Mapping software for players?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

natty bodak

Well-Known Pubber
Reaction score
I'm looking for a light weight app designed to get players back in the habit of owning their own player maps, it should be something easy to sketch with and easy to edit and something collaborators could all see.

The tools offered on roll 20 and the like are a bit too awkward and too central.

This may be bit too vague but I'm hoping someone gets what I'm looking for.
Edit: primarily for VT/online play

Well if you need something collaborators can all see, does that mean in real-time?

The simplest solution I can think of is to use Google Drawings and add collaborators with editing privileges.

Well if you need something collaborators can all see, does that mean in real-time?

The simplest solution I can think of is to use Google Drawings and add collaborators with editing privileges.
Thanks. I think I may have looked at their drawing app a few years ago, but that part of my memory appears to have been eaten by a grue. I'll (re)take a look.

Yeah, I think you're feeling me. Something that can host a collection of stick figure style 5e dungeon maps that everyone can check and update as they please, adding annotations etc.

I'm moving away from battle matts in roll20 reserving the map layer for a more evocative image to set the scenes.

[Edited to remove the phone autocorrect madness.]

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back