Post a music video you could write an entire campaign based on

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Another kind-of-cheat, because my mate Andrew Boulton and me used to make up shit for Traveller (the video stuff was all him, I mostly did ship design - not on this, all classic ships). I like to bust this out from time to time and remember simpler times. Hard to believe it's 10 years since he died. :sad:

Look, I'm not saying this was the only inspiration, but I may have written more than a campaign with this song on my mind.

Except from Fractured Kingdom

The year is 2202; over sixty years have passed since the end of the Great War and the Purge that followed plunging the world into a modern dark age. Since then man has struggled to rebuild, to find some fragment of stability they had before the generations lost to war. For most, the world is a cold and cruel place, the gap between rich and poor ever widening. The masses, undereducated, placated with cheap distractions and great television.

Under the static and the lies are other worlds, four Realms, the Dark, Grave, Slumber, and Verdant, places of fantastical beauty and horror. Secret places that share their gifts with those strong enough to take them. These are the Lucid, existing between the worlds and shadows. In the shadows, empires, known as Baronies, manipulate the world as they seek unknowable goals.

It is here that secret wars unfold, unknown to the Waking World. It is here that only the most cunning may survive outside the control of others. It is here that one may find freedom. All it costs is everything else.

Definite Westworld vibe, without the silly theme park business. The karesansui pattern-raking business is bound to have something to do with higher states of consciousness. This one possibly needs a bit more work to develop, but would clearly be a very clever campaign in the right hands.

Okay, maybe not a whole campaign, but there's definitely a kick-ass magic system in here.

While I admire Justified and ancient from the KLF you can't beat the whole Viking, metal knight mystic quest vibe of America - what time is love?

And if you look up Cyberpunk in a dictionary it's just a link to this video.

One more, this isn't a full campaign, but the song did inspire the first Halloween one shot we released.

Any Supers Game

Any DARK Supers Game

My upcoming Savage Worlds/Interface Zero campaign

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back