[OOC] Vaults of Vaarn

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
bleys21 bleys21 Just a note about your charsheet in the other thread. Three rations of water take one inventory slot.

Apologies for late response in the IC thread. I had some small health issues for a week (nothing serious), and then I had to work on weekends to catch up on work, as I wasn't working for a week. Now, I'm back.

Hi rumble rumble . Just a reminder - it's your turn. Let us know in the IC thread whether you want to do something before we leave the city.

Pharmon didn't have any further agenda in the city.
I guess I should have been clear about that.

Guys, I am not a native English speaker and I feel like my English is making the game difficult for you, is that so?

I would not have noticed you weren't a native English speaker. Your prose is just fine.

Agreed, did not notice anything, and haven't had any difficulties understanding you so far.

Hi guys. I think that Brock Savage Brock Savage is on hiatus from the pub. His last pub post was on Dec 16. I hope he is alright, but since his last post was an argument with the mods, it's possible that he needed to take a break from this forum.
I will take over his character so we don't need to retcon him away. And if Brock comes back, I will be more than happy to return his character to him.

That's a bummer. Hopefully he comes back. But the Show must go on, as they say...

Hairless Bear Hairless Bear - Did we have a dice roller we were using, or am I just hallucinating again? I looked through the thread, and I don't see it, but I remember making all those rolls for character generation somewhere lol.

Ok, wasn't sure if I should post results in the IC thread, so I'll add them here for now. Results for the Intellect roll with advantage are 20 and 16, so with the +1, the high roll would be 21.

Ok, wasn't sure if I should post results in the IC thread, so I'll add them here for now. Results for the Intellect roll with advantage are 20 and 16, so with the +1, the high roll would be 21.
Man, you are using up all the good numbers, you know that, right? There won't be any for the other players.

Anyway, I think it's alright to post the result to the IC thread. I know the thread names are "In Character" and "Out Of Character", but a lot of stuff that I write into the IC thread are also not technically in character.

You don't need to resend this result to the IC thread though. I get it, you succeeded. :smile:

Man, you are using up all the good numbers, you know that, right? There won't be any for the other players.

Anyway, I think it's alright to post the result to the IC thread. I know the thread names are "In Character" and "Out Of Character", but a lot of stuff that I write into the IC thread are also not technically in character.

You don't need to resend this result to the IC thread though. I get it, you succeeded. :smile:

Yeah, I know. I saw those come up, and I was like, "We're going to need those later, I'm sure..." Lol

Maybe I should roll something inconsequential then, and use up all the shit rolls.

Anyone have ideas on how to proceed?
Mission identification to me means a code, which we can go hunting for.
But it could also mean just telling the bot what we plan to do (and hope it doesn't self-destruct).
Pharmon could also lie and request long term settlement materials while ship repairs are underway.
Or we could threaten the security of the ship (with the competing bunch) and offer to "rescue" critical components post-haste.

It almost sounds like the machine is looking for some kind of ID maybe? We might be able to find it somewhere else on the ship.

But as well, the response made it sound like the machine was experiencing...faults...of some kind? Perhaps it could be tricked into thinking that we're someone its expecting?

My character could probably semi-convincingly pose as a maintenance functionary of some kind.

OK, unless anyone objects soon I'll try posing as a maintenance technician and bluff our way past the computer.

In my mind, Max and Poucher weren't yet in the same place as Pharmon and Michael. So I "moved" them in the IC thread, to clarify the current situation.

I would also like to note that technically speaking, Max and Poucher do not know what was said between Pharmon and the robo-head.

Blah, insanely busy day or two ahead as I start a new job but I promise I'll put down a nice good post soon. :/

Should I have another turn or is it someone else's?

I reckon Pharmon is up, unless you want me to keep bantering with holohead.

Pharmon is somewhat irascible, so I'm being careful not to over-involve him. I'll post something today

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back