Pay What You Want Maps! (Shameless Self Promotion)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

J.L. Duncan

Pubber
Reaction score
Long story short, I make maps. Most of these start on napkins and spare bits of paper. Most find their way into my D&D Basic sessions... Though admittedly, that campaign recently came to a close (moving!). I get more enjoyment out of making these things, than really selling them, so they are PWYW.

Map! Fief Bend was released yesterday... My Link-Fu is weak but...

It's available on DriveThruRPG: here
& RPGNow: here

Cool, I will check that out. "Fief Bend" already looks compatible with a Flashing Blades scenario where the PCs need to rescue an abductee from a countryside inn.

Cool, I will check that out. "Fief Bend" already looks compatible with a Flashing Blades scenario where the PCs need to rescue an abductee from a countryside inn.

Excellent! You have a couple of options with that. If you browse around (in the sig of that product) another title is called Map! Coastal Village; that one might fit as well.

Excellent! You have a couple of options with that. If you browse around (in the sig of that product) another title is called Map! Coastal Village; that one might fit as well.

Great, I am hoping to sneak a peak at work tomorrow and get whatever might be useful. Nice work!

Great, I am hoping to sneak a peak at work tomorrow and get whatever might be useful. Nice work!

Great!

Don't mind me while I talk about myself...

I think these have gotten better. At some point I'm going to go back and edit the prior ones. I've also just noticed with this one, the shadows are a bit off... You can see it when you scroll through the PDF; the shadow of the tower (on the church) should go over that hedge... On the clean versions it doesn't, on the Hex and Graph versions it pops over... Ah well...

Well, I just draw with a pen or pencil on hex paper and sketch it out, so anything in color with proper-looking proportions is nice to have. Gives the players a nice visual.

There was certainly a time with RPGs where everything we did was theater of the mind... Honestly, I miss that sometimes. At the same time references are good. Maybe this is a topic for another thread; but it certainly does seem that RPGaming is coming full circle back to it's war gaming roots somewhat. A heavy dose of tactics with a lot of modern games these days...

There was certainly a time with RPGs where everything we did was theater of the mind... Honestly, I miss that sometimes. At the same time references are good. Maybe this is a topic for another thread; but it certainly does seem that RPGaming is coming full circle back to it's war gaming roots somewhat. A heavy dose of tactics with a lot of modern games these days...

I like to get the best of both worlds. Generally no miniatures and grids, but for some games where fights are exciting and choices actually make a difference, it can be important for everyone to understand exactly where a particular character is. It also prevents someone from lying about it...which I have seen happen when it turned out a poor choice was made, resulting in a disadvantage or death.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back