Role Gate - New RPG Chat/PbP Site/App

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
So there's a new chat/PbP site or app for playing RPGs via text in Beta from the looks of it called Role Gate.

Perhaps an unfortunate choice of name considering the unintended online political connotations but it seems pretty active with a range of games being played, lots of 5e of course but also some CoC, SW, PbtA, etc.

You can read others games without joining them if you want to just check it out.

The interface has some issues on my older iPad on Chrome but from the sounds of it the whole thing is still in development and has only been out for 6 months. Worth a look I think.

Kinda amusing that PbP is being presented as some kind of new 'asynchronous' form of play but the host and Pergent do talk about forum-based PbP.

Here is a interview with the guy behind it Ryan V. Pergent, who worked on Witcher 3.

Last edited:
That's interesting, but I've got Myth-Weavers for my asynchroneous needs:smile:.

I'm still kind of partial to a private IRC server with a dice bot. What would something like this give me that I couldn't get otherwise?

I'm still kind of partial to a private IRC server with a dice bot. What would something like this give me that I couldn't get otherwise?
More participants if it builds up to critical mass.

I'm old enough to remember companies that ran play by mail campaigns. Hopefully they get a shout out by the millenials I see on that video

I took a brief look. I like how you are able to add a emotional state tag alongside of the comments.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back