The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
391f714900c8b056.png

The same can be said for North East Washington State.
Silly Giganotosaurus, that's just Canada. You wandered a bit too far north. *

p.s: TheSaint TheSaint Lies! That's propaganda, nothing more!

* North East Washington where the sun goes down at 4pm and doesn't rise until 10am. I swear it's true, or least it's true where my inlaws lived and the narrow ass ravines that they call a valley. 50 miles south of the Canadian border, my wife actually competed in Canadian swim league growing up there. lol. I like to tell people that we meet that she's actually a Canadian spy.

Silly Giganotosaurus, that's just Canada. You wandered a bit too far north. *
You aren't far off, I grew up 10 miles south of the Canadian Border.

I live farther south now, we had a nice sunny start to the day, perfect eclipse viewing weather. Now, when the eclipse is at its height it's clouded over.

Hey, hey! Imaginos Imaginos and I aren't up for the sacrifice deal! I wasn't born here, I was forced here due to corporate greed! I'll let Imaginos Imaginos come up with his own defense.
Wasn’t born here either. Not revealing what west coast state I was born in. But the problem with the doubles that tried to invade is that they forgot that Tennessee is now constitutional carry. I heard multiple gun reports earlier. My assumption is my neighbors are safe.

We won't to see the eclipse this time, but I had my eclipse experience a good few years ago. I was lucky in that one of the guys in our team at work had a PhD in Astronomy so he rigged up a contraption that projected the eclipse on a bare wall as it progressed. Not sure how that is better than watching in on TV, but I guess it makes it feel more authentic. We naturally all popped out when the sun was completely blocked out to, mainly to experience the city centre go dark in the middle of the day.

Still the whole "yes, here is a great, rare spectacle in the sky but no, you can't look at it directly" seems designed to annoy.

What I would really like to see are the Northern Lights. I've been on a few holidays in northern countries during periods of high solar activity, but it's just too random.

Ditto. We went on an Alaska cruise last year, during October, which is supposed to be prime aurora time. Saw nada. Very disappointed.
Pfft. I live there and haven't seen the bloody things for over six years now. In the summer its too light and its overcast, in the winter its bloody cold to sit on your ass outside in a park for hours or its overcast, and the rest of the year its overcast.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back