Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Maybe this is the right place to ask this…

Has anyone been to The Empire Strips Back burlesque show and if so how was it?

I dunno if a roleplaying forum full of middle aged nerds is the right place to get any info on Burlesque shows, lol, but as it happens I have a few friends heavy in the burlesque scene, so I'll DM them and see if they've heard anything about it.

I dunno if a roleplaying forum full of middle aged nerds is the right place to get any info on Burlesque shows, lol, but as it happens I have a few friends heavy in the burlesque scene, so I'll DM them and see if they've heard anything about it.
I appreciate it, it will be coming nearby and might be fun. I still regret not getting to see the Evil Dead Musical (yes, slightly different audience)

The recent 'Identity Crisis' episode of Bad Batch was really excellent, beautiful animation and while heartugging in the extreme, particularly for parents, it is also relatively subtle for a kid's show.
I just watched it. That was one of the most disturbing episodes I’ve seen in any Star Wars media. I had a tear for those “specimens”.

I feel like the end of the Bad Batch is not going to be pleasant.

I just watched it. That was one of the most disturbing episodes I’ve seen in any Star Wars media. I had a tear for those “specimens”.

I feel like the end of the Bad Batch is not going to be pleasant.
It's already not pleasant for me. I'm just coming to the realization that Tech is really gone.

It's already not pleasant for me. I'm just coming to the realization that Tech is really gone.

While I haven't gotten through the whole season, I was really hoping that they would hold the line on that one. It set a tone, and also was exactly on spot for Tech's character.

Re: The Empire Strips Back.

There are still Emperor front row tickets on sale for San Francisco this summer, but is anyone familiar with the Great Star Theater there? Or Jackson St in general? It looks a lot seedier than the burlesque temples in Paris or other Euro places I know; more like a redlight district. And kinda smallish, 450 seats so maybe the view will be adequate from the cheaper spots.
Of course, if the room is packed with rowdy, wookie cosplaying frat boys, I may be better to select a better spot.
Screenshot_20240405_180018_Maps.jpg
Oh, there's restaurants too, for late snack after the show!
Tempting. Another one of these experiences most tourists will never sample.

Last edited:
Re: The Empire Strips Back.

There are still Emperor front row tickets on sale for San Francisco this summer, but is anyone familiar with the Great Star Theater there? Or Jackson St in general? It looks a lot seedier than the burlesque temples in Paris or other Euro places I know; more like a redlight district. And kinda smallish, 450 seats so maybe the view will be adequate from the cheaper spots.
Of course, if the room is packed with rowdy, wookie cosplaying frat boys, I may be better to select a better spot.
View attachment 80360
Oh, there's restaurants too, for late snack after the show!
Tempting. Another one of these experiences most tourists will never sample.

It's an old Chinatown theatre ran by a non-profit, looks cool to me:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back