Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
To be fair, the "new Warhammer RPG system" is supposedly set something like 150 years in the past, in the Old World. To me, that's an alternate setting, and doesn't need a new and different rules system -- but that's just me. Apparently it's not going to be WFRP 4e-driven. But hey, they support Imperium Maledictum and Wrath and Glory at the same time. They have Age of Sigmar and WFRP 4e at the same time. If those are all perking along then a businessman is gonna say, "Do it again, duh!"

To be fair, the "new Warhammer RPG system" is supposedly set something like 150 years in the past, in the Old World. To me, that's an alternate setting, and doesn't need a new and different rules system -- but that's just me. Apparently it's not going to be WFRP 4e-driven. But hey, they support Imperium Maledictum and Wrath and Glory at the same time. They have Age of Sigmar and WFRP 4e at the same time. If those are all perking along then a businessman is gonna say, "Do it again, duh!"
Then again, Imperium Maledictum is still new. It's clearly been a success, but it's too early to say if it and W&G are going to continue to live happily side-by-side. I don't think the bundle is any indication they are dumping 4E though. They still have a lot in the pipeline.

Given that IM is a streamlined version of the WFRP 4E rules, it would have made sense to use TOW as an opportunity to do revised 4E. The sting of having to buy a revised edition would be offset by having a different era of the setting to go along with it.

I suspect that TOW is going to be built for higher-powered starting characters then WFRP, but 4E scales up a lot more effectively than earlier editions. Alternate character generation rules could have accommodated a higher baseline of power.

But since they are going with something new, I hope if does something distinctly different. As it is set during an era of internal conflict in the Empire, it would be cool to have a Warhammer RPG with some combination of domain management and warfare. Given that a lot of the renewed popularity of the setting comes from Total War, it would make sense to appeal to that crowd.

The Swyvers Quickstart from Melsonian Arts Council is only 78p on Drivethru! Absolute bargain, especially as they'll upgrade it to the full rulebook on release.

Only skimmed so far but I like it a lot. Very funny in places, but doesn't have the full on gonzo feel that put me off Troika. Also, lots of random tables.

Humble Bundle - Best of Magpie Games

$35 for the following:

Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game
Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Starter Set - Physical (shipping not included) and Digital
An Urgent Request
Wan Shi Tong's Adventure Guide

Root: The Roleplaying Game
Root the RPG: Core Rulebook
Root the RPG: Travelers & Outsiders
Root the RPG: Clearing Booklet
Root: The Roleplaying Game Map Collection

Bluebeard's Bride
Bluebeard's Bride
Book of Rooms
Book of Mirrors
Book of Lore

Masks: A New Generation
Secrets of A.E.G.I.S.
Unbound
Halcyon City Herald Collection

Fate Core
Fate Codex Volume 1 Anthology
Fate Codex Anthology Volume 2
Fate Codex Anthology Volume 3

Others
Cartel
Epyllion
Undying
The Ward: Acute Care Edition
Pasión de las Pasiones
Passing - Ashcan Edition
Crossroads Carnival: One Night Only Edition
The Play's The Thing
By No Means Vulgar
Our Last Best Hope

Humble Bundle - Best of Magpie Games

$35 for the following:

Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game
Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Starter Set - Physical (shipping not included) and Digital
An Urgent Request
Wan Shi Tong's Adventure Guide

Root: The Roleplaying Game
Root the RPG: Core Rulebook
Root the RPG: Travelers & Outsiders
Root the RPG: Clearing Booklet
Root: The Roleplaying Game Map Collection

Bluebeard's Bride
Bluebeard's Bride
Book of Rooms
Book of Mirrors
Book of Lore

Secrets of A.E.G.I.S.
Unbound
Halcyon City Herald Collection

Fate Core
Fate Codex Volume 1 Anthology
Fate Codex Anthology Volume 2
Fate Codex Anthology Volume 3

Others
Cartel
Epyllion
Undying
The Ward: Acute Care Edition
Pasión de las Pasiones
Passing - Ashcan Edition
Crossroads Carnival: One Night Only Edition
The Play's The Thing
By No Means Vulgar
Our Last Best Hope

I don't need any more games...

Modiphius seems to be selling all their Space 1889 titles for $1.29 (I assume really 1 pound sterling). The problem is that this only seems to apply to their Great Britain site and only to physical copies. Still, it's almost a good enough deal to make me consider it, even with the high cost of shipping these days.

Modiphius seems to be selling all their Space 1889 titles for $1.29 (I assume really 1 pound sterling). The problem is that this only seems to apply to their Great Britain site and only to physical copies. Still, it's almost a good enough deal to make me consider it, even with the high cost of shipping these days.
I put them all in my cart and estimated ship to Seattle and the total for 7 books is $38.

I put them all in my cart and estimated ship to Seattle and the total for 7 books is $38.
Definitely worth it for that price.

Edit: Just snagged all they had on their UK website and you do get the pdfs too. Bonus! Lofgeornost Lofgeornost For $1.29 each plus pdf it was a steal.

Last edited:
Free League Alien Day 50% Sale
The ALIEN Day Sale Offers 50% OFF on:
ALIEN RPG Core Game
ALIEN RPG Starter Set
Destroyer of Worlds
Heart of Darkness
Colonial Marines Operation Manual
Stress Dice
Base Dice
GM Screen
Foundry VTT modules

Hyperborea is having a sale thru May 1st. Use the coupon MAYEVE2024. It stacks with items already on sale.

Hyperborea is having a sale thru May 1st. Use the coupon MAYEVE2024. It stacks with items already on sale.

Getting unsafe warnings from the link, Fyi.

1714537786144.png

LOL!

"Look, here's a screenshot warning not to click this link."

Three people immediately click the link...

LOL!

"Look, here's a screenshot warning not to click this link."

Three people immediately click the link...
Not actually- I'd clicked the link before, and Gringr posted the link. And I'm not even sure who the third person is...

I don't get it either- is that a warning from Edge or maybe your antivirus?
Microsoft Defender was giving the warning. It could be simply that they've not updated something on their website and Microsoft Defender is being sensitive. Or some link on the page was setting it off.

Also the .tv domain name has a "meh" history on the internet.

1714593244323.png

Elephant and Macau RPG is still on a sale for $6,99 in PDF on Indie Press Revolution, just so you know:thumbsup:!

I quite like it, especially because the author informs you in no incertain terms what he believes in, and how that informed the design of the game (i.e. there are no attributes, just skills:grin:).

While I don't agree with him, it's refreshing to read, and I applaud the move.
Of course, that might be a turn-off for some. But honestly, how long would it take you to create some attributes for your games, guys:tongue:?

I've got the game, a supplement, and it is in the running for the "(After) Next Campaign" slot, which is more than 99% of RPGs can claim...:shade:

Microsoft Defender was giving the warning. It could be simply that they've not updated something on their website and Microsoft Defender is being sensitive. Or some link on the page was setting it off.

Also the .tv domain name has a "meh" history on the internet.

View attachment 81621
That doesn’t really have anything to do with the TLD though. Anyone can buy a domain with almost any TLD they want.

I quite like it, especially because the author informs you in no incertain terms what he believes in, and how that informed the design of the game (i.e. there are no attributes, just skills:grin:).

While I don't agree with him, it's refreshing to read, and I applaud the move.
Of course, that might be a turn-off for some. But honestly, how long would it take you to create some attributes for your games, guys:tongue:?
Other than the author’s note did I miss something?

I’m curious what you disagree with, just the skills only and no attributes? Feels like I’m missing something here.

Other than the author’s note did I miss something?

I’m curious what you disagree with, just the skills only and no attributes? Feels like I’m missing something here.
Sorry, I didn't see this post:thumbsup:.

The part I disagree with is the real-life basis of the statement that attributes don't exist and only skill matters. That's definitely not my experience...:tongue:

OTOH, I agree that skill can be increased in everyone. It's just that some people start off at a higher level, learn faster, and the same effort nets them higher results. Usually those are the same people...and I'm not even getting into "hitting a plateau based on attributes":shade:.

So, while I fully agree that basically anyone* can develop basically any skill, attributes definitely exist IME.

OTOH, not every system supports readily different starting skills and/or different speed of improvement. Mythras kinda does that, but not quite. If it had you gaining more or less from a lesson based on the linked attributes, it would be:gooselove:.

So for a lightweight game like E&MB RPG, the abstraction kinda works! So I'm not saying it's a bad game for it. In fact, I'd be quite curious to see how it behaves in play..:grin:

That's about it, really.

*Special cases with physiology not accounted for as part of this statement::honkhonk:.

AsenRG AsenRG gotcha and 100% on the same page with you.

The way EaMB streamlined attributes as skills is kind of a neat change from purely a game design angle, but I like defining what is inherit about the character vs what is trained.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back