Moderation Discussion Thread of 2024

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
FR my favorite pizza is ham, pineapple, anchovy and jalapeño.

That actually is a surprisingly delicious combination. The result is akin to a sweet & sour pork (the sauce, ham is still ham) with a salty savory finish, atop a delicious puttanesca sauce & cheesy bread. Sounds so wrong, yet comes off so right. If you're ready and open, I'd recommend it too.

Also, I miss fugu (blowfish)... :cry::eat: And spicy jellyfish salad...

And hallibut, catfish, tuna are all pretty good too. I've had other fish I liked too.

The way the fish is cooked really makes a difference.
I add Tilapia and Shark to that, but don't really like catfish. Shark steak and Tuna steak are both great.

And hallibut, catfish, tuna are all pretty good too. I've had other fish I liked too.

The way the fish is cooked really makes a difference.

There is a lot of very good fish that isn't cod. Swordfish, catfish, salmon, branzino, etc. I am not a big fan of heavily battered fish, I tend to prefer it grilled, steamed or pan fried. Not a fan of butter on fish either (though I do like it on Lobster)

This is my life, but reversed. My "bruh chick" wife is always using our haircutting shears to open shit. Not complaining, though. Bruh chick is best chick. Being married to a Texan tomboy means being married to a woman who likes to fish, but also bakes a buttermilk pie that has all your friends looking at their wives sideways.

Not my video, but captures the experience perfectly:

My wife is the same about the little golden stork scissors she uses with her knitting. Heaven help the poor fucker that opens a bag of milk with those. Blood mist and bone chips, I'm tellin' ya.
W.T.F.???

I worked in grocery vending for like 35 years. When COVID hit and the aisles got cleaned out, one of the guys that worked at one of my stores told me that even the powdered milk sold out. It’s one of those things that they ordered one case a year.

There is a lot of very good fish that isn't cod. Swordfish, catfish, salmon, branzino, etc. I am not a big fan of heavily battered fish, I tend to prefer it grilled, steamed or pan fried. Not a fan of butter on fish either (though I do like it on Lobster)
If you're ever in San Francisco, go to Scoma's restaurant on the dock and get the Chef's Grill. The chef chooses the fish mix and cuts based on what came in that morning, (they have their own fishing boat). Amazing.

If you're ever in San Francisco, go to Scoma's restaurant on the dock and get the Chef's Grill. The chef chooses the fish mix and cuts based on what came in that morning, (they have their own fishing boat). Amazing.
That's what they do on the mediterrarian. At least on the not-so-touristy places. F*cink luv it..

I do remember those milk bags, but that was in the 60s or 70s. I didn't know it still existed.
But then I also remember the milkman coming door to door and filling people's milk jugs with a ladle. He was already motorised; no horse drawn cart. I'm not That old.

In the early 80s they still were delivering milk to people's doors in my neck of the woods and my brothers and I would steal our neighbours' milk when we ran out. We were pretty poor and never had enough milk.

In the early 80s they still were delivering milk to people's doors in my neck of the woods and my brothers and I would steal our neighbours' milk when we ran out. We were pretty poor and never had enough milk.
We got milk delivered and cut it 50/50 with powdered milk to make it go further. My friends refused to have milk at our house because it has a yellow tinge to it. And I guess it tasted foul but I didn't know better.

We got milk delivered and cut it 50/50 with powdered milk to make it go further. My friends refused to have milk at our house because it has a yellow tinge to it. And I guess it tasted foul but I didn't know better.
my wife's family used exclusively powdered milk. 5 kids and a teacher and a lab tech's salary will do that. my folks were on welfare for a bit. government cheese and the like. Even had actual food stamps. We didn't have powdered milk much but I did not like it. I don't think either of us got milk delivered though. We were both in pretty rural areas, so that might have influenced things.

Ditto, my mother did the same with us back in the early 1970s. Did the whole food stamps etc.

I was wondering the same thing... Milk deliveries? Powdered milk? What happened to the grocery store?
Powdered Milk is not commonly used these days. Either someone here or someone at my local grocery store said they used to go through 1-2 boxes every month and then COVID hit and they were blowing through a years delivery every day for a while. Then COVID ended and life is back to normal.

I actually do keep powdered milk for use. I don't drink milk or use it in cereal at this point in my life, and only use it sporadically for cooking, so it's easier to mix up however much I need for something instead of buying a jug and have part of it go bad before I get around to using it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back