The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Not to get too political, but that's pretty much what the rich have always wanted to do with the poor. Why try and fix poverty when you can just kill all the poor people off in various ways... :sad:

lets slow our roll
Perhaps we need to step back from edge of the political commentary cliff and stop staring into the abyss for a while. I don't want to have to break out the cameras to check if anyone is putting toes over the line. Other than that, as you were.

Edit: actually that was a bit tasteless. Even if it was my relatives. Apology tax coming soon.

View attachment 80039
"Hexanitrohexaazaisowurtzitane, or CL-20, was developed as a highly energetic, compact, and efficient explosive. What makes it unusual is not that it blows up - go find me a small hexa-N-nitro compound that doesn't - but that it doesn't actually blow up immediately, early, and often. No, making things that go off when someone down the hall curses at the coffee machine, that's no problem. Making something like this that can actually be handled and stored is a real accomplishment.

Not that it's what you'd call a perfect compound in that regard - despite a lot of effort, it's still not quite ready to be hauled around in trucks. There's a recent report of a method to make a more stable form of it, by mixing it with TNT. Yes, this is an example of something that becomes less explosive as a one-to-one cocrystal with TNT. Although, as the authors point out, if you heat those crystals up the two components separate out, and you're left with crystals of pure CL-20 soaking in liquid TNT, a situation that will heighten your awareness of the fleeting nature of life."
--Derek Lowe, Things I Won't Work With: Hexanitrohexaazaisowurtzitane

Derek Lowe is a synthetic organic chemist working in the pharmaceutical industry, and has been blogging about chemistry and the pharmaceutical industry since the advent of the commercial internet. If you've never read the "Things I Won't Work With" section of his blog, it's worth a read. Having some knowledge of chemistry enhances the experience, but Lowe is such a deft writer that such knowledge is not strictly necessary.

Derek Lowe is fucking hilarious. The whole thing was funny but the bit about Il Trovatore had me snarfling like a mad scientist.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f7a336d3431565a2e6a706567

Everyone who put in to reincarnate as a mantis shrimp ought to feel really stupid about now.

Plenty of fodder for Rule 0 comedy.

Citation:

Everyone who put in to reincarnate as a mantis shrimp ought to feel really stupid about now.

Plenty of fodder for Rule 0 comedy.

Citation:

So, basically they can't even manage a CGA colour palette, let alone EGA or VGA.

So, basically they can't even manage a CGA colour palette, let alone EGA or VGA.
They are shrimp people. Is this actually surprising that a thing at the bottom of the ocean feeding off detritus isn't great at seeing the rainbow? WTF would they need that? Oh look at the beautiful rotting crab! See the shades of magenta in its claw. Pretty. Lemme eat that!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back