Posts Per Page

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Jetstream

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Howdy!

So I've been trying to get into this place and there's something that's been bugging me.

Right now, default posts-per-page is set to, like, 40 or 50 or something like that. I find that... unwieldy.

Most forums have a way to set it so that your view shows a user-defined number of posts per page. I can't find this setting. I'd really rather have it set to 10 or 20.

Does this setting exist? Or if it does not, could it be added? It'd be nice for my brain.

Huh. I was wondering if there was a way to increase it to 100 per page...that's what I normally set on other sites.

No, once I set it, that's it for everyone. It came out of the box set at 20 then I had some people ask if it could be increased. I doubled it to 40. I guess I could do a poll and see what people think now.

No, once I set it, that's it for everyone. It came out of the box set at 20 then I had some people ask if it could be increased. I doubled it to 40. I guess I could do a poll and see what people think now.
So the forum software is just incapable of making that a user setting?

So the forum software is just incapable of making that a user setting?
Sooooo, necro'ing my old thread, I wanted to raise this question again.

Unless I miss my guess, the software RPG.net just upgraded to is the same as what this forum just upgraded to. And it appears to me that XenForo has now added the option for users to set their post-per-page themselves.

I mean, unless Shannon has some kind of mystic programmer voodoo and has created custom code for it?

Any chance this limitation can now be reversed? :grin:

There’s nothing official that I know about. They may have hacked it so that it works. I can look into mods but that has always been one of the most requested options that the devs for Xenforo never implemented.

It's not baked into XenForo 2. It requires a paid add-on that can be found here.

I'm sure you can donate $35 to the Patreon and Endless would take it into consideration. :tongue: And perhaps a little something for the time, as from reading the add-on description it appears that it also requires a bit of database hacking to enable setting custom posts per page, as well as a second free add-on.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back