Help finding a Classic Traveller resource?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Moonglum

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Question for the hive mind: Once upon a time I had a gaming magazine that included a long-format article providing all the details for creating characters in Classic Traveller that came from criminal background careers. Another detail I recall is that the illustrations included a grossly fat crime boss. Anyway, I'd really like to find this again, but for the life of me I can't seem to track it down. Anyone remember where it was published?

Question for the hive mind: Once upon a time I had a gaming magazine that included a long-format article providing all the details for creating characters in Classic Traveller that came from criminal background careers. Another detail I recall is that the illustrations included a grossly fat crime boss. Anyway, I'd really like to find this again, but for the life of me I can't seem to track it down. Anyone remember where it was published?
Is it White Dwarf issue 19?

Yes; that's the one!!! Thanks very much. I had this vague feeling it should be an an old issue of Dragon, but couldn't find a hint of it there.

It's funny I remembered the central dude as being the size of Jabba the Hut. He probably wouldn't even rate in the upper half of the Walmart patronage now...

If nobody on the Pub remembers a piece of old media you remember, try to remember whether you've been taking drugs near the same period of your life...::honkhonk:

Just sayin':thumbsup:!

For some reason my brain didn't go with an magazine article but instead went to the many Paranoia Press books. There was also Traveller material in earlier Dragon Magazine, one of the Judges Guild magazines, I think Pegasus. Didn't Space Gamer and Different Worlds also release some Traveller material as well? Man do I miss all my magazines.

1714364375394.png

There used to be Star Trek fanzines and magazines. I remember reading a Star Trek / Elfquest fanfic back around 1985. There was this whole invisible world of zines back in the day. The local Commodore store produced their own little quarterly newspaper with ads and reviews.

There used to be Star Trek fanzines and magazines. I remember reading a Star Trek / Elfquest fanfic back around 1985. There was this whole invisible world of zines back in the day. The local Commodore store produced their own little quarterly newspaper with ads and reviews.
Goes back even farther, recall reading an issue of Grups in ‘82 or so, and it was one of many back issues. A lot of Spock focused fanfic ;)

...dude, that was a joke. In fact, I can argue that a lot of old stories and myths are actually fanfic, making this Older Than Steam. And if we count some Greek dramas, Older Than Steel, too:grin:!

BTW Happy Traveller Day!
There's a Traveller Day now, too:shock:?

...dude, that was a joke. In fact, I can argue that a lot of old stories and myths are actually fanfic, making this Older Than Steam. And if we count some Greek dramas, Older Than Steel, too:grin:!

There's a Traveller Day now, too:shock:?
May Day. "Mayday, Mayday, this is Free Trader Beowulf..."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back