The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Is it the water supply or the water tank for refilling steam engines?

Well, didn't realize that's what those water towers were also for. lol. No idea now.
As somebody who has seen more of Petticoat Junction than I care to admit (my wife likes the show)...

It's clearly the water tank for the local steam train, the Hooterville Cannonball. (Yes, I know--Hooterville. But this was a more innocent era). This could still be a problem, though. I gather that in the Civil War, there was difficulty with troops bathing in the water supplies for locomotives. The soap and dirt they left in the water led to malfunctions and the Union forces at least had to issue stern warnings forbidding the practice.

1714764502817.png
Reminds me of this oldie

As somebody who has seen more of Petticoat Junction than I care to admit (my wife likes the show)...

It's clearly the water tank for the local steam train, the Hooterville Cannonball. (Yes, I know--Hooterville. But this was a more innocent era). This could still be a problem, though. I gather that in the Civil War, there was difficulty with troops bathing in the water supplies for locomotives. The soap and dirt they left in the water led to malfunctions and the Union forces at least had to issue stern warnings forbidding the practice.
Heh thanks! I've not seen the show since I re-watched reruns of it back in the mid to late 1970s. There were some shows I would watch anytime I got a chance. That was one along with The Rat Patrol, Green Acres, The Wild West, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, The Ghost and Misses Muir, A Family Affair, The Partridge Family, The Courtship of Eddie's Father and Mash were shows I recall and often back in reruns where you'd catch them again on one of the three or four channels.

Fascinating fact on the dirty water and causing issues for the steam trains. I love learning new stuff.

Edit: I'm now recalling quite a few other shows from back in that era that have bubbled up from the swamp that is my mind. lol.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back