I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Of course! Isn't that assumed?
Sometimes people need things explain in clear terms. It's possible they'd the k geese are cute, friendly birds. Not the agents of destruction that they actually are.

I'm half tempted to make an evil race of gooseman in my next PbP game. Slaughter then at will because the reproduce like mofos and shit in anything they get there webbed feet on.
Sorry, as the new member here, I have to ask, especially since RuneQuest (I think) did ducks, did this ever happen. I bet this would be an interesting D&D module... along the line of Tucker's Kobolds :grin:

Sorry, as the new member here, I have to ask, especially since RuneQuest (I think) did ducks, did this ever happen. I bet this would be an interesting D&D module... along the line of Tucker's Kobolds :grin:
Well not to anyone's knowledge so far but my PbP game is glacially slow.

:grin:
'tis a perk of the PbP IMNSHO. Better for the DM and the players having a slower pace. I enjoy face to face games, but always think of PbP as a different creature. I enjoy them in a different way. But good luck!!

:grin:
'tis a perk of the PbP IMNSHO. Better for the DM and the players having a slower pace. I enjoy face to face games, but always think of PbP as a different creature. I enjoy them in a different way. But good luck!!
You should join in if you are looking for a light hearted attempt at BX D&D.

Nothing stops you from adding tyrannical goose-steppers into our PbP right now. :goof: In fact, it might solve the town's starvation problem. :eat: Though who knows how the Snakies and Gnolls will align to this abominable seasonal threat, (I just like the idea that Imperial Geese still fly South for winter, :alien::sun:).

Nothing stops you from adding tyrannical goose-steppers into our PbP right now. :goof: In fact, it might solve the town's starvation problem. :eat: Though who knows how the Snakies and Gnolls will align to this abominable seasonal threat, (I just like the idea that Imperial Geese still fly South for winter, :alien::sun:).
Perhaps the gnolls and snakies are just servants of the gooseman empire.....?

IMG_20190901_132359-01.jpeg

This is sick and wrong. One more example of twisted Canadian pro geese propaganda. Aimed at children no less. Have those people no shame!

View attachment 11882

This is sick and wrong. One more example of twisted Canadian pro geese propaganda. Aimed at children no less. Have those people no shame!
Ah, yes, Paw Patrol, noted piece of crypto-fascist propoganda with its hidden pro-goose agenda. After all, who was famous for goose-stepping ... ?

694i1jhntu611.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, yes, Paw Patrol, noted piece of crypto-fascist propoganda with its hidden pro-goose agenda. After all, who was famous for goose-stepping ... ?

694i1jhntu611.jpg
So I'm confused are the folks claiming it's fascist trying to be funny like me or do they seriously believe their joke?

So I'm confused are the folks claiming it's fascist trying to be funny like me or do they seriously believe their joke?
They're serious. Paw Patrol copped flak for incorporating authoritarian themes unironically and was labelled fascist, presumably as click bait. I can't say I've actually seen enough of it to form an opinion but there was a storm in a teacup about it a couple of years ago.

The goose-stepping references are my contribution.

I gotta admit, while I do like the idea of a post-apocalyptic/post-collapse setting, I'd like to see more pre-collapse/pre-apocalypse settings and campaigns. And I'm not talking about a stable ordinary society either.

I'm talking about a setting that is obviously teetering on the brink, but the big collapse hasn't happened just yet.

Historical examples could include the later years of the Western Roman Empire. the Kingdom of France during the second half of Louis XVI's reign, or the Russian Empire after the Russo-Japanese War and the Revolution of 1905

TV Tropes actually has a page all about these types of settings, Just Before The End
View attachment 11882

That page is taken out of context. It's the equivalent of the scene in War of the Worlds where a festive gathering has formed around the cylinder on Horsell Common. The horror comes later.
They're serious. Paw Patrol copped flak for incorporating authoritarian themes unironically and was labelled fascist, presumably as click bait.
Definitely clickbait. Clicks are all that matters in big media.

That page is taken out of context. It's the equivalent of the scene in War of the Worlds where a festive gathering has formed around the cylinder on Horsell Common. The horror comes later.
No. Believe me I have been 'requested' to read this propaganda over a hundred times. The whole plot is how cute geese are completely whitewashing the fact they are aggressive flying shit machines.

for a free roaming thread about geese this thread has suspiciously never left its subforum

mods pls fix
If the topic is engaging Enough it doesn't fall off the rails. Hatred of geese is pretty primal.

for a free roaming thread about geese this thread has suspiciously never left its subforum

mods pls fix
I suppose I should have moved the whole thread over to "Media and Video Games" for my last post.

Lol...Paw Patrol has a villain who occasionally names himself mayor and imposes silly laws and fines and the people just go along with it.

While that IS facist... I guess... its not a promotion of it, its a mockery of it. lol

As for Canada promoting our geese overlor... err... tyrants. We live with the flockers...they just visit you.

The year round goose shit on my lawn disagrees with your statement.

Fun fact: there is a statue of a Martian in the pedestrian mall in Woking. Horsell is now a suburb of Woking and one of the many parts of London's commuter belt that I have had occasion to be domiciled in. Horsell Common is now mostly forested. There's also a Games Workshop just down the road (something that can be said of just about every substantial town in the UK). Just up from it is an installation of a crashed space capsule. Behind that is a Hawker Hunter on a pedestal.

4369873_dd90c348_original.jpg

wokingmartianpod.jpg

xl623-woking-081016.jpg

Attachments

• xl623-woking-081016.jpg
    xl623-woking-081016.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back