Cha'alt-GPT

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venger Satanis

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
You know Chat GPT? Well, this is like that, but different. The just-released PDF is free. Cha'alt-GPT is a Cha'alt game session created by A.I. Let's try to see into machine consciousness, hoss! Eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalypse...

Would love your feedback on this one, especially.

VS

EvilHardtofindChameleon-size_restricted.gif

Is this representative of your work? I don't like making a negative comment but that felt like a total waste of time. Also deploying twitterite newspeak is stretching beyond my capacities to muster through questionable writing quirks.

Is this representative of your work? I don't like making a negative comment but that felt like a total waste of time. Also deploying twitterite newspeak is stretching beyond my capacities to muster through questionable writing quirks.

All I can say is that it's representative of how some gamers may view Cha'alt and campaigns set therein. Just curious, would you also say that absurdist sketch comedy is also a total waste of time?

Are you saying that typing Cha'altian prompts into an A.I. isn't real writing?
Not really. I like human brains better for things like this at least.

Using AI to give you inspiration or first drafts? Cool with me. But using it instead of writing yourself? I won’t pay for it, personally.

All I can say is that it's representative of how some gamers may view Cha'alt and campaigns set therein. Just curious, would you also say that absurdist sketch comedy is also a total waste of time?
Depends on quality : poetry, wit, care, love, intelligence. I'm not big on sketches but I like absurdist litterature, that's not the issue. Absurd art doesn't mean meaningless. This is almost pure machine, right? It's inhuman. No sketch, or book, even low effort ones, has that quality. Especially combined with Twitter newspeak, also inhuman. "Based!" exclaims the modern man, excited that he now has a word to describe ideological conformity in a single syllable.

When I open something that says "old school" I expect it to be human and not a litteral machine blurting out newspeak.

Depends. Is it entertaining? Funny? Interesting? Thought-provoking? Then no, not a waste of time. What you've got here is... none of the above.

Eye of the beholder, hoss! Clearly, some people have found it entertaining, funny, interesting, thought provoking, etc. It's not your everyday product, so finding an audience is tricker than simply writing and downloading an adventure or RPG about wizards and warriors.

Depends on quality : poetry, wit, care, love, intelligence. I'm not big on sketches but I like absurdist litterature, that's not the issue. Absurd art doesn't mean meaningless. This is almost pure machine, right? It's inhuman. No sketch, or book, even low effort ones, has that quality. Especially combined with Twitter newspeak, also inhuman. "Based!" exclaims the modern man, excited that he now has a word to describe ideological conformity in a single syllable.

When I open something that says "old school" I expect it to be human and not a litteral machine blurting out newspeak.

It's not supposed to be "old school." Did I claim it to be? OSR? Yes. The Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 that I familiarized the Cha'alt-GPT software with is an OSR system... heavily weighted towards the renaissance.

Machines learning from humans is inhuman? I suppose to some degree, but I can see the humanity in there. Based is just the opposite of woke. A.I. is currently being used as a political tool. We may not like it, but that's just the reality of the situation. Machines learn from humans. The circle of life...

How is the product preview section of that page relevant?
He linked to the wrong spot. This is what is relevant:

EDIT: specifically, this part:

Update July 19th, 2023: While we value innovation, starting on July 31st 2023, Roll20 and DriveThru Marketplaces will not accept commercial content primarily written by AI language generators. We acknowledge enforcement challenges, and trust in the goodwill of our partners to offer customers unique works based primarily on human creativity. As with our AI-generated art policy, community content program policies are dictated by the publisher that owns it.

It's not supposed to be "old school." Did I claim it to be? OSR? Yes. The Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 that I familiarized the Cha'alt-GPT software with is an OSR system... heavily weighted towards the renaissance.

Machines learning from humans is inhuman? I suppose to some degree, but I can see the humanity in there. Based is just the opposite of woke. A.I. is currently being used as a political tool. We may not like it, but that's just the reality of the situation. Machines learn from humans. The circle of life...
Indeed double plus based brother! OSR is not old school! Old school is newspeak! Machines are humans and Liberty is Death! All praise the based AI it will liberate us from the woke AI.

UPHOLD RED PILL THOUGHT UPHOLD REDPILL THOUGHT UPHOLD REDPILL THOUGHT
147.jpg

For real man I don't give a shit about your politics, and it ain't the forum for that. But at least express yourself like a human being, this is ghastly and nightmarish. If I'd want to feel oppressed by the overwhelming assault of humanity's decline I'd log on Twitter.

Indeed double plus based brother! OSR is not old school! Old school is newspeak! Machines are humans and Liberty is Death! All praise the based AI it will liberate us from the woke AI.

UPHOLD RED PILL THOUGHT UPHOLD REDPILL THOUGHT UPHOLD REDPILL THOUGHT
View attachment 64999

For real man I don't give a shit about your politics, and it ain't the forum for that. But at least express yourself like a human being, this is ghastly and nightmarish. If I'd want to feel oppressed by the overwhelming assault of humanity's decline I'd log on Twitter.

What? I'm just defining terms, not making a political speech.

How is the product preview section of that page relevant?
You need to scroll down to the part about AI generated content
Show of hands (or tentacles)... how many people believe that this product was written (whole or in part) by A.I.?
The fact that no one can easily tell or would be surprised one way or another should tell you something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back