Terminus Artwork + Design

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rob Necronomicon

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Hey 'dere,

Thought I'd share some of my artwork and maybe a few other bits & pieces from my soon to be released cyber horror setting Terminus for FASERIPopedia. I'll keep everything from now on here in this one thread as not to spam the place up. :smile:

First piece are some weapon designs that I've just finished (vector based using Affinity Designer). This is for 'the Constabulary' the police force if you will.

Terminus_Weapons.png

Those guns with saws on them remind me of Gears of War. :shade:

gears-of-war-fierce-battle-5a0rb42stmpvfixn.gif

Last edited:
That's beautiful, man.

So, go on, show us your character sheet. <end grimy voice>
Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. :smile: It's my first time laying out a game so I'm learning as I go. I'm learning Affinity Publisher and it's been a blast to use.
Right, character sheet. That's next on the list. :smile: I'll post it asap!

It's really nice. Makes me want to up my game! Can't say I'd be messing with doing such great technical drawing.

Hey godswearhats godswearhats - have a look

The technical drawing stuff like the guns, etc. Do take quite a bit of time, tbh. But I've been taking a few sneaky shortcuts that helps. Like reusing parts of the detailing and gun handles, etc. Which also you gives a nice contestant look.
Also, because everything I do is 'vector' I can easily copy and paste the elements from each weapon. That would be a lot harder to do with conventional files like a png (or raster images). :smile:

I picked up the Affinity suite when it was on sale last month as I figured once my student Adobe Creative licence runs out, I am not that keen to pay the full subscription cost. So far so good. I also picked up Clip Studio Print when it was going 60% off sale. It has a different approach but I quite like it.

I picked up the Affinity suite when it was on sale last month as I figured once my student Adobe Creative licence runs out, I am not that keen to pay the full subscription cost. So far so good. I also picked up Clip Studio Print when it was going 60% off sale. It has a different approach but I quite like it.
I really like Affinity. I've been using Affinity Designer for quite a few years now but bought the recent 2.0 upgrade. I dumped Adobe when they went sub. I've heard Clip Studio Paint is good. I must check it out of digital pencil drawing, etc.

I really like Affinity. I've been using Affinity Designer for quite a few years now but bought the recent 2.0 upgrade. I dumped Adobe when they went sub. I've heard Clip Studio Paint is good. I must check it out of digital pencil drawing, etc.

I working on project now with Designer 2.0. Very happy with it so far but still exploring it. By the end of the project I hope internalised it and found my ideal workflow.

The thing about Clip Studio that takes getting used to is that vector mode does not have fill/flood; you have do the colouring on a different raster layer. So it's more of a paint program with really strong vector support. What it great though is just how well it allows you to manipulate and correct your vectors. I also really UI. A first it seemed cluttered but now I appreciate how, if I am just messing about on the sofa, graphic tablet on my knees I rarely need to reach out to me keyboard.

I haven't used yet its more unique features like the 3D poseable models, the comicbook frames or the insane number of assets, but tor £15 when it was on sale, it was remarkable value!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back