Future State (DC Heroes; play-by-post; 1+ players)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
D801248B-C6E6-490C-8E4E-6AA516F6C234.jpeg

I’m itching to get back into running a play-by-post game using DC Heroes since I haven’t tried it in about ten years. Looking for one or more players. I’m putting it out there to see if anyone might be interested. It would be set in Batman Beyond DCAU continuity, which is set in the future of 2050.

I would use the third edition (1993) rules and mastery of the game is not necessary. I can provide a link to the quick-start booklet from second edition as a primer if anyone does not know the rules. I'm looking for DC fans who enjoy a good adventure. Potential players and I will brainstorm subplots which their characters might partake in instead of the usual character creation process. I run play-by-post games fairly quickly and tend to ask players to post as often as possible, and promote character interaction between players. Anyone interested can send me a PM or post here.

330AFBDC-E56A-4391-AA2E-637C8AE39325.jpeg

I'm willing to try. I am kinda slow on PBP, mostly because of brainpower, but I have got a lot of brainpower for supers. I'll do my best. However, I've attached a document from the FB DC Heroes list, 44 Powers you won't find in DC Heroes.

Attachments

• 44 Powers that you wont find in any vesrion of MEGS.pdf
    215.2 KB · Views: 3
I'd play for sure if there's room. I think I even have the rules kicking around, although I'm not claiming any great familiarity.

I would certainly be interested, although I confess that the Batman Beyond stories represent a weak spot in my DCAU knowledge, as I only saw a few episodes back in the day for various reasons.

I’m going to just stick with what’s official for now as far as what to use powers-wise. As far as the characters go, you can play established characters, create legacy characters, or create new characters. It’s the future so there’s a lot of room. A brief timeline for DCAU future post Justice League Unlimited can be found here:

What's the target power level or points total for characters? I'm going to futz about with some character builds in order to get reacquainted with the rules.

What's the target power level or points total for characters? I'm going to futz about with some character builds in order to get reacquainted with the rules.

Also, would this be in Gotham, or somewhere else?

Is there, for lack of a better word, a theme that you would want the characters to be designed around?

Also, would this be in Gotham, or somewhere else?

Is there, for lack of a better word, a theme that you would want the characters to be designed around?
I'm hoping its set in the towering cyber Gotham of the show, but anything will be cool, I'm sure.

I’m guessing anywhere from 2,500+. I’m not really more about feel that how many points they are. I think you can look at stats of established DC characters here and use that as a guide:

I wouldn't be adverse to somewhere besides Gotham, but it's not a deal-breaker.

The whole Batman Beyond run is available to stream here, should anyone want some homework.

I would recommend the Batman Beyond episodes “Rebirth” (parts 1&2) and “The Call” (parts 1&2) and if you really want to get more, the Return of the Joker movie and “Epilogue”, which was the last Justice League Unlimited episode.

I would certainly be interested, although I confess that the Batman Beyond stories represent a weak spot in my DCAU knowledge, as I only saw a few episodes back in the day for various reasons.
If you manage to see Batman Beyond, you are in for a treat, It is very good. Bitter, old Bruce is awesome.

Love the idea! Are we building our characters, or are we doing it through subplots like you mentioned above?

I think getting a character concept first is a good idea (whether you play one of the three choices I gave above helps: established/legacy/new) . Then we can figure out what the numbers can be.

I think getting a character concept first is a good idea (whether you play one of the three choices I gave above helps: established/legacy/new) . Then we can figure out what the numbers can be.
I am thinking legacy or new, but I don't know all of Future State, just Batman Beyond. My concept was someone kidnapped and spliced in the experimental stage, though cured in the end he develops metahuman powers that allow him to take on different animal forms or animal mimicry. He mentors with Tygrus as his mentor (who is still alive) or a descendant of Tygrus if that stretched believability in Martial Arts suitable to animal abilities.

Alternately a hitherto unknown son of Beast Boy and Raven, uses a form of primal magic to mimic animals (no shapeshifting).

Alternately I wouldn't mind being a descendant of Man-Bat (just a superhuman Batform)

Or a descendant of Commander Steel.

Future State is just a name I picked because it was used by DC recently for alternate futures.

I assume there are at least fan-made implementations of the DCAU regulars somwhere...any ideas, thoughts? (Says the man who prefers to be handed a character and just run with that challenge rather than screw up everything overthinking character creation...)

Future State is just a name I picked because it was used by DC recently for alternate futures.
Alright! Cool! I'm good with that, you have three of my ideas. Another would be an android "son" of Red Tornado (the android version) and/or Mekanique made to be as "human" as possible.

I might play a magician type, but maybe more Harry Dresden than Dr. Strange, crossed with The Dude and dipped in a litte street shaman. Someone who can blast you with hellfire but do so while wearing his bunny slippers.

I wonder what the cyberpunk version of a rusty Pinto is.

I assume there are at least fan-made implementations of the DCAU regulars somwhere...any ideas, thoughts? (Says the man who prefers to be handed a character and just run with that challenge rather than screw up everything overthinking character creation...)
I provided a link above to characters from DC. The cartoon equivalents are close enough for me not to worry about it.

My main goal is to design a character that won't be impeded by my predilection for sarcasm and bon mots. Harry Dresden seemed like a good template. I plan to shout parkour! at least once when I jump over something.

My main goal is to design a character that won't be impeded by my predilection for sarcasm and bon mots. Harry Dresden seemed like a good template. I plan to shout parkour! at least once when I jump over something.
Or in true Dresden style,:"parkourius" or "parkourite" [Or whatever faux-proper ending I haven't remembered since Reagan was in office...]

I might play a magician type, but maybe more Harry Dresden than Dr. Strange, crossed with The Dude and dipped in a litte street shaman. Someone who can blast you with hellfire but do so while wearing his bunny slippers.

One wonders just how many illegitimate children John Constantine sired over the years.

Or in true Dresden style,:"parkourius" or "parkourite" [Or whatever faux-proper ending I haven't remembered since Reagan was in office...]
No, he actually shouts parkour when he's in training on the isle in one of the later books, its not a spell. :grin: I will certainly drink from the fountain of faux latin at some point though, no fear.

Reagan’s the one who inadvertently gave Booster Gold his name. Booster would be about 70 when the game takes place but could have a son or other person who takes his place using his suit.

Need a costume, this is DC after all, with homo magi, and magic-people
in awesome costumes (Dr.Fate, Zatanna)

One wonders just how many illegitimate children John Constantine sired over the years.
Well, fewer than you think since he's bi (maybe, I mean one never knows with Constantine)

Might be fun to see him have a kid and that kid has a kid with the Etrigen's kid.

I'll get some groucho marx glasses, happy?
No! Try harder, I mean how about a business suit with magical embroidery or at least magical symbols as embroidery? Maybe a string tie with an amulet? (I'm just throwing out ideas.) Oh an all-white suit, worn, calls himself the White Rabbit? :grin: (Kidding on the latter)

Amusingly I made a COH character who was a magical guy, Sam Harrow, born of ritual to summon the devil but saved by angel possession so--well morally odd but heroic.

Ooh metal mask and suit?

I get so many ideas.

I have a comic where Jason Blood had already died and Bruce used a ritual to bring Etrigan back in Terry’s body temporarily. So it’s actually possible for somebody to get their hands on that book and be Etrigan. Some of the comics are really good.

I was mostly kidding about wearing bathrobe and bunny slippers. At the very least I can manage a trench coat and some glowy bits.

I was mostly kidding about wearing bathrobe and bunny slippers. At the very least I can manage a trench coat and some glowy bits.
You might want to take a look at his file and see if it looks like something you might want to play (not him necessarily because he’d be over 100 years old).

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back