying to avoid getting killed by the aliens, the radiation and other human tribes who are searching for the same things for themselves.

The game uses OpenD6/Mini Six rules. I will upload the character archetypes that are available to choose from. Looking for up to four players at this time, but I will run it with only one if no one else is interested. I figure on doing one post a day to get started. I used to have marathons occasionally where we'd rack up 10 or more posts per player in some of my games, but I figure I should start slowly so I don't get burned out too quickly. :sweat:

I've never tried to play by post. Not sure if I'll like it but I would like to give it a try and there is no time like the present.

Am I correct that you've got the system and the players don't need the rules to participate? I assume so from the linking of the archtypes, but better to be safe than sorry. You would handle rolls?

Are you ok with a new to pbp player?

Is there a specific time in the day when folks should be posting or looking for posts?

I'd be happy to run you in your first pbp game!

If you are familiar with the Mini Six rules then all you'll need are the archetypes. If not you can get the rules for free at DriveThruRPG.

I am on Central Daylight Time so I will be posting any time between 8 AM to whenever in that time zone.

Sounds good. Now for some other pubcrawlers to join the fray. Come explore and scavenge with me.

Let me know when you've chosen your archetype and we'll work on getting the character fleshed out. If we don't get any other players within the next few days we can start a one on one game if you're up to it. Maybe folks will join in after we get going.

I was thinking about the repair guy when I was looking them over. I think it's called a fixer. Give me a chance to look them over again.

I was thinking about the repair guy when I was looking them over. I think it's called a fixer. Give me a chance to look them over again.
No problem. If you have any questions about them, I'll be glad to help.

Still looking for a few players if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Ram
Well Ram Izzy , If you're willing to play solo I can set up an Out of Character thread and we can get your character posted up. Just let me know.

Well Ram Izzy , If you're willing to play solo I can set up an Out of Character thread and we can get your character posted up. Just let me know.
I was hoping to get a couple of others to come along. I may see if I can grab a friend or two for some online sessions like you mentioned in the other thread, if that is ok?

I was hoping to get a couple of others to come along. I may see if I can grab a friend or two for some online sessions like you mentioned in the other thread, if that is ok?
Sure, I'll see if I can set up the Astral VTT for the setting. If not, we can just use Discord. What would be the best day and time for you?

Reactions: Ram
Sure, I'll see if I can set up the Astral VTT for the setting. If not, we can just use Discord. What would be the best day and time for you?
Give me a day to get back to you. I've never used Astral but I am happy to see a new VTT in action. So, not only get to see you present your setting, but get to see a new VTT in action. Bonus! (Oh, and if it doesn't work in Astral, we can just use Discord or whatever you like.)

Give me a day to get back to you. I've never used Astral but I am happy to see a new VTT in action. So, not only get to see you present your setting, but get to see a new VTT in action. Bonus! (Oh, and if it doesn't work in Astral, we can just use Discord or whatever you like.)
I'll start working on getting something set up there then. I'm very new to VTT so I'm sure it'll be eye opening for everyone, especially me!

I'm interested in a PBP. I just bought the game and I'm looking over the archetypes now. Healer is the one that stands out the most, followed by Defender and Retriever.
Awesome.

I'm interested in a PBP. I just bought the game and I'm looking over the archetypes now. Healer is the one that stands out the most, followed by Defender and Retriever.
Thanks for picking up a copy! Awesome then. I have an appointment coming up in a bit so I'll swing back through a little later this evening to discuss things. We're also considering doing an online real time game either over Discord or Astral VTT. I'll send you the details on that later too if you're interested.

Alright, after a decent session over Astral VTT and Discord I think I'm ready for some play by post action! If Izzy and Jay are still interested. If so, give me a nod.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back