Pendragon Cycle (Tv Series)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rogerdee

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I know a lot of you love Mythras here, and there are a lot of Pendragon fans.

There are a series of books which has resulted in a tv series coming out based upon them.

Hopefully this is in the right section?
Not due for release until 2024, but if anyone is interested?

I have no faith in any tv adaptations of the 6th century after the disaster of Cornwell’s Arthur trilogy The Warlord Chronicles.

I have no faith in any tv adaptations of the 6th century after the disaster of Cornwell’s Arthur trilogy The Warlord Chronicles.
I haven't seen that one but thoroughly enjoyed the Last Kingdom series. Much more so than Vikings. Was that close to the books? Am thinking about reading them.

I haven't seen that one but thoroughly enjoyed the Last Kingdom series. Much more so than Vikings. Was that close to the books? Am thinking about reading them.
The Last Kingdom books are great, but seem to wander a bit, and I stopped after 4 or 5 books. His Warlord Trilogy is a much tighter story with a clear arc.

The Last Kingdom show was pretty good. Vikings was good. So the early medieval obviously isn't some kind of TV production unicorn. The poor quality of previous shows doesn't matter unless it's be the same showrunners.

The Last Kingdom show was pretty good. Vikings was good. So the early medieval obviously isn't some kind of TV production unicorn. The poor quality of previous shows doesn't matter unless it's be the same showrunners.

Yeah the only thing that matters here isn't the past history of tv shows set in an imaginary past but who will be creating the show.

In this case it is apparently Daily Wire who have a less-than-great track record and are very low budget so I wouldn't hold out too much hope unless a talented showrunner ends up attached to it.

Certainly this kind of show and setting would require a budget far higher than anything DW has been involved with in the past. So either they're shooting their shot with this series, it will never materialize or it will look like shoddy garbage.

Ironically there's a very loose adaptation of the King Arthur story on HBO/Crave (in Canada, not sure where it is broadcasting in the US), called The Winter King.

I watched the first two episodes and it is terrible, dark and 'gritty' in a silly way with a bunch of 'new' characters, stabs at pseudo-historical 'realness' and a load of characters and plot developments that have nothing to do with the classic arc of the King Arthur legend.

It's the sort of show where it will spin its wheels for episode after episode and by the end of 8-10 episodes we won't even have got to Arthur removing the sword from the stone.

Winter King airs on MGM + in the US

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back