Marvel Comics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Picked up some Silver Age X-Men comics at a small comicon yesterday. Most Silver Age X-Men stories are pretty bad, IMO, but I'm trying to put together a complete run, although it's very unlikely I'll every be able to afford #1 or Giant Size X-Men #1. I do at least have reprints of those, though.

I got these in the mail today. The Kulan Gath storyline. One of the most shocking things as a kid was seeing Spider-Man crucified but he is still a huge inspiration for them defeating Gath in the end.

66D6E61D-8A15-4E07-BBE9-13F90100CFDE.jpeg

I got these in the mail today. The Kulan Gath storyline. One of the most shocking things as a kid was seeing Spider-Man crucified but he is still a huge inspiration for them defeating Gath in the end.

View attachment 81301
I remember that, right in the sweet spot of my Marvel reading days!

View attachment 81301
Pretty much these are from my highest comic reading era. Love the x-titles back then.

View attachment 81301

Issue 193 is a really good one, too. Intro of Firestar and Thunderbird II/Warpath.

One of my earliest X-Men issues.

View attachment 81301

Lovely John Romita Jr. art. I'm very taken with his blocky yet clean style in the 80s, wish he still worked in that style today.

I think Thunderbird II was introduced in New Mutants #15 or #16 first, just as a Hellion, rather than wearing his big brother's clothes.

That’s right… he was in just one of those generic purple Hellions suits. I had forgotten about that.

In case anyone other than me missed it until now, Rom Omnibus Vol 3 is up for pre-order for November 5th. I spotted and pre-ordered on Amazon. The description says it covers Rom #51-75, Annual 3 and 4, and Incredible Hulk 296.

Also, it looks like Micronauts got two more volumes of collections. Sadly, looking at what they cover, there's no X-Men and Micronauts included. :sad:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back