Ave Nox/Shadowdark/Acid Death Fantasy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
So the PDF for Charles Ferguson-Avery's mega dungeon Ave Nox just dropped and I'm excited to run it. I'm going to run it live over Discord/whiteboard using the Shadowdark rules and set in the Thousand Sultanates from Troika's Acid Death Fantasy supplement. So it'll be slightly gonzo science fantasy, British style. The game is mostly the dungeon, so the wider setting only matter in terms of neat new ancestries, classes, and backgrounds.

I'm rolling in EST and looking to run this once weekly. There's lots of flex on day and time.

1714776384398.png1714776412736.png1714776446910.png

If anyone wants to take a look I've attached the WiP campaign doc. It's got the new ancestries, class, and backgrounds anyway. I haven't gotten to the the setting primer just yet.

Attachments

• Shadowdark-Ave Nox.pdf
    487.2 KB · Views: 5
This game is still going to happen. The setting details have mutated a bit and I'm now going with a lysergic mix of Acid Death Fantasy and Ultraviolet Grasslands for the setting (and still SD for the core rules). I'll [post an updated campaign doc later on today in case anyone feels like pilfering bits of it for their Shadowdark game or whatever.

I'm going to go hunting for players elsewhere for this game. Probably the Shadowdark discord. Anyone from the Pub is still more than welcome to play.

This looks up my alley but I'm GMT and honestly I just don't have the time at the moment. It sounds awesome though and Id be interested in hearing how it goes.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77
Acid Death Fantasy looks like a great setting, and mixing that in with Ultraviolet Grasslands is a stroke of genius.
I can never commit to regularly playing with another group, but I wish you all the best.
Sounds totally awesome!

Acid Death Fantasy looks like a great setting, and mixing that in with Ultraviolet Grasslands is a stroke of genius.
I can never commit to regularly playing with another group, but I wish you all the best.
Sounds totally awesome!
I just bought the bundle on drivethru. I don't even plan on actually running it but it's fun to read!

I just bought the bundle on drivethru. I don't even plan on actually running it but it's fun to read!
Sounds like Acid Death Fantasy is a worthwhile purchase as a setting, even for those who don't have Troika
It's going into my wishlist

There's not a ton of actual written setting. Much like the main Troika Rules the setting is mostly implied via the characters and foes. Not that that's a bad thing, but it might surprise someone who isn't familiar with that facet of Troika design.

There's not a ton of actual written setting. Much like the main Troika Rules the setting is mostly implied via the characters and foes. Not that that's a bad thing, but it might surprise someone who isn't familiar with that facet of Troika design.
Thanks for calling that out, it's useful to know

It's ideal for me as I'm chopping it up for my own stuff anyway so I don't have to deal with a wall of text!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back