The D&D Movie Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

lategamer

Writer, Sailor, Filmmaker, Irishman,
Reaction score
Prompted by AsenRG AsenRG

So, I would definitely use classic modules for this - Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain...sure, they make these modules kinda unplayable for anyone who watches the movie but it's not like that's a major issue.

Opening Scene: At the start of the dungeon, the first trap, the first encounter.....

<Matt goes to dig The Keep on the Borderlands> module from his dusty digital archive.

Flashback
, three days earlier...

Post Credits Scene: the final room with the PCs, camera goes to extreme wide shot and the room becomes the map of the room on a tabletop. Some crudely painted figures in the positions of the PCs are upon it alongside some polyhedral dice. There's chat in the background, someone is finishing off snacks, someone's lift arrives. "See you next week?"

How much 'out of game' screen time will there be? I'm not too sure I could cope with watching the GMs girlfriend (who's not interested in playing, but gets preferential treatment)!

How much 'out of game' screen time will there be? I'm not too sure I could cope with watching the GMs girlfriend (who's not interested in playing, but gets preferential treatment)!
I think it's literally credits. And it should be funny. and maybe heartbreaking.

I wou;don't introduce GM girlfriend until the second movie...
Could also explain some in-game oddities. Like how "Timotei the healer survived that fireball" - well two of the players as they're leaving are, like

"There's no way she could have survived"
"She was what, 11 hit points. She should have been toast"
"Well, you know....GM's girlfriend"
"Oh man, that sucks"
"It's gonna be worse when she dumps him and we have to play through the Temple of Elemental Evil because of his pained soul."
"LOL"

See, we explained what happens in games and also foreshadowed TOFEE

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back