Post a music video you could write an entire campaign based on

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Not a music video, but this is one of the the inspirations for an upcoming fantasy campaign I am slowly, very slowly, working on for my home game:

"The Black Queen chants
the funeral march
The cracked brass bells will ring
To summon back the Fire Witch
To the court of the Crimson King"

Yeah, I can see how that could work.

Loads of Muse videos have cool ideas for scenarios or themes for whole campaigns and Duran Duran did some great vids (Wild Boys and Union of the Snake) as has already been posted earlier. I have a few more...

Let's do some Nik Kershaw. The Riddle and Wouldn't It Be Good.

Lots of imagery in that one lending itself to weird campaigns, alternate realities, Alice in Wonderland, and the like. The video and lyrics really compliment each other. And this one speaks for itself; maybe a oneshot though:

Some Mike Oldfield, Moonlight Shadow:

Ultravox Vienna, obviously screams of film noir, tragedy and spies:

Thought about posting Seventh Son as a gag, but there are so many great options from their albums that are not directly based on a book.
Can I play with madness was my 2nd AD&D 2e world.

Friend's Shadowrun (had Chaos AD as background music but this song in particular):

Vampire Masquerade, of course:

A very Satanic aimed Rifts campaign:

Not so much a video but this song was on constant repeat when planning a Macross II game:

Among many sources of inspiration, I used this video and song by Radiohead as inspiration for my Lacuna campaign, which ran for around 10 sessions or so:

Can I play with madness was my 2nd AD&D 2e world.

I mean...

The idea to base the album around the folklore concept of the seventh son of a seventh son came to bassist Steve Harris after he read Orson Scott Card's Seventh Son.[3] Harris stated, "It was our seventh studio album and I didn't have a title for it or any ideas at all. Then I read the story of the seventh son, this mystical figure that was supposed to have all these paranormal gifts, like second sight and what have you, and it was more, at first, that it was just a good title for the seventh album, you know? But then I rang Bruce Dickinson and started talking about it and the idea just grew."[4]

It's got some solid fantasy roots.

"Sleeping Sickness"

In Nomine
Remnant Kyriotate of Dreams retreats into the Ethereal (dream) Realm careening from Dreams and Nightmares domains in a desperate attempt to stay alive and have its spiraling dementia make sense -- it doesn't understand that its 'self' is already 'dead'. As it jumps from physical body (Corporeal realm) or dreamer mind (Ethereal realm) it slips a host every few jumps into a deep coma-like sleep. Starting with a psychiatric therapist and the mind machine from Jennifer Lopez' "The Cell," the party develops into an eclectic global mix trying to solve this: a haunted Buddhist monk, a Turkish whirling dervish on tour, an old Yiddish Newspaper reporter stuck in a seniors home, an opium addicted young poet, a daydreaming diner waitress, a vogue dancer dying in hospice, and an oft-sighted comatose child patient who tends to be the friendliest host... Humans trying to help each other careen into the divine and infernal as they tumble over the edge of comprehension and consciousness. Can you find the Words to return back?

A Remnant is a celestial so Soul damaged as to merely be an empty vessel; a body and/or mind devoid of will & perception, like a robot stuck in a programming loop.
A Kyriotate, also known as Dominations, is an angelic celestial who are designed to borrow bodies and leave them better than before. They have no fleshly Corporeal vessel, but can borrow any animal's body, often several at once, and operate in parallel -- even on the other sides of the planet simultaneously.
A Celestial of Dreams may sleep their Corporeal vessel and hop into a dreamer's dream world. Further they often can hop from one dreamer's dream world into another dreamer's dream world. This can allow this Kyriotate Remnant to come out Corporeally of another dreamer on the other side of the planet.
The game is all about The Word and how it Manifests reality. The more powerful celestials are word holders, embodiments of its conceptual principles.

Bedtime Story - Madonna

Most likely for some anime-style, post-apocalyptic cyberpunk fusion ala Trigun...

And of course, for the outro/credits

Another anime-style campaign idea I titled "Gunsmith Angel"

Again, for the outro/credits

No politics implied but think of this as inspiration for some A-Team style MacGyvering where you are up against corrupt local officials. You’ll need to add in where they kidnap a loved one or something, maybe mix in some Roadhouse and you could have a fun romp. I’d be tempted to use Top Secret S.I. but I’m weird

Or on a lighter note you could do something like Teen Wolf or The Howling Reborn with this classic, I’d use Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic or Chill 1E

Or on a lighter note you could do something like Teen Wolf or The Howling Reborn with this classic, I’d use Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic or Chill 1E

I loved the original, but here is a modern inspiration for this:

Between this and Thriller, My Head Canon is that Zombies have a "mass mind effect", what one zombie does other zombies nearby will do. The second part of my Head Canon is Zombies always must follow a (strong) beat. One starts dancing (because of a memory), they all start dancing... line dancing or doing The Thriller. Thus you can create a zombie parade or coral with a good sound system.

Same song, two clips, just to show that once the Ruinous Powers open the Warp in a school gym, it's only a matter of time before they conquer a continent.

TWRP's excellent Starlight Brigade is worthy of a multi-year anime run, let alone an RPG campaign.
On that note, how about this one. Feels right for an all-Hybrids Interface Zero campaign or maybe Big Apple Sewer Samurai for SWADE.

I personally like this one for an interstellar search and rescue/SF medical game:

On that note, how about this one. Feels right for an all-Hybrids Interface Zero campaign or maybe Big Apple Sewer Samurai for SWADE.

I personally like this one for an interstellar search and rescue/SF medical game:

Both excellent choices. The first one could be called BASSWADE. xD

I'd normally post this in "what are you listening to," but this seems more appropriate:

As a long time Bushido GM/ Player, I love this.

It makes me want to play a Chambara Inspired Fantasy Nippon game, without paying too much attention to things like anachronisms, modern speech, or even the social rules. It is like Knight's Tale (2001), but with Samurai.

Had to make sure I found a censored version of this one...

And a not quite a serious one, but I think one with some legs. Maybe.

Let You Down

It's the ending theme to Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. But it's a whole mission in one video, one that could be extrapolated into a campaign. Bring down the corpos and stick it to the Man!

Really, if kids turn up in the adventure it's just not going to go well. Run away. Run away now.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back