I apologize

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Is Groundhog Day a real celebrated day over in the USA?

(If I've asked this before, please accept my apologies as it could be Groundhog Day!) :grin:

In truth, is Groundhog Day real?

Or is it just another Americana myth, like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Mothman sightings, and Pamela Anderson?

It’s like... déjà vu all over again!

You had to remind me.

I think the tone of that film was really good but they could have done so much more with it.

The true story is actually really interesting, and would make for a great film. I don't remember anything about the 90s film other than disliking it, but I wonder if the book was better.

The true story is actually really interesting, and would make for a great film. I don't remember anything about the 90s film other than disliking it, but I wonder if the book was better.

You haven’t read it? I like it so much I’ve read it three times. I can describe the book as a series of semi-related vignettes of things that took place around Point Pleasant. What really comes through is just how he was able to convey this eerie sense of foreboding. The movie left out a few things that were creepy in the book, mostly the Men in Black encounters that were almost stranger than the Mothman encounters.

You haven’t read it? I like it so much I’ve read it three times. I can describe the book as a series of semi-related vignettes of things that took place around Point Pleasant. What really comes through is just how he was able to convey this eerie sense of foreboding. The movie left out a few things that were creepy in the book, mostly the Men in Black encounters that were almost stranger than the Mothman encounters.

No, only watched a series of documentaries in the last few years about the event. In the 90s, I was kinda burnt out on conspiracy theory/supernatural stuff after the X/files. But I may look the book up, it'd be a good companion to The Serpent and the Rainbow, which I've got on my reread pile

Is Groundhog Day a real celebrated day over in the USA?

(If I've asked this before, please accept my apologies as it could be Groundhog Day!) :grin:

In truth, is Groundhog Day real?

Or is it just another Americana myth, like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Mothman sightings, and Pamela Anderson?

More real than Pamala Anderson, a bit more mythical than the Mothman or headless horseman. Then again I'm pretty sure Pam is like Abe Lincoln's axe, the handle has been replaced a few times, and the head was replaced twice, but totally authentic.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back