Moderation Discussion Thread of 2024

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Pineapple on pizza requires other elements to balance the sweetness.

First, salt. Traditionally it's Canadian/back bacon, but I think not salty enough. Do regular bacon and grab some smoke with the deal.

Then heat. I prefer jalapeños, but hot sauces with a good bit of vinegar can do the trick.

First, salt. Traditionally it's Canadian/back bacon, but I think not salty enough. Do regular bacon and grab some smoke with the deal.

Then heat. I prefer jalapeños, but hot sauces with a good bit of vinegar can do the trick.
Hawaiian pizza with jalapeños is better than it has any right to be :thumbsup:

Jalapenos are good on nothing.
iu

I legit can just eat pickled jalepenos out of the jar by themselves.

When I started towing in a town called Melrose Park about 25 years back, I'd stop at the diners and a get a styrofoam cup filled with jalapenos and drive around just eating them while looking for repos. Think it was 10 cents a cup. Every diner had 'em too.
This reminds me of the TV show "Fringe" where the characters from one variant future were constantly eating jalapenos (or dumping a pound of salt on things).

I think pepperoni is the sweet spot for counterbalancing pineapple, but yeah; there are no bad individual toppings, only bad combinations.

I do love pickles.

I'll eat any type of pizza just no anchovies. I even like plain cheese. Could eat pizza 3 times a day every day. It is the perfect food. Except Lou Malnottis. That stuff's crap.

My go to cheap pizza is pepperoni and roasted red peppers (2 topping so it works with Domino's 5.99 two topping pizzas if you order 2 or more pizzas).

Also depends if we're talking lasagna or pastitsio
Well pastitio is just moussaka with noodles instead of the superior potato. Ignoring any fake news about the relative introduction of potatoes and pasta to Europe of course....

Tengential to the present debate : tried pineapple in curry recently. Great success!
Pineapple in curry is very tasty.

It just occurred to me that this thread is a good example of the universal law of the 'Pub; any sufficiently advanced thread is indistinguishable from the Food Network.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back