Has anyone received the reprint of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

rogersm

Well-Known Pubber
Reaction score
According to my notes this should be already shipping.

Has anyone received it? Any news on delays that I have missed?

The original Rogue Trader? If so, who is making this and how do I get one?

I ordered one and got a receipt, but that was all, no news beyond that. It was supposed to come within 180 days IIRC.
I've seen people report getting theirs, showing/describing it. I think they were in the UK and might have been getting old stock of the reprints from Warhammer world, maybe?

All things considered, I at least trust that GW will deliver on the offer, eventually.

Last edited:
I probably would have paid whatever exorbitant price GW were asking, but I probably won't be willing to pay the even more exorbitant prices the eBay resellers will be trying to gouge me for. :sad:

Haven't received my order, but I haven't expected to.

It was supposed to be 180 days for the preorder, and I placed my order on 10/14. Would be nice if it showed up sooner, but I wasn't anticipating a shipment until mid-April.

This received a limited reprint that I missed? SIGH!

Everything GW goes out of stock a minute after it goes on offer primarily because they don't allow for enough demand. Well, that and FOMO.

I ordered it, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure it will show up eventually.

A few people have reported receiving copies (in the UK IIRC) but most haven’t. I expect the balance are not yet printed given the 6 month fulfilment time.

Everything GW goes out of stock a minute after it goes on offer primarily because they don't allow for enough demand. Well, that and FOMO.
It is definitely calculated by GW. What better way to drive up demand than for people to not be able to get it. They’ve learned how to manipulate the fans and have started excelling at it.

I probably would have paid whatever exorbitant price GW were asking, but I probably won't be willing to pay the even more exorbitant prices the eBay resellers will be trying to gouge me for. :sad:
It was cheap. USD50 IIRC including shipping for me in New Zealand for a hardcover book with some colour pages.

I have the reprint they used to sell at Warhammer World.

I have the reprint they used to sell at Warhammer World.
It’s the same one. You can only get it from Warhammer World and they won’t ship it. They made a 1 month order online period for the 40th anniversary.

I received an email this morning that my copy had shipped.

thanks for the update.

I sent them an email last week and I received a somewhat noncommittal answer saying I would get an email when they send it, but they did not commit to when that will happen.

Cool. Looks like they are being rolled out by region.

Yep, my book arrived in Los Angeles yesterday. Sorry, forgot to say.

I'm happy with the purchase. It's a solid book, chock full of nostalgia and weirdness.

I'm happy with the purchase. It's a solid book, chock full of nostalgia and weirdness.
Yes, I got mine this week. I haven't had a copy in my hands since the '80s. My neighbor in high school owned, and it we freely borrowed each other's game books. I loved it enought that I tried to make a 40K RPG using the WFRP rules.

It's a huge nostalgia bomb to look through this again.

I'm looking forward to digging into Rogue Trader this weekend.
I wasn't exposed to the early days of 40k back in the 80s, so it's a new treat for me and not nostalgia. I didn't encounter 40k until 3rd edition in the late 90s, and even then, I read friend's copies of the rules and never played the game.

My exposure to GW in the 80s was with Warhammer Fantasy. I had a copy of the 1st edition boxed set; I had a friend that had the Realms of Chaos books; and I really enjoyed (but not really played much of) Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1E.

My exposure to GW in the 80s was with Warhammer Fantasy. I had a copy of the 1st edition boxed set; I had a friend that had the Realms of Chaos books; and I really enjoyed (but not really played much of) Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1E.
My memories of Rogue Trader and WFRP1e are intertwined. They had a very similar vibe in being absolutely filled with fascinating and weird details. RT will sit with my WFRP1e collection when it arrives :smile:

Skimming through Rogue Trader last night was a bit like looking at the raw face of pure chaos. So much information crammed into that dense book, with such an odd layout, wild artwork, and what seemed like shifting font sizes.

My memories of Rogue Trader and WFRP1e are intertwined. They had a very similar vibe in being absolutely filled with fascinating and weird details. RT will sit with my WFRP1e collection when it arrives :smile:
Yes, when I got my hands on a copy of WFRP 1E again about ten years ago, I thought there was more info on the Slann in it, but I realized yesterday that I was thinking of content from 40K.

Skimming through Rogue Trader last night was a bit like looking at the raw face of pure chaos. So much information crammed into that dense book, with such an odd layout, wild artwork, and what seemed like shifting font sizes.
Yeah. Mad genius would be my 2 word description :smile:

So yes, I have finally received he email confirming they're sending it (ETA: 15 days).

I'm based in continental Europe, fyi.

I finally received mine (continental Europe)

Thanks everyone for your updates.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back