The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I think all dwarves should be played as a copy of a Danny Devito character. That gives you Taxi, It's Always Sunny, Matilda, Throw Mamma from the Train, Batman Returns, and a few more.
Twins goes great with your cookie-cutter Conanesque barbarians.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I've pretty much always defaulted dwarves to 'landbound vikings' instead of the Scottish.

Years ago, one of my players decided that Dwarves in my Galactic Dragons setting, especially male suffragists, were Russian. We might have lost an entire session riffing back and forth on who could tell the most ridiculous peasant story in the thickest accent. He might have won. It's really been too many years for anyone to know for certain.

These days, I usually aim for Canadian.

Same here! I'd be more likely to play Wood Elves as Scottish

I really like that idea although I may go with Irish instead as I like the soft Irish accent so much and can do a poor imitation of one in a pinch.

Norwegian dwarves are also an inspired idea I think. It is good to get away from the cliches but still have something tropey to fall back on.

What are you complaining about there being no snowdays!? Back when I was a kid we only had one snow day, and it was so the teachers could shovel all the snow off the roof of the school so it didn't collapse. And it sucked too because we had to stay home with our parents who just made us shovel even more snow.

In my district, because teachers are back in their classroom to teach even if they do not have students and buses are running (delivering meals and picking up elementary students), snow days mean we do not teach from home. Thank you union.

Someone at work has something like this on their minivan. I can't help but see them as "kill markers". Whenever I walk by the car, I'm like, "Damn, that's a decent score, but you could at least have a few more adults and maybe some wheelchair markers on there too."
May years ago, when I was younger and sillier, I got a set of official Car Wars kill stickers, and put a few on the land rover that I was driving. This was an old ex-army model and quite rough. The kill stickers got quite a few double takes.

The land rover was nice in summer as it had a canvas roof you could take off, but terrible in winter as it had no heater.

My toddler calls Minecraft Minecraft, but only when he's playing it. If you're playing it it's Yourscraft. Heaven help you if you get those confused when he asks to play Minecraft. He's got a lot of salt and sarcasm for a three-year old.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back