So...Dwarrowdeep. Thoughts of those who have it?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Oh, that's interesting! That might actually make it to a physical shop near me, which would be cool.

I listened to an interview with Gillespie and Runehammer and he had some interesting ideas, even though I've no interest in d&d style games. His academic behaviour is astonishing. Having now read a scathing student review and seen who he is cosying up with, any mild interest I had has been replaced by repulsion.

Ah, he might be a putz but if the product is good I don’t have a problem supporting it. If I only supported creators I agree with 100% I’d only have games that I produced. I’ll draw the line at buying a bundle that supports a cause I don’t agree with but if a game in that bundle interests me it wouldn’t stop me from picking it up separately.

An academic making the students on his course buy his stuff as part of the course, giving bad grades to those who don't and/or give him a bad review. Fucker should be struck off and not allowed to teach. Tosser.

An academic making the students on his course buy his stuff as part of the course, giving bad grades to those who don't and/or give him a bad review. Fucker should be struck off and not allowed to teach. Tosser.
Sounds like something to take up with the institution he teaches at. Having to buy the instructor’s book for a course is pretty standard. As for having to give him a receipt I think that’s silly and in many institutions that wouldn’t stand but I doubt many students enroll these days without researching the instructor so they are going in eyes open.

I graduated from University decades ago so I'm a little out of touch, but what discipline does one study to take an rpg design course?

I know enough professors to take reviews with a grain of salt. The reviews seem to be of three types.
1. Too hard
2. Doesn't mesh with student political views.
3. Is a dick who lists his own books as class material.

All of which aren't uncommon and are immaterial as to whether you learn anything from the man. I got my friend Barrowmaze and Archaia and he likes them so I might get him Dwarrowdeep. I got him the Halls of Arden Vul pdf, so he's got a lot of material to go over.

I graduated from University decades ago so I'm a little out of touch, but what discipline does one study to take an rpg design course?

Some universities have game design courses and faculty, most seem to fall under Computer Science. That isn't what Gillsepie is teaching though, seems to be an undergrad course in popular media.

Clowns have been scary to me ever since my uncle explained to me what they really are...
In my Shadowrun campaign,, many clowns were ghouls as the heavy makeup and odd shaped clothing allowed them a cover in which to move about in the human dominated world.

The same clowns could be found as regulars at the local underground cage fighting scene.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back