Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
“I mean, why bother cleaning up the blood. It’s not like he’s dead or anything, and it’s not like you have any on you. Besides, it’s dirt. Its default state is dirty.”

Levi just kind of popped her neck, it was clear she was wholly unthreatened by Mary, especially as she was now.
Mary seemed more mildly irritated than afraid on her side. She grumbled a bit before responding.

"Becuase I spend a lot of time here, and rotten blood smells fucking rank."

"I guess that's one of those things that you wind up just getting used to, or kind of fades into the background when you're used to worse. I mean, I'm guessing by the look of you that you aren't the type of person to take a 6 month vacation living in the sewers eating rats to survive and fighting hobos for territory."

Levi wasn't entirely sure why, or rather, she was perfectly aware of her reasons for it but she didn't know why she was itching for a fight as bad as she was, but she was trying to goad this newcomer into a fight.

"I guess that's one of those things that you wind up just getting used to, or kind of fades into the background when you're used to worse. I mean, I'm guessing by the look of you that you aren't the type of person to take a 6 month vacation living in the sewers eating rats to survive and fighting hobos for territory."

Levi wasn't entirely sure why, or rather, she was perfectly aware of her reasons for it but she didn't know why she was itching for a fight as bad as she was, but she was trying to goad this newcomer into a fight.
Mary's slight irritation rose, but she beat it down. There was no godamn point to fighting this chick. She finally lowered her bat all the way down, grip slack.
"Look, I get that you are a badass, really, I do, but I do need to clean up that...mess. So, are you done with the bastard, and if so, do you plan on sticking around for clean up?"

"You know, I'm picking up on a fair bit of hostility here, because if looks could kill, then I'm sure you'd be trying to rip my heart out with those eyes of yours. Of course, you'd also probably be doing a lot more than you ever could with that bat the way you've been holding it. But anyway, I'm sure old Mr. Trash Tigers over there is a mess of the self cleaning variety, since I know he's not dead and he's still probably trying to get away to whatever doctor he thinks can fix the mess that is his trigger finger. Besides, a wide open place like this, a little bit of blood compared to the heaps of garbage is practically cologne. Honestly, probably one of the reasons so many people dump corpses here."

She gestured around to the abandoned piles of trash that people had kind of just dumped here since the people that owned the place left for their own reasons abandoning the place.

Sarah shook her head softly, “Not if it cant see me, but..”

Well, one last idea.

The station was too bright, but not everwhere was well lit and indeed t he Darkspawn had fled for the darkness under the train. Darkness she could use. Drawing on the primordial dream once more, the darkness beneath the train came alive just as the darkspawn was crawling into it.

And once more, tentacles shot out to encircle it. This time holding it steady... with its body half way across the tracks. An idea inspired by some of her favourite Saturday morning cartoons. It never really seemed to work for them... but it was the best she could do. The girl turned her attention back to the noble. “I Yosemite Sam-ed it on the train tracks, thats the best I can do without causing a scene.” After a moment she added, “Sorry...”, if only she hadn't messed up the nightmare. Twice.

But it wouldn't do for the teenagers to pay too much attention to the window... The tracks were lower than the platform so people couldn't see it, but if they stuck their head out of the broken window they would see blob butt sticking out.

So Sarah hopped out of her seat and stepped up to the teenagers, to the girl in particular, and looked up at them with big innocent eyes and with all the cute she could muster she chirped out “Are you a hooker?”

"You know, I'm picking up on a fair bit of hostility here, because if looks could kill, then I'm sure you'd be trying to rip my heart out with those eyes of yours. Of course, you'd also probably be doing a lot more than you ever could with that bat the way you've been holding it. But anyway, I'm sure old Mr. Trash Tigers over there is a mess of the self cleaning variety, since I know he's not dead and he's still probably trying to get away to whatever doctor he thinks can fix the mess that is his trigger finger. Besides, a wide open place like this, a little bit of blood compared to the heaps of garbage is practically cologne. Honestly, probably one of the reasons so many people dump corpses here."

She gestured around to the abandoned piles of trash that people had kind of just dumped here since the people that owned the place left for their own reasons abandoning the place.
Mary rolled her eyes but looked a little more relaxed for..some reason. If all that chick could pick up was some angry eyes, then Mary was doing a good job.
"Cool, you gonna get the fuck out then?"

"Fine, keep up being an uptight bitch that hangs out in junkyards and complains about the smell then." Levi went ahead and detransformed as soon as she knew that John was gone enough and not looking back, possibly pinging family resemblance if she hadn't been already before cutting it off all together, "Of course, I can say one thing for sure. You wouldn't be able to land a good hit on me if you tried."

"Fine, keep up being an uptight bitch that hangs out in junkyards and complains about the smell then." Levi went ahead and detransformed as soon as she knew that John was gone enough and not looking back, possibly pinging family resemblance if she hadn't been already before cutting it off all together, "Of course, I can say one thing for sure. You wouldn't be able to land a good hit on me if you tried."
Mary practically collapsed with relief, sighing. She dropped the bat with a thud, and called out.

"Come back later if you really want to fight, I just..can't right now, alright?"

"Oh trust me, if I'm not so blitzed off my ass I forget that you exist, that's something you can definitely count on happening." She mentally debated for a minute if she should affirm that her 'official nickname' was "Stuck up bitch" but, she decided against it, since she needed some Doc McGillcuddy's to deal with her not-insignificant hangover.

Metro Underground

The female teen look in shock at Sarah.

"What did you call me, you brat?"

One of her two friends tried to calm her down.

"Easy, Betty. She's just a kid, she doesn't realize what she's..."

"She called me a hooker!" the girl screamed. "Are you sayin' I look like a hooker?"

"No, but..."

"Then she friggin' insulted me!"

"So what?" her other friend asked. "What do you want us to do? Hit her? She's just a kid!"

Their argument produced exactly the result expected; now none of them cared about the broken window. The creature below tried to get free from the tendrils, but to no avail; it was trapped, and this time no effort helped. Eventually, the alarm ringed, and the train started again. Nobody heard as the child-eating monster was crushed between the rails.

Anabel slipped the girl a small smile as the argument began. She stayed quiet for now; as long as the argument stayed in the group, she didn't see a need to intervene. Wheels were turning in her mind, however... Interesting. I wonder if I should invite her with me...

Dusk smiled, and said, in normal English, "Looking for more secret people like you and me. There's something wrong in this town that needs to be made right, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get." Dusk shifted her posture, breaking that unspoken barrier that forms between strangers that usually makes the situation unfamiliar and awkward when left to linger.

Slums

As Levi was about to move, a strange noise came out from between the various pieces of metallic junk. Like something was moving on the pieces. As she looks closer, she noticed things were lurking below broken cars, slowly approaching. Things that look like famelic dogs with tentacle-like, arm-sized tongues. And one of them was now slowly approaching behind this junkyard-hanging girl she had just talked to. Said girl didn't seem to notice, but maybe if she warned her fast enough...

Metro Underground

The argument kept going, which probably wasn't helped by Sarah looking as disbelieving as possible, only irritating further the female teen as her two friends were desperately trying to stop her from slapping a child. Eventually, however, the train arrived at the stop to Chinatown. It was time for Anabel to go, but what would she do with that strangely manipulative child?

Last edited:
Anabel stands up. She says to the teen, simply, "I think you look appropriate, miss. No need to let a child's errant statement ruffle you. Speaking of which-" She turns to said little girl, "How'd you like to come with me for a bit? Quick walk and talk."

Levi was already transformed back, and she internally debated just not doing anything about this new darkspawn that showed up, but she steeled herself to go ahead and take care of it. In about a single second she pivoted on her heels to be facing Mary, spent her 4th wisp transforming, and spent a willpower to aim as good as possible, electing to use this as her duties for the day, since she was protecting someone from the darkness.

And then there was a loud tearing noise like thunder through the air as a bolt of lightning leaped cleanly from the outstretched finger to the face of the Darkspawn, blackening its skin in a thunder pattern down it's body giving it massive 3rd degree burns all the way inside of its body, effectively cooking it straight past well done.

"A little bit of help for the road, unless you think you can handle the rest of them, I might as well bid you adieu."

Last edited:
Sarah turned and looked at the woman with an expression caught half way between shock and a pout. By the Mother these guys are terrible at this sorta thing. Sarah was ten and she could have deflected better than that.

Quick, distraction before the muggles decided that the woman was a creeper!

Out loud, Sarah made a long “Awwww” and reached up to take her hand, “I wanted to talk to the hooker.” she claimed in a plaintive whine, projecting a sense that she knew this woman as best she could.

"I don't believe she is one, and perhaps we can discuss the details to discern once we leave these nice people to their discussion," Anabel replies, taking the hand and getting ready to leave the subway with her.

Annabella's eyes opened. She placed her hands on her chest and leaned back, like she had been shot though the heart. Annie kept this act up for a few seconds, slowly pivoting 360 degrees. Her tongue out as she childishly pretended to die slowly. When she completed her routine she put her hands on her hips. "Oh no! You guessed that I am also a secret person." A look of mock horror came across her face "My life is ruined!"

"I am on a mission to get candy! I can't think of anything that can be more important then that." Annie paused as she looked away "Well, I can actually think of a few secret things that would be more important. Like stopping people from getting hurt, making angry people be happy people, rescuing a boy who turns out is my lover from another life and falling in love with him again," Annabella had lost concentration at this point and was just babbling "getting that head secret person to make me an iphone because it's been several Christmases and Santa hasn't given me one....."

It didn't look like Annie was going to stop any time soon.

Last edited:
Slums

Levi had some practice with shooting lightning by now, and she didn't miss: the creature was struck by it. In a spectacular reaction, its body exploded under the effect of lightning, splatting the entire area- including Mary - with dark-colored, half-burnt gore. There was a shriek, and the other monsters forgot any attempt at stealth to rush all at once on the two. There were now at the very least ten of these, and they were hungry.

Metro Underground

"I'M GONNA FUCKIN' KILL HER!"
"Damn it, Betty, calm down!"

The two boys were now struggling to hold their friend, grabbing her by the few clothes she had as she was desperately trying to reach for Sarah with clearly agressive intentions. Anabel wisely decided to leave with the young Beast while they still had a graps on her, and the two of them got out of the train. As the alarm rang again and the door began to close, they could catch a glimpse of one of the two boys, who had made the unfortunate decision of grabbing her by the waist, accidentally dropping her skirt and thong while falling, thus uncovering her naked bottom for everyone to see.

Last edited:
Sarah looked over her shoulder at the sight, giggled and called out "Your supposed to go to a motel first~!"

Then looked up at the noble whos hand she was holding. "We should leave. Now."

"Yes. Yes we should." Anabel leads the girl topside, "That was a nice job down there. You ever thought of doing professional work? Pays well, meet interesting people, get to make a difference. There's someone I'd like you to meet if you're up for it."

University

The next night, when going back on his computer, Ernest would find a new mail from Dennis Machiel on his computer:

"Hello, Mr Slender.

Thank you again for accepting this assignment. As promised, we will regularly send you informations about the group you will be part of. At the moment, we still have yet to get the complete list, but we already can confirm at least two Nobles:

- Anabel Smith: Seeker of Diamonds. Very little is known about her, though she seems to have only recently Blossomed, given she has only now started to make herself known. She works as the liason of a detective agency in her Transformed state, and has been employed by the famous billionaire philanthropist Princess of Mirrors Heather Anthon, who provided us with her as part of the group. Aside from this, little is known about her; she is very careful about hiding her Mundane state, and we aren't even sure Her name really is Anabel Smith. Regarding her personality, she seems to be very professional and cold-blooded. She also appears to prefer peaceful solutions whenever possible.

- Dusk Vespertine: Grace of Brass. Also a friend of Heather Anthon who agreed to provide help. A guitarist of talent and a fine psychologist, she seems to have slightly less problems than the average Princesses with our kind, as report suggest she has a Beast who considers herself kin; we do not know the identity of said Beast, however, so you will have to find that out by yourself.

Saldy, this is all we can provide you with for now. Hopefully, it helps.

Respectfully,

Dennis Machiel."

Last edited:
Sarah rolled her eyes, “Its not hard. And I don't think I'm old enough for a job.” The little Beast screwed her face up in thought. “But I'm still hungry...” she protested mildly, then sighed. The day truely was ruined. “Fine, I'll come cousin. But if I don't get anything to feed on today your explaining it to my mom.”

"We can discuss your feeding after the meeting, and if things work out you might be able to eat on the job. Anabel Smith. Your name, miss?"

Sarah perked up at the mention of being able to eat on the job. “Deal!” she declared, “And my name is Sarah!” she announced, puffing up proudly.

"Nice to meet you, Sarah." Anabel leads her to the Chinese Theater. When they find Heather, Anabel gives a small nod, "Hello. Got your message, came as soon as I could." She gestures to the girl next to her. "This is Sarah. She's a Beast I met in the Metro. She helped me clear out a Darkspawn and distracted potential witnesses afterward."

"Hello, Dusk. No, not yet, but I'll let you know when I figure it out. Anway, there's something I'd like you to do for me..."

Heather finished talking on the phone for a moment, before hanging up.

"Alrighty, she's collecting all the allies she can get, and she's on her way. The other person should get there anytime soon."

And indeed, a few minutes later, someone came to inform Ai a young lavender-haired woman in MiB outfit and a blonde ten-years-old girl had just arrived and were asking to see this. Heather confirmed the woman at least was the one they called, and they were allowed enter. And so Anabel and Sarah were introduced to the trio.

Eugene raised an eyebrow at Sarah's presentation. "You're bringing a Beast in one of our headquarters? I know she's just a child, but..."

"Easy, Eugene," Ai interrupted him. "There's a Truce, remember?"

"... Of course. Sorry. It's just that... isn't it a bit too soon for that? We have been at truce for a few month, tensions still are there..."

"Eh, we will never make any progress if we don't start now," Heather answered, before turning to Sarah. "Welcome, kid, and thank you for helping my agent."

Last edited:
Sarah looked at the Chinese theatre dubiously as they approached, “Anna, if your planning to sell me to a sweatshop I should warn you its not going to go well...” she commented, but otherwise didn't remark as she was lead inside and eventually finding herself in front of three of her kind's former enemies. Still family though, and there was a truce.

Sarah drew herself up in front of the assembled nobles, downright preening, “I was invited!” she replied to Eugene's fussing. Practically radiating 'you cant touch me'ness. Still, she looked around curiously, its not like she would have ever see- wait. The lightbulb of recognition turned on behind her eyes.

Sarah pointed at Eugene, “I know you!” she declared. “Your the one who stole Isabella's house. She has a bunch of pictures of you and uses them for dart practice. I almost didn't recognize you without all the holes in your face...” She trailed off, then added, “I'm uh, my mother says I'm not allowed to repeat the words she usually uses to describe you... but Isabella's getting to be a pretty good shot!” Sarah admitted cheerfully as she flawlessly mimicked the sound of a dart hitting wood.

In turn, she beamed up at Heather, “No problem, pretty lady!”

Last edited:
Dusk smiled widely at the girl's shenanigans. "Secret people should talk about secret things in secret, not out here in the not-secret places. I would love to hear about your other life in another place other than here with another thing other than air between us and others."

Anabel kept mum for now. This is not how it went in Men In Black, she thought to herself.

Ai burst in laugh at Sarah's story. "Seems you were right, Eugene. There still are tensions... I like this girl."

"And so do I," Heather added, visibly happy to be referred to as pretty.

The priest smiled a bit. "Can't pretend I am surprised," he answered. "But I take it this young lady knows High Priestess Isabella?"

"It doesn't matter," Heather answered. "We were about to cooperate anyway." she turned to Anabel. "Thank you for coming so fast, Mrs Smith. As usual, your ponctuality doesn't disappoint. Now, for that task I needed you for..."

Once again, she activated her Data Wizard Charm, showing a plan of the Slums on her screen.

"Long story short, Begotten are planning an assault on gang from the Slums known as the Trash Tigers. They apparently think these people might have something to do with the Darkness' increase in power these last years. Regardless of the truth, they know we don't like these people, so Machiel offered to join forces for the assault." She stopped for a second. "So I would like you to gather a few Nobles willing to take part in this little visit to the Tigers. We'll get you in contact with Dusk Vespertine from Downtown; she's a friend of mine who agreed to help. Once the two of you are ready, I'll send you a message indicating where to join Beasts." She shurt her screen down. "Any question?"

Last edited:
“... I guess so” she deflated slightly as she sighed “But if the secret stuff is less important then getting candy the you will have to send a huge tub of candy to the orphanage with a note ‘I’m so sorry to have interrupted Annabella Ryder’s quest for candy!’”

Annie paused for a while as she processed what she said “there I’ve told you my non-secret name. Do you have one or shall I call you strange secret lady?”

Slums

The monsters started to circle around the two girls, looking for an opening. Eventually they separated in two groups, with five attacking each of them, trying to stab them with their insanely sharp tongues. They stroke with all their rage, visibly determined to reduce their opponents to pieces. In their savagery, one of those attacking Levi missed and actually injured one of his comrads by accident.

Downtown

As Dusk and Annabella were continuing their discussion, three teenagers emerged from a nearby entrance to the subway. The first was a visibly angry girl in rather skimpy clothes, who refused to even look as the two boys walking behind her were trying to catch up- one of them with a visible black eye. As they pass next to the two Princesses, they could hear this brief exchange between the two:

"Come on, Betty, I already said I was sorry! It was an accident!"

"DON'T CARE! I hope the two of you enjoyed the view on my ass, because that was the first and last time you'll see any intimate part of me naked!"

Last edited:
The monsters started to circle around the two girls, looking for an opening. Eventually they separated in two groups, with five attacking each of them, trying to stab them with their insanely sharp tongues. They stroke with all their rage, visibly determined to reduce their opponents to pieces. In their savagery, one of those attacking Levi missed and actually injured one of his comrads by accident.
Mary felt the sharp pain of being stabbed, gritting her teeth. Her vision went red, muscles bulging with newfound strength. Her size was unchanged, yet she felt larger. There was rumbling noise, a thing of crushed concrete and broken asphalt looming over her for a few moments as she scooped up her bat, ready to crush, maim, destroy.

Levi was neither caught unawares or inexperienced in fighting this exact type of creature. Well, darkspawns in general anyway, they had been around even before she had blossomed, and then her best tool to killing them was a shotgun to the brain, now however, she felt one of them stab her in the shoulder just before she blinked away, deciding to appear again about a foot overhead of the one that had gotten the better of the hits into the other combatant, since clearly she could NOT handle fighting all of these on her own, so she was sticking around whether she was wanted or not.

However, as she landed, with electricity flowing through her iron boot, she felt the thing's head crunch beneath her, she figured it might as well be dead as she took a look at the other ones.

Dusk let the three teens continue past the two of them out of earshot. Directing Anabella to a place around the side of the orphanage that was further away from the street (and other people), and proceeded to explain the situation to the young Noble in a concise, to-the-point manner. She paused after she finished, and then said, "Go ahead and get some candy for your friends; If you want to help me with this, then come to the Chinese Theater when you're done."

The Darkspawns pursued their assault, making up for their small size and weak bodies with numbers. Four of them tried to hit Levina once again, only to constantly miss the insanely fast Princess. Mary, unfortunately, wasn't doing so good; she already was injured, and one of them miraculously managed to hit her - though not without the three approaching getting slammed by a swing of her bat. The last two, on the other hand, couldn't get a hold of her; one tried to grab her, only to get pushed away easily. Still, she had taken a lot of stabs already, and was in bad shape...

As the two kept fighting, they suddenly heard a scream of terror; two of the creatures had left the fight to reach for the still injured John. Despite his weak attempt at struggling, they grabbed him and proceeded to drag him between the shadows of the junkyard.

The Darkspawns pursued their assault, making up for their small size and weak bodies with numbers. Four of them tried to hit Levina once again, only to constantly miss the insanely fast Princess. Mary, unfortunately, wasn't doing so good; she already was injured, and one of them miraculously managed to hit her - though not without the three approaching getting slammed by a swing of her bat. The last two, on the other hand, couldn't get a hold of her; one tried to grab her, only to get pushed away easily. Still, she had taken a lot of stabs already, and was in bad shape...

As the two kept fighting, they suddenly heard a scream of terror; two of the creatures had left the fight to reach for the still injured John. Despite his weak attempt at struggling, they grabbed him and proceeded to drag him between the shadows of the junkyard.
Mary's vision pulsed red with rage, pain, but most of all..hunger. She let loose a primal scream as she slammed her trusty bat into the body of one of the monstrous things, the impact responding with shattering bones, crushed flesh. It was music to her ears, and she was grinning with all of her face.

All Levi had to do while she watched her probably would be rapist get dragged off was just step a half inch to the side, as it turned out, these creatures were really stupid when it came to fighting, and one of them even made a fatal mistake of trying to impale her hand, as though she wasn't well aware of the dangers her hand faced, and as such she went ahead and grabbed that tongue for its troubles.

From there she swung it around and brought it down, impaling it on a fence post.

The Darkspawns started hesitating. Lickermen, as this variety was called, were cruel, but cowardly; they usually only attacked when they knew they were most likely to win - namely when their victims were innocent bystanders, or when they had the strength of number. But their number was withering, and the Noble and her female friend proved tougher than they had expected. Beside, their brothers had already managed to grab a lunch. It was time for a retreat. Stepping back, they tried running toward the various spaces between the broken cars in an attempt to escape their opponents.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back