Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The Darkspawns started hesitating. Lickermen, as this variety was called, were cruel, but cowardly; they usually only attacked when they knew they were most likely to win - namely when their victims were innocent bystanders, or when they had the strength of number. But their number was withering, and the Noble and her female friend proved tougher than they had expected. Beside, their brothers had already managed to grab a lunch. It was time for a retreat. Stepping back, they tried running toward the various spaces between the broken cars in an attempt to escape their opponents.
Mary wasn't having any of this running away bullshit. She focused, finding the pathway from here to her dominion. Her stride changed,Mary buried away. There was only hunger, only ruin. The surroundings changed as well, a rumbling sound with booms as the ground shook. It was even more run down here, a wasteland.

Levi wasn't really prepared for today. She doubted that anyone was, first off now everything looked somehow even more shitty, kind of like the place was a bombed out wartorn area instead of just the normal wartorn area, and there was a giant rock monster that looked like it was made out of road that she was NOT going to let go unpunched, but, business was business as she made a running jump after one of the darkspawns and as she landed on top of it ripped its jaw off of its head and stabbed it in the brain with the broken off piece of what was definitely now its corpse.

Annabella couldn't help but show interest in the teenagers that walked when the word 'naked' was said. Part of her wanted to go and ask them more about it, and perhaps get them to stop being angry. But getting candy and helping out with secret stuff was more important. Perhaps she would be more interested if one of the boy's had gotten naked instead. She had been wanting to see what it would be like to date a boy.

"That sounds like good secret stuff to do." Annie said once Dusk had finished explaining "I'll activate my sonic speed to get the candy quickly" Show and Adopt day wouldn't be over until much later so she would have to do some sneaking. She did think about putting the candy though the letterbox but she got into trouble with she did that last time. Plus she would have to go and get her metal bat. Annie called the bat her 'happy stick' as she covered it with stickers of rainbows, smiling faces and puppies!

Annabella ran out of the concealed place with her arms stretched out like an aeroplane. The girl went to fill out her budget on candy, carrying it in her arms she went to the back of the orphanage. She had to sneak in and out quite a few times, so she knew the back way in.
Even with her hands full of candy, she tiptoed her way around.

She deposited the candy on Miss Walker's desk, along with a note that said 'Really sorry, I gott buzness to do. Be bake soon" The girl then went to her bedroom. With some effort she lifted up her bed's mattress. There was her happy stick, she took the bat and stuck it down the back of her sweater, the handle poking up at the back. Annie turned to go, but remembered her important thing.

She went to her drawer under her desk and under the pile of clothes.
Her precious object stared back at her.
SIQXnym.png

The other nobles called it a boring name... phy-something. She called it her precious thing.
It looked like a sticker, but it had a safety pin on the back and pinned onto her sweater. It was puffy like a puffy sticker, but it shined when light fell on it at just the right angle.

Going to the mirror Annie pinned her precious on her and went off. Her destination, the Chinese Theater.

The Lickermen were now panicking. Their attempt at retreat had been a failure; as soon as they had started running away, the landscape had started changing, turning into something... unfamiliar. The girl with the bat had turned into some strange rock creature, and now earth was shaking as they desperately tried to run away. The first two managed to jump between the cars and falling rocks; the others were less lucky; two of them slipped under the shaking earth and were crushed under falling debrits, while the last one was caught by the Noble, who gruesomely achieved it before it could escape, ripping off its jaw to stab him with it. Desperate, the last two kept running, hoping to join with their brothers and outrun these opponents...

Last edited:
Anabel thinks for a moment. "Trash Tigers. Suspected of multiple violent crimes, including armed robbery, murder, and rape. Noble operations against them have met with limited success. We'll see what we can do. I could use contact information on this Dusk Vespertine and dossiers on any further allies you have in mind, if they're available."

Heather smiled. "I see you made your research, as usual. Didn't expect any less from you. I already contacted Dusk a few minutes before you arrived; she should be these soon if you want to meet her. She is an Onceborn, a Grace of Brass who works as a guitarist and other small jobs in Downtown. A bit loud and very blunt, but the best psychologist I know. And nobody swings a guitar like she does."

"You mean plays a guitar?" Eugene asked.

"Yeah, that too. But I did mean swing, like a bat. She uses it to hit Darkspawns on the head."

Ai chuckled, but Eugene still seemed concerned.

"You didn't mention she was an Ardent," he insisted. "Please tell me she's not the type who... hem... you know..."

Heather laughed as well. "You mean the type who goes in the nude? Gosh, no wonder you became a priest if that embarrasses you! Nah, her Regalia does show a bit more than average, but not enough to look... 'indecent'. So don't worry about it."

She then returned to Anabel. "Anyway, Dusk also is very fluid in the Royal Tongue, if that's of any help. And she... had contact with Beasts before, but I cannot elaborate further on this without revealing personal informations about her, so you'll have to ask her in person if you want to know more on that point. I think that covers everything."

"As for potential allies," Ai continued, "I do have one suggestion. There are stories in the Slums about a girl with silver-and-gold hair and lightning powers who actively hunts the Trash Tigers. She isn't one of my agents, so I have very little informations on her, but she is almost certainly a Noble, if a recently Blossomed one. Very likely a Champion, given her impressive fighting prowesses. She seems to have personal grudge against the Tiger, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to recruit her."

"Elder Begotten Dennis Machiel also mentioned he was planning to send someone on his side to help," Eugene continued. "Someone named Ernest Slender. We do not have much informations on him, but he described him as a skilled infiltrator and brillant mastermind. He will be given informations to join you soon."

"We trust you can find other allies of your own," Ai continued. "After all, you already were able to find this young lady here," she added, pointing at Sarah.

As they were talking, someone came to announce them a young woman had just arrived.

"Ah, that must be Dusk," Heather said. "Looks like you'll finally get to meet her..."

Last edited:
Annabella panted as she was outside the Chinese theatre. She had run the entire way and her face was red. The back of her head was sore as the handle of her happy stuck kept hitting her. Taking a deep gasp of air she wondered if there was a thing that swords went, that was made for bats instead of swords, into that she could get that she could strap to her back.

After a while the girl caught her breath. She strolled to the ticket kiosk. The man inside of it had been watching her for a while.

"Hiii" Annie stretched out the hi as she stood on tiptoes so her eyes where on level with the glass. She stood as close as possible. "I've been told to meet here to do some secret stuff"

The man raised an eyebrow "Secret... stuff?" He said in a curious tone "How old are you?"

"Does age really matter?" Annabella smiled, trying to dodge the question. "We are all as old as we want to be." There was a long pause as either people said anything "Ok, I'm 14. But I am just 10 months away from my birthday!"

The man sighed "Well, there is no 'secret meeting' here, so how about you just run ho...." As he said this he turned around in his chair and his eyes fixed on a handwritten note. There was a pause as he studied what was written on it. Annabella noticed this.

"Ooh! What does that say. Is it a list with my name on it?" She jumped up and down, trying to get a better view.

"Who sent you?" The man turned around to face Annie.

"A person named.... Dusk Vespertine" The girl replied "She spoke funny!" The very moment the man took out his phone, an old flip phone, and had a conversation with the person on the other end. Try as she might, she couldn't follow as the man was speaking in Chinese.

The nodded and closed the phone. "It appears that you are expected." A card was pushed through the ticket hole. Annie took it "Have a nice day."

Annie smiled "Thanks!"

The card told her to wait in a specific spot in the theatre until someone picked her up and took her to the secret meeting place. "La la la." Annabella sung to herself. Eventually a young woman in a Chinese dress showed up. "I will take you to your meeting." And guided her to the meeting. No matter how many times Annie tried to strike up a conversation with her, she didn't reply.

Eventually they got to a door. The woman opened the door and announced that young woman had just arrived. Annie felt a little flattered that she was called a young woman and skipped into the room. But not before she heard

"Ah, that must be Dusk.Looks like you'll finally get to meet her..."

This must be corrected! "I'm not Dusk." Annie blinked as she realised who she said it to. She saw the priest, the rich girl and the actress. She hadn't met these people before, but the other girls spoke of them. These were the top secret people, the rich girl could make/buy her an iphone. She needed to make a good first impression!

"But don't fear!" Annabella stuck her tongue out and pointed to the priest "I am here! Me! Annabella Ryder! A trouba.... trou.... Trouble of Spades!" She swayed her hips from side to side as she did a little dance. "Here to turn all frowns upside down! Here to make sadness become gladness, here to make the bad people go away." Annie span around and was about to actervate her transformation when she remember that this was a secret meeting. Instead she moved closer "Now, where are the bad guys?"

Everyone was visibly surprised by Annabella's entry; even before she introduced herself, they had no difficulty figuring out she wasn't the expected person. However, they couldn't help but smile at her enthousiasm and joy; even Eugene appeared to find it charming.

"Well," Ai commented, "Your friend didn't waste any time. She already is sending us volunteers, it seems."

"I'm sorry I have to sound like the pessimistic one again," Eugene commented, "but... are we sure we want to send this one against the Trash Tigers? I mean... she is young."

"Hey, age means nothing in our careers," Heather answered. "Most of us start young anyway, and the Beast kid Anabel brought is even younger than she is. Heck, I was about her age when I started!"

"And look how well that turned out", Ai joked with an ironic smile.

"Very funny. But seriously, we shouldn't underestimate her! Tell me, sweetheart," she added at Annie's adress, "do you think you can take on some nasty gangbangers?"

Eugene, meanwhile, turned to Anabel Smith and Sarah. "What about you? Do you think she would be fitted for this mission?"

Last edited:
Levi wasn't really prepared for today. She doubted that anyone was, first off now everything looked somehow even more shitty, kind of like the place was a bombed out wartorn area instead of just the normal wartorn area, and there was a giant rock monster that looked like it was made out of road that she was NOT going to let go unpunched, but, business was business as she made a running jump after one of the darkspawns and as she landed on top of it ripped its jaw off of its head and stabbed it in the brain with the broken off piece of what was definitely now its corpse.
The beast's rumbling footsteps carried it forward, melding with the sounds of the ground shaking. One of the pathetic meat things was prone, and one of the titan's arms, the one that held onto the bat, surged downward, crushing it to shatter bone and fleshy pulp. There was a satisfied sort of rumble from the being at that, but it was already looking for more things to break.

Anabel thought for a moment, "She seems energetic. With her style of engagement I'm concerned she might give herself away and become a target too soon." She turns to the girl, "The Trash Tigers are dangerous. What are your experiences in matters like this, Slick?"

Last edited:
“Gangbangers....” Annie muttered “..oh! You mean people in gangs. We get told over and over again in the orphanage not to join gangs and how it’s bad and how you will die alone on the street and unloved”

Annabella blinked as the caught herself rambling. Instead of answering she took out the bat “This is my happy stick!” She swung it about. “I call it my happy stick because when I hit people with it, they see stars and the stars will make them happy. If they don’t then I’ll keep hitting them until they see enough stars to become happy!”

“I also can sneak and hide.” Annie continued breathlessly “Just wait in the shadows then WHAM!” The bat was swung again “Happy stick!”

“Well” A shadow also came across Annie’s feature “I don’t like to do it, but I can also tell were bad places are.” There was a pause as she looked at her audience “tainted areas, and bad peoples go to bad places!”

Last edited:
The three elder Nobles kept watching in amusement as Annie made her demonstration. They couldn't help but admire her enthousiasm and cheerfulness.

"You fight with a mundane weapon?" Heather noticed. "That's... an unorthodox choice."

"I like it," Ai commented. "And she clearly knows how to use her small size to her advantage."

When she mentioned her ability to sense "bad places", however, they all suddenly appeared a bit shock.

"You are... Taint Aware?" Ai asked.

The two female elders turned toward Eugene, who was now looking at the young girl. He was Taint Aware as well - in fact, this was what had motivated him into taking the Cathedrale back in the first place. Despite the usefulness of such a gift, he knew how bad it felt when you could sense the Darkness' corruption expanding nearby, or the horrifying Darkspawns leaving or entering the Dark World. The priest now felt bad for doubting her; clearly the girl was aware of how cruel life could be in this town. The fact she had managed to remain so cheerful despite this proved her dedication.

"You have my sympathy, Annie," Eugene eventually said as kindly as he could. "And I was wrong. I see you are fitted to help in this mission after all."

"What about you?" Heather asked Anabel. "Are you convinced?"

Anabel nodded, "Worth a shot." Anabel extends a hand out to the young girl. "There's a place on the team, if you want it. I'm Anabel Smith." She gestures to the other girl, "And this is Sarah."

Annabella lifted up her head as the priest head secret person said that she could go. "Thank you." She smiled. The man's words met a lot to her. When Anabel Smith extended her hand and introduced herself, she could only blink numbly. It only lasted for a second and then she was back to her normal self.

"Pleased to meet you Anabel" She grabbed the offered hand with both her hands and shook violently. "Our first names are so similar. You can call me Annie to avoid any confusions" She let go "I'll let you call me Annie anyways, we are working together to beat the bad guys and stop bad things from happening."

Annabella's gaze fell across Sarah. Her smile widened. "Your cute" Annie's hand moved to pat Sarah on the head.

When Anabel introduced her, Sarah raised one arm straight up and started waving from the elbow, much more energetically than the situation warranted, “Hello!”. Then when introductions where over and Annie moved to pet her, she watched the incoming hand with an air of 'really?' but didn't object.

She also totally didn't tilt her head slightly forward to make it easier.

Or nuzzle into the hand when she was actually being petted.

And she absolutely didn't make a happy noise.

Nope. None of those things happened. She would swear it to her dying day.

Levi was, while all of the much more happy moments were happening unbeknownst to her, hunting down the last of the two darkspawn that she needed to go ahead and just kill. She thought she saw hints of blood in a faint trail from the guy they were dragging along, and now that she was starting to slow down she noticed just how much getting stabbed in her shoulder fucking stung. She sighed as she realized she only had enough liquor to give it a battlefield sterilization and to set the corpses of the darkspawn on fire before she would have to go back to base as it were. Then she figured she probably didn't want to eat a bullet for a few days until that healed up, and all of this was just compiling on complications she should have been able to avoid as she kept on looking for where the trail led to, under a car she figured, the things seemed to be able to squeeze into tight spaces like that.

Annabella's didn't think her smile could get any wider, but it did. "Your so cute, if I had a little sister. She would be as cute as you. Perhaps after we beat the bad guys. We can pretend to be sisters and do fun stuff." She gave that head one last pat.
"What sort of stuff do you like? I like eating candy and playing laser tag. Preferably both at the same time!"

It didn't take too much time for Levi to find what she was looking for. John was the first she reached; he was dead by then, his body crushed below the debris caused by this sudden earthquake. She found a Darkspawn not far from the corpse, severely injured, but still alive. As she approached, the thing shrieked menacingly at her. But as she was about to move to take her kill, she noticed, on the corner of her eye, the other Lickerman emerging from below John's body, trying to attack her from behind. It took her very little effort to dodge its clumsy, desperate attack.

Last edited:
Levi was glad she finally found these things, something to finish off the day on a high note, especially as one jumped right at her in a clumsy kind of way, it took basically no effort for her to side step, and as the thing was approaching her, her hand exploded into electricity, probably enough to stun or even kill a grown man if applied right, and she shot her arm right into the beast, shattering bone and rending lung as she claimed her prize, she stole its heart from its body, still animated when she kicked the soon to be corpse onto the ground by the lightning coursing through it, though its rhythm was all thrown off by the fact that it was lightning and not a steady current.

Levi was glad she finally found these things, something to finish off the day on a high note, especially as one jumped right at her in a clumsy kind of way, it took basically no effort for her to side step, and as the thing was approaching her, her hand exploded into electricity, probably enough to stun or even kill a grown man if applied right, and she shot her arm right into the beast, shattering bone and rending lung as she claimed her prize, she stole its heart from its body, still animated when she kicked the soon to be corpse onto the ground by the lightning coursing through it, though its rhythm was all thrown off by the fact that it was lightning and not a steady current.
The giant stomped behind the noble, rearing back a stony fist, still clasping that metal bat. It slammed down on the final foe, leaving behind little but pulp, and little bone shards. With that, the feelings of feeding began to waft into the colossus. It was like a warm bath, a good meal, and a runner's high, all twisted with pure sadism, she hurt, broke, destroyed, and for that, she felt whole. Mary felt her mind shift as the lair faded, and with it, the pressure of her horror. Still, she felt..content, more than that, she felt like taking a victory nap. The hunger was gone replaced with a feeling of sloth in her head, the bleed over of her partner.

As the world collapsed back to normal, Levi went ahead and turned back into a mundane person. "Well, it looks like you were holding back a good deal more than I would have imagined. And now it's not like I can just leave having seen what you're capable of. That said, while I can guess you're kind of out of it from that fight, I'm more than willing to just go at it with no supernatural powers, and I don't exactly think I could take no for an answer."

As she talked she got down into a defensive stand, she wasn't sure if she was going to come at her with a bat or a fist, so she made sure she just focused on her soon to be opponent.

As the world collapsed back to normal, Levi went ahead and turned back into a mundane person. "Well, it looks like you were holding back a good deal more than I would have imagined. And now it's not like I can just leave having seen what you're capable of. That said, while I can guess you're kind of out of it from that fight, I'm more than willing to just go at it with no supernatural powers, and I don't exactly think I could take no for an answer."

As she talked she got down into a defensive stand, she wasn't sure if she was going to come at her with a bat or a fist, so she made sure she just focused on her soon to be opponent.
Mary tossed aside the bat, not willing to use such a lethal implement in a spar. She got into a stance of her own, more familiar with that bat then her fists, but no exactly lacking practice in hand to hand combat. Her stance was looser, less focused. She repressed a small voice that said to just let the noble win the bout and spoke.
"Alright, let's do this then."

Levi took off like a streak of lighting even in her mundane form and gave a nice upper cut right to the right side of Mary's face where she was the least defended, and she could feel she was going to definitely want to take a nap from this if she hadn't already been tired, but it would just be a bruise and maybe a welt at the worst.

Levi took off like a streak of lighting even in her mundane form and gave a nice upper cut right to the right side of Mary's face where she was the least defended, and she could feel she was going to definitely want to take a nap from this if she hadn't already been tired, but it would just be a bruise and maybe a welt at the worst.
Mary took the hit like a champ and began to trade blows. She got a couple lucky licks in, but as the fight drew on, it was clear that they were just that, lucky. Her opponent began to dance rings around her, blows coming down like rain. It took time, of course, moments ticked by. But eventually, Mary took her stance..wavered, and fell. She welcomed the rest, honestly.

When Mary hit the ground, Levi took one look around, decided this was not a good place for anyone to be passed out unless they could get out of some fucko's basement and made sure she had the gun she kicked away from John ready with the safety on and using proper discipline with it as she picked up Mary and walked more slowly than normal back to where the
Thunder Fist HQ was. Honestly she kind of felt good about the whole thing, from there she laid her on the couch she normally sat on and just kind of leaned against the wall instead while she got her stab wound dealt with.

Dusk was a little behind the younger Noble getting to the Chinese Theater, because she had chosen to walk there instead of run. And so she arrived in the meeting room, barely waiting for the helper to finish announcing her before she leaned into the room from outside the door before saying, "I could hear the building crumbling under the sheer force of your ego. I guess you really are here, Heather." She then walked into the room and gave Heather an endlessly satisfied smirk, enjoying the start of the familiar verbal exchange they shared. "You need to meet in places more like your office where you can put it out in outer space."

"Oh, hey, Dusk," Heather said in a completely natural tone. "Don't worry about that, I'm currently working on a new building big enough to hold it. Nice to see you again."

Ai and Eugene watched the scene with utter disbelief. This was the first time they heard anyone talk to Heather like that without getting called out for it. Even Ai, who liked to tease her every now and then, usually was a bit more subtle and would get more reaction.

"Ladies," the Princess of Mirrors continued, "let me introduce you all to Dusk Vespertine, the other person I talked about. Dusk, you probably remember me mentioning Eugene and Ai. These young women are Anabel Smith and Sarah Downer, and I trust you already know Annabella Ryder, seeing how she was sent by you. As we were establishing, the three of them will be part of your teammates for this visit to the Trash Tigers."

Anabel stayed pat during Annie's headpatting, and nodded at the smaller girl's suggestion of "Annie", "Sounds good."

When Dusk entered, Anabel turned to her, "Dusk Vespertine." She extended a hand out, "I'm Anabel Smith. Good to meet you."

Annabella's didn't think her smile could get any wider, but it did. "Your so cute, if I had a little sister. She would be as cute as you. Perhaps after we beat the bad guys. We can pretend to be sisters and do fun stuff." She gave that head one last pat.

"What sort of stuff do you like? I like eating candy and playing laser tag. Preferably both at the same time!"

“Well! We are already cousins!” Sarah pointed out agreeably. “I'd love to do fun things with you!”

At the question she paused, putting a finger to her lips in thought, “I'm not old enough to play laser tag...” she admitted with a pout, “It looks like fun though... all those people in a dark maze...” she added with a slightly dreamy sigh.

The little Beast grinned from ear to ear as she brought both fists up to her chest in excitement and answered Annie's question with glee; “I like getting in vans with people who promise me candy and then killing them when they try to touch me instead!”

Sarah's exclamation petered out as she took in the reactions of the room, blinked, “What?”

Then her eyes slowly slid sideways to the three older Nobles, “Or... letting them go with 'a minimum amount of harm'....” she added with complete and unquestionable innocence.

Annabella stared at Sarah when she said the word cousin. Every single world said after that went over Annie’s head.

“Cousins. I have a Cousin?” Annie let out the most high pitched squeal she could muster. “I have a family!” She rushed forward to glomb Sarah. Regardless if the action succeeded in enveloping the younger girl Annie started babbling nonetheless. “Family! I have family. What was my mother, I guess that’s your aunt, like? Why did my mommy abandon me when I was a baby? Do we have a creepy uncle? What’s your mom like?Whydidn’tyoutrytofindme.Isyoursideofthefamilyloaded?Doyoucomefrommymothersorfatherssideofthefamily?“

Annabella stared at Sarah when she said the word cousin. Every single world said after that went over Annie’s head.

“Cousins. I have a Cousin?” Annie let out the most high pitched squeal she could muster. “I have a family!” She rushed forward to glomb Sarah. Regardless if the action succeeded in enveloping the younger girl Annie started babbling nonetheless. “Family! I have family. What was my mother, I guess that’s your aunt, like? Why did my mommy abandon me when I was a baby? Do we have a creepy uncle? What’s your mom like?Whydidn’tyoutrytofindme.Isyoursideofthefamilyloaded?Doyoucomefrommymothersorfatherssideofthefamily?“
Sarah raised her finger with an air of education about her, “We are all family Annie.” she replied with unusual (for her) seriousness. “Nobles, Beasts, the other creatures that go bump in the night. We all share a common ancestor, and that means we are all family. For me, other Beasts are my brothers and sisters, and others... like you Nobles, are our cousins.”

She dropped the finger and half-shrugged, “Mind you, the apple seems to have fallen far from the tree in your case... But odd cousins are still cousins!” Sarah declared, throwing her hands in the air....

And then she hugged Anne. Because family is important.

Dusk shook Anabel's hand, with a polite smile. "Nice to meet you too," she said, before spending several moments in silence as she swept here eyes back and forth over all the people in the room. Heather was in supercharged ego mode, as usual, Ai had something to hide, which actually interested Dusk, and she couldn't quite get a read on Sarah just yet. Seems like she wouldn't have as much to deal with in the near future as she expected.

"Yes, and they seem friendly enough," Anabel replied, referring to Sarah and Annie. "We should discuss tactics before we head out, figure out how the four of us can take this gang on in case we can't find the fifth person Miss Anthon mentioned."

“Wait.” Annie was confused “Beast and nobles are cousins but...” The gears turned in her head, albeit slowly “We are not really cousins?” The girl broke the hug “You didn’t know my mother?”

Annabella scratched her head and turned around 360 degrees. Mentally rewinding the conversation “You said you like doing bad things...”

Then like a lightbulb going off, realisation hit her “Oh yea, beasts! The other girls mentioned them. They are like Freddy Krueger.” She looked at Sarah again, examining her like she was a object “Since you guys are like horror movie bad guys. So I guess that since you are the cutest on the outside, your are the evilest beast on the inside.”

Then another flash of inspiration came to her “I think I am going to call you guys Freddy Krueger’s. It sounds much better then beasts.” Annabella looked up “So we got three secret people and one Freddy Krueger right?”

Last edited:
The three elder Nobles had look at this entire interaction in silence, each with their own expression. Eugene, with stoic concern, analyzing if this would-be team would get along together or rip each other apart, in particular regarding this young Beast who visibly was rather unapologetic about hurting people; Ai with devious amusement, especially regarding the exchange between Annie and Sarah. And Heather with palpable pride, as she visibly felt like most of this group was her initiative.

"Actually," Ai answered at Annie's question after sipping her tea, "Not all of you are there yet. We already mentioned a potential ally you might find in the Slums before you arrived. And at least one more Begotten will probably be joining you later. But for now, yes, this is indeed what your group consists in. As we were explaining before you arrived, your task will be to go to the Slums, investigate on a gang known as the Trash Tigers, and preferrably take them out of commission. You have carte blanche on the method you wish to use - as long as innocents don't get hurt, obviously. We will try helping you as much as we can, but I fear that won't be much; our own resources are strained due to conflicts with the Darkspawns and the Tong."

Once again, Heather pressed a button on her Data Wizard. "Anabel, Dusk, I just transferred to your respective phones the known location of the Tigers' headquarters, as well as all the infos we have on them. This should help you work on your tactics. I also included the last known location of the silver-haired vigilante, and the intended point of meeting with Mr Ernest Slender. Should he accept Machiel's offer, you'll be able to join him tomorrow."

"Meaning you have a day to make preparations, rest, and discuss strategy and tactics between yourselves," Eugene concluded. "May God, the Light, and... other entities be with you", he added, giving a brief slightly awkward glance toward Sarah at the latter.

“Wait.” Annie was confused “Beast and nobles are cousins but...” The gears turned in her head, albeit slowly “We are not really cousins?” The girl broke the hug “You didn’t know my mother?”

Annabella scratched her head and turned around 360 degrees. Mentally rewinding the conversation “You said you like doing bad things...”

Then like a lightbulb going off, realisation hit her “Oh yea, beasts! The other girls mentioned them. They are like Freddy Krueger.” She looked at Sarah again, examining her like she was a object “Since you guys are like horror movie bad guys. So I guess that since you are the cutest on the outside, your are the evilest beast on the inside.”

Then another flash of inspiration came to her “I think I am going to call you guys Freddy Krueger’s. It sounds much better then beasts.” Annabella looked up “So we got three secret people and one Freddy Krueger right?”
Sarah tilted her head to the side, blonde hair falling over her shoulder as she did so, "Whos Freddy Krueger?" she asked obliviously. Then her mouth dropped open, a affronted sound escaping her, "I'm not evil!" she protested, loudly, "I'm differently moral!" she declared, crossing her arms in a huff.

And sulking.

“Yes, other entities, like the Force, or the Heart of the Cards, Zhoul, Mothra, plenty of options!” After that, Dusk decides to stop poking fun at the priest and check her phone to see the location show up in a message.

“Alright, thank you all for the information. We’ll be sure to investigate soon. Is there anything else we should know?”

Upon hearing Dusk's answer, Eugene sighted while shaking his head, Ai chuckled, and Heather half-faked indignation.

"What is this, Dusk, you're snarking at other people than me, now?" she asked. "Are you trying to make me jealous? How dare you! I thought you were my friend!"

She then smiled. "But more seriously, no, I think that covers everything. We'll text you any other news you might need. You can go and have your fun little adventure. Meanwhile Eugene will return to take care of his cathedrale, Ai will take care of the Tong, and I will go back to proving my parents they should have acknowledged my genius from the start."

Dusk puts one hand over heart and the back of the other on her head on mock melodrama, while doing an actually halfway decent Cockney British accent.

“Oh, but Lady Anthon, after the estate was closed and we went our separate ways, I could not live without the snark! I had to find another! Wherest doth the withered tree over yonder—“

Dusk, unable to hold in the humor long enough to finish her sentence, fell into laughter before she could finish her impersonation of Downton Abbey (with some creative liberties) that devolved into Shakespeare run through a wood chipper.

"As much as I enjoy seeing you all playing a comedy at home for me," Ai declared, still with her fox-like smile, "I really think you should get going. You have quite a lot to do tomorrow, and Miss Downer might want to... satisfy her appetite before this."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back