The Cosplay Thread ("She Looks Very Healthy" Warning)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

THIS IS DRAGONCON 2023 DRAGON CON 2023 BEST COSPLAY MUSIC VIDEO ANIME EXPO COMIC CON COSTUME ATLANTA

25 minutes, but it is a top tier convention.....

My trouble with cosplaying superhero characters is that I've never been much of a comic fanboy, so I have no idea who most of these characters are. Every now and then I recognise a character from one of the anime shows I've seen on Netflix, but I'm not enough of a weeb to recognise obscure manga characters either.

I am the reverse. I can tell you every comic character and alt-world variation, but most . I am pretty good at the Cartoon characters. Most of the anime characters? ... well they look cool.

Cosplayer are much more serious fans than most of us. They go into the minutia of the character they are wearing (most of the time).

And my Tax:

b6a14fbfd37adba8a3258ed8aac7a20c.jpg

THIS IS DRAGONCON 2023 DRAGON CON 2023 BEST COSPLAY MUSIC VIDEO ANIME EXPO COMIC CON COSTUME ATLANTA

25 minutes, but it is a top tier convention.....

The LotR, Ducktales and Man-Thing costumes here are the best. The Clone Wars Obi-Wan is clever.

Also appreciate the topical Alabama dustup cosplay.

Oh and Harvey Birdman. Excellent wings!

Last edited:
My trouble with cosplaying superhero characters is that I've never been much of a comic fanboy, so I have no idea who most of these characters are. Every now and then I recognise a character from one of the anime shows I've seen on Netflix, but I'm not enough of a weeb to recognise obscure manga characters either.

I don't think most of these are manga but anime. Most of those I see reinforce for me why I don't dig most mainstream anime these days.

THIS IS NEW YORK COMIC CON 2023 NYCC BEST COSPLAY MUSIC VIDEO BEST COSTUMES ANIME CMV NYC MANHATTAN

22 mins

Funny how the thumbnails always lead with the cheesecake. That aspect also brings home for me how horny superhero comics were, I mean Tigra?

Not that I'm complaining, I find it endearing in the 70s and 80s until the wheels came off in the 90s.

Anyways, love the Dune Space Guild and Sentinnel costumes.

I gotta give the edge to the look of the Space Guild in Lynch's film, which I think obviously influenced the look in the new film: they kept it weird, which is what's important for Dune I think.

Also I'm a big enough fan of the Star Wars cartoons it is fun to see someone in a good costume for characters like Tazan.

THIS IS KATSUCON 2024 ANIME EXPO BEST COSPLAY MUSIC VIDEO DC COMIC CON COSTUMES

"You think that's creepy? I'll show you creepy! And I have more in reserve..." - Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl 's internal monologue, overheard by accident:devil:!
Funny how the thumbnails always lead with the cheesecake. That aspect also brings home for me how horny superhero comics were, I mean Tigra?
Dude, why would a tiger-themed superhero NOT have a good sexual life? I mean, who does it 150 times in two days? Tigers::honkhonk:!

Admittedly, I don't know anything about the character, unless I've read up on her due to some Internet discussion. It happens, just like I read on her a few minutes ago:thumbsup:!

(She reminds me of a character First Wife would play:gooselove:. Accidentally, the source of the above info on tigers is also "my players"...:tongue:).

Not that I'm complaining, I find it endearing in the 70s and 80s until the wheels came off in the 90s.
Yeah, me too. Though most of the 90ies art wasn't that bad, IMO...:grin:

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back