Starfinder 2E comming soon and it will use the PF2E rules engine!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Korgoth

of Barbaria
Reaction score

Did I get the scoop?!!?!

Also a link to the official Playtest Doc Field Test (small doc) https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest .
Also Paizo has a new landing page for all things SF2E playtest www.starfinderplaytest.com .
Official SF2E faq https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest/faq (dead link atm)
Official SF2E forums https://paizo.com/community/forums/starfinder/secondEditionPlaytest
YT channel 'RollForCombat'''s vid on the topic with Erik Mona of Paizo

Let the arguments re: "balance matters/balance is an impossible goal" COMENCE!

Last edited:
Building it off PF2 makes sense. It’s basically the same style of game in a different milieu. Now you can port things easily between the systems since they’re using the same rules and designed to be compatible.

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks anyone...

Last edited:
As a young man I hated having Sci-Fi/Peanut-Butter in my Fantasy/Chocolate,(I was also crotchety about Shadowrun, which I now love)

But as I've Aged and grown Wiser, I have warmed to the idea of technology and fantasy fusion settings like Worlds Without Number, Empire of the East, Post-Apoc, Dying Earth.

download.jpg

Praps we'll see a HERO/GURPS types framework of d20evolved grow out of all this in a few years. Anywho, Anywhere, Anywhen.

Last edited:
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks anyone...

I finished running EBP a few weeks ago and as a player in a PF2 game, I don't think the two would work together without significant changes to either the module or the rule-set. Just my 2c.

I'm all down for this. My Starfinder GM loves Pathfinder 2E, so I am sure that we will move to it shortly after it comes out in 2025.

I'm all down for this. My Starfinder GM loves Pathfinder 2E, so I am sure that we will move to it shortly after it comes out in 2025.
My take on Starfinder 1e as a PF1e hater was "this makes a lot of good changes mechanically but it didn't go far enough" which is really what is making me excited about this as I felt PF2e did go far enough.

I really did like the sci-fantasy setting that was actually just D&Desque fantasy with tech level advanced to future, and that actually tied into Golarion lore.

does anyone know if the lore/setting will be updated as well? it was done for Golarion when pf2e came out

I assume it will take place post all the current Starfinder adventure paths, so any changes from what happens in those will probably be included in the lore. At least, that is what they did with PF2e.

Also, I imagine we will get updates to the lore due to them cutting out all the OGL stuff, just like they are doing with PF2e lore updates (removing stuff like Drow), so I can't imagine they won't also do the work to update the lore to advance the timeline a bit.

Wow. I like the setting so color me interested. Be fully compatible with PF2e is also a clutch choice. Plenty of options right out the gate.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back