Looking for Players: OverWorld Factions Roleplay (For Players with Busy Lives)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

WillyMcBride

Pubber
Reaction score
Hello All!

I've recently started to run a faction-based roleplaying experience for a small community of players in a universe loosely based on late classical era Europe. It's been a lot of fun so far, and the players are really enjoying themselves. All of the rules are created by myself with the assistance of the players, which has given the experience a unique flare. The only thing that can potentially derail the enjoyment at this point is the lack of players. Currently out of the 13 factions, only 5 are filled up. The rest are controlled by the game master (myself), but there is an obvious lack of diversity in playstyle when it is only myself making the decisions of all these factions. Filling up the world with actual people interested in creating a history of both their own factions, and the universe as a whole, is my top priority at this time.

Before I talk any further, here is the official description of the experience:

OverWorld - RP is a roleplaying-intensive experience for individuals with busy lives. It utilizes Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator, as well as random generators, to create a dynamic and exciting world for those involved to interact with. Each player takes control of one of the realm's many factions, loosely based on those of ancient Europe, shaping its future through the decisions they make during play.

How you play the game

The main tool players use to communicate with each other is our discord server. The main way players communicate with the Game Master is through their personal "Player Reports". Through the assitance of interactable maps, players communicate their wishes for their faction each turn using their own faction-specific Google Document called a
Player Report". This document details almost every aspect of their faction, and is updated by myself as I put their orders into effect. There is also a section for events that have an affect on their faction that turn, and these events can be interacted with by the player in any way they see fit.

For example...

I provided a simple event to the factions involved which detailed how a nobleman was arrested by the governor of a faction that they didn't belong to for apparently trying to bribe military officials. I had no idea how the players would react, but it has quickly taken centre stage in their area of the world. I'm currently tracking the events using a timeline, which can be found here: Aravogonian Conspiracy of 749 LE

Conflict/Battle

It goes without saying that each faction needs some sort of military to survive. When factions clash, and words no longer matter, the only thing left to do is fight. In these instances of battle, we will be making use of Roll20 to visually display the situation to the players. We will also be using an incredibly in-depth computer wargaming simulator called Macedon & Rome V7. It is something i highly recommend to anybody because of its ability to provide roleplay while determining the results of a battle.

Are you Interested?

If this (admittedly short) description of the experience is eye-catching to you at all, please feel free to contact me for more information. As I say in the description of the game, this is meant for people with busy lives who love to roleplay. In fact, there are only 2 turns per-week, and these turns are completed at your own pace without having to sit down with everyone at a specific time. If you think you'd like this, I'd love to hear from you.

Links

OverWorld - RP Discord

OverWorld - RP Wiki

OverWorld - RP World Anvil Site

OverWorld - RP Server Manual

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back