Loki Disney+ (Spoilers Allowed)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
No, no, he means after that, the scene with Mobius not knowing who Loki is.

I think we're supposed to assume A, although this is the first time I've seen C suggested and I kind of like it. Although I'm not really sure the TVA really has a "past", although I suppose that's one of the things we're not supposed to look at very closely.

It would have to be a long time ago, for Loki to not even be recognized.

No, no, he means after that, the scene with Mobius not knowing who Loki is.

I think we're supposed to assume A, although this is the first time I've seen C suggested and I kind of like it. Although I'm not really sure the TVA really has a "past", although I suppose that's one of the things we're not supposed to look at very closely.

It would have to be a long time ago, for Loki to not even be recognized.
If it’s A though, and he’s in one of the many branches, then that assumes that many of the Kangs created TVAs in an attempt to prune all the other timelines, and there’s lots of Mobius’ as a result. This may be because now that there is no Prime Timeline, then What If can exist showing stories of various variants.

If anything, it’s a great way for them to bring back “dead” characters (ie actors) if they need to.

Yeah, but Loki got pushed through a portal back to the TVA, where Mobius and B-15 didn’t know who he was, and the statues of the Timekeepers were replaced with statues of Kang/Immortus, ie. not the main timeline from his point of view. Hence my question as to where he was.

Right...so you're asking for the answer to the cliffhanger leading into the next season?

I think that what changed is who won the war of Kangs. We had Kang the benevolent scientist but now we have Kang the Conqueror.

Yeah, what’s your opinion?

I think the entire "Sacred Timeline" was Bull; Kang sold the TVA on that lie in order to manipulate the multiverse to create a Timelie where he was the perpetual ruler. I think, based on what we know about the upcoming Marvel films (particularly the next Dr Strange and Spider-man), the Multiverse is going to play a large role in the MCU going forward, so if I were to answer your questions based solely on my speculation:

So, where Loki ended up, is that...
A. One of the branched timelines?

No, it's one of the parallel universes, not one created by a variant specifically.

B. The “Prime Timeline” (really one of the branches I guess, the pruned the old Prime Timeline) with Kang the Conqueror as the head of the TVA?

I think the concept of a "Prime Timeline" was a lie

C. Is he just in the past and this is how it all shook out the first time before Kang became Immortus?

I think Loki is still in "now", not the past, just in a parallel verse

I finished the show the other night. I thought that the TVA operated outside the "Sacred Timeline" (ie on the outside looking in, can interact with it, but are not actually inside it), so Mobius not knowing who Loki was confused me. I guess the MCU version is still affected by the timeline fracturing, and it didn't affect anyone where He That Remains was operating at the end of time.

With the timeline fracturing, and Loki was "outside" of time when it happened, they forgot who he was. Although I suspect the AI might. I'm likely wrong, but that's what I took out of it

The concept of branching timelines carries with it the idea that time doesn’t get rewritten. You don’t come back from a time jaunt and have everything be changed because of what you did...unless because you changed something, you now “belong” to the branch caused by your change.

The idea of the TVA is to prevent multiple timelines, thus multiple Kangs, and inter-dimensional timewar, with the winning Kang ending up at The End of Time as He Who Remains...again. We don’t know how long he’s been there or how many times things ended up that way. Unless you’re him, you’ll never have the proper frame of reference to even talk about it, anyway.

But, I guess the idea of the two Loki’s finally finding each other, might let him finally die. They’re powerful enough, and ruthless enough (or at least were) to run the TVA.

Anyway, since your timeline doesn’t get rewritten but branches if there’s a variance, then I think Loki is in a branch, either the one created by the “Loki Event” or the one created by the death of He Who Remains.

I have not read any of this thread, as I have been avoiding spoilers.
I'm now fully up-to-date with everything MCU, including Loki, having just seen the first season finale (I presume there will be at least another season).

Wow, very well done.

Loki has basically been MCU doing a better job of Dr Who than the BBC has done in recent times.
(Okay that's subjective, but yeah it's all very much like the meta-episodes of Dr Who)

Now Disney Marvel can justify anything they want, including the Sony Spiderverse and the tangled time lines of Fox X-Men
The two previous Fantastic Four interpretations, the various 'Noir' and 'Gaslight' superhero versions, the whole shebang.
Heck, even the 1970s Spider Man films can be hand-waved here, heh heh.

You gotta give it to The Mouse, this has been a bombastic hand quite well played :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have not read any of this thread, as I have been avoiding spoilers.
I'm now fully up-to-date with everything MCU, including Loki, having just seen the first season finale (I preseume there will be at least another season).

Wow, very well done.

Loki has basically been MCU doing a better job of Dr Who than the BBC has done in recent times.
(Okay that's subjective, but yeah it's all very much like the meta-episodes of Dr Who)

Now Disney Marvel can justify anything they want, including the Sony Spiderverse and the tangled time lines of Fox X-Men
The two previous Fantastic Four interpretations, the various 'Noir' and 'Gaslight' superhero versions, the whole shebang.
Heck, even the 1970s Spider Man films can be hand-waved here, heh heh.

You gotta give it to The Mouse, this has been a bombastic hand quite well played :thumbsup:
They certainly did open it wide to any Marvel comic, ever.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back