Notes from Bill Hoyt, one of the early D&D players

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thanks for that, a big trip down memory lane.

Its prompted me to go back through my original campaign notes from the 70's, and stand in awe of the simplicity and naivety. My notes got accidentally preserved because I gave them to my younger brother so he could DM from them, and a couple of years ago he gave them back along with his additions. There's some cool stuff in there.

:smile:

Last edited:
Oh cool, thanks! Might as well post our own J JoeNuttall's blog which collects a number of very early amateur D&D advenures.

Fascinating stuff and most of it still looks pretty damn playable:

I did use one of them recently*, and even started a thread for people to run it in their system of choice, so yes, I can confirm it's quite playable:thumbsup:. More so than some modern adventures, I'm afraid!

I guess I should see that document by Bill Hoyt as well...:shade:

*There's no prize for guessing the system.

Wow, that's a lot a of worldbuilding! It reminds me of early Greyhawk supplements that described nations in wargaming terms, with a lot of detail on troop strengths. The hobby's wargaming roots were still strong in those days. Cool document.

Wow, that's a lot a of worldbuilding! It reminds me of early Greyhawk supplements that described nations in wargaming terms, with a lot of detail on troop strengths. The hobby's wargaming roots were still strong in those days. Cool document.

The things people did with their time before the Internet and instant communication with everyone...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back