Stara Szkola One Shots - Historical Fantasy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
I've just finished a beta version of some free form OSR magic rules for Stara Szkola and I want to playtest them some. I'm working up a one shot scenario now and I'd like to run it several times to see how both Stara Szkola rules and my new magic rules function in the wild. Ideally this will be a one or two session deal. SSk is a cool historical OSR rules set by out very own Peter Von Danzig Peter Von Danzig. My take is going to be late medieval adjacent and heavily touchstoned by Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay for overall feel. Some dastardly shit is going down in the town of Gatlinburg and the characters need to figure it out before the whole town goes up in flames.

I've just started the scenario so I'll looking to run this in a couple of weeks maybe. I'll be running it over discord voice with a shared whiteboard for sketchy-sketchy.

We can chat about the system and characters in this thread is anyone's interested.

I have some interested parties form the Stara Szkola discord, so individuals interested here will find a home no problem.

I would freaking love to participate but my dance card is full, at least as far as my wife is concerned.

Depending on time, I might or might not be able to join (and Stara Szkola is far enough removed from d20 to not break my New Year Resolution). However, due to floating work schedule, I can't even tell you what time would be opportune for me...
Insert "stars may be just right" meme and I'll make a character just in case. If I get to use it, fine, if not, I'll send it over for you to use as NPC.
Does that work?

I would freaking love to participate but my dance card is full, at least as far as my wife is concerned.
That's a shame. I'll be doing this for a while so if a window opens up let me know. Feel free to download the magic rules and let me know what you think as well.

I may not have the time, but assuming I do, is a Byzantine character applicable?

I may not have the time, but assuming I do, is a Byzantine character applicable?
Generally for SSk that might work but these oneshots will have pregens. That helps me compare session to session when I'm looking for improvements and changes.

Generally for SSk that might work but these oneshots will have pregens. That helps me compare session to session when I'm looking for improvements and changes.

Oh; so no Byzantine characters, then; sorry for not joining the game because of this. I feel bad for just leaving.

Oh; so no Byzantine characters, then; sorry for not joining the game because of this. I feel bad for just leaving.
It's fine. Byzantine content isn't on the menu. If I ever decide to run something in that area you can jump in.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back