The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Rare items are fun to know about. I had some rare engines / outdrives on a boat of mine. Called the regional rep for them and they said they didn't exist for both. Called the national rep who said give him the numbers and he'd get back to me.
"Good news and bad news. Good news is yes I have some information about that model engine. Apparently only 18 were reported made. Bad news is yours are numbered 22&23. You need to talk to the manufacturer in england.".
Outdrive rep just said they didn't exist. Despite me showing an extremely detailed manual on them and them attached to my boat. Good times.
I have a few rare and obscure computer stories. Once upon a time I had a gig where we did some solution design around data interfacing with an old IBM mainframe. I can't remember the model number, but only 24 were ever made; the application was written in PL/1.

Subsequently, I made the acquaintance of a chap who once had a gig programming these. They were 1973 vintage minis flying on RAF Nimrods.

I used to have an Olivetti-branded AT&T 3B2/400 computer, a contemporary of the MicroVAX and one of 12 imported into New Zealand. At one point I very nearly managed to get hold of the only BLIT (5620 terminal) ever imported into New Zealand but is, sadly, wound up in a landfill before I could get hold of it.

Ben can judge. He's probably thinking stop watching all that crazy shit and start doing it! Hell I was part of a sex coven in my day!
I suppose he could be judgemental because you're not being freaky enough.

I'm not certain if that would be better or worse.

There's somebody out there who knows Russel's mathematical work well enough and watches Always Sunny enough to make this joke. The world is a weird/great place.

I'm glad someone got it! It was such a deep cut, but I laughed so hard when I encountered it I couldn't not share

You'd never think somebody could make a joke about a book that spends over 300 pages to get to the point of proving that 1 + 1 = 2 :ooh:

Principia_Mathematica_54-43.png

This reminds me of my all-time fave Dilbert strip (Alice is my spirit animal)

28d18560b0f7012f2fef00163e41dd5b

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back