Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Maybe in one of the upcoming episodes we'll get some real fan service and see the corpse of Palpatine getting picked up by the Sith Eternal as it's floating through space while the Mandalorian flies by and waves with Baby Yoda. Just a small favor from Jon Favreau to JJ Abrams.

Maybe in one of the upcoming episodes we'll get some real fan service and see the corpse of Palpatine getting picked up by the Sith Eternal as it's floating through space while the Mandalorian flies by and waves with Baby Yoda. Just a small favor from Jon Favreau to JJ Abrams.

Or a sex scene with Palpi and Rey's grandma...

i actually like the sequels. I’m not saying they couldn’t be better but I can honestly tear the OT apart if I was so inclined, I just don’t see the point. I watch these things and focus on what I like. Heck I used to have all of what is now considered Legends books and comics and there were some stinkers in there. Still loved them for what they added.

For me the best Star Wars of recent years is Rogue One, Rebels and Mandalorian. Perfect examples of a setting and story.

So, I just heard that there's an 'Easter egg' in one of the last episodes for Mando about how there's no actual pieces of the Death Star left. I don't know if it's true, but that would be a big 'FU' to the Disney Trilogy if it does exist.

Can anyone confirm?

I've seen the first episode twice and the second one once. Nothing that I saw indicates that rumor is anything but.
They mention the Second Death Star blowing up in the first episode, and IIRC the one used in TRoS is the Second.

I've seen the first episode twice and the second one once. Nothing that I saw indicates that rumor is anything but.
They mention the Second Death Star blowing up in the first episode, and IIRC the one used in TRoS is the Second.
Fair enough. :smile:

I think you have your acronyms wrong. Ep IV: A New Hope was the first Death Star. Ep VI: The Return of the Jedi was the second. The Rise of Skywalker didn't have a Death Star.

I think you have your acronyms wrong. Ep IV: A New Hope was the first Death Star. Ep VI: The Return of the Jedi was the second. The Rise of Skywalker didn't have a Death Star.
Didnt it have Dearh Star wreckage? On the wrong planet, at that.

I meant the wreckage in TRoS.

It was another moon of Endor.
I know that Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi, but that's kind of ridiculous, isn't it? I mean, the Death Star II was orbiting Endor. Wouldn't the debris also orbit or crash into Endor?

Actually dumb question: where is Endor itself? You don't tend to see it in comics or and it's not in the movies right?

You're right, I don't think we see it much. I think we see it in the sky in the Ewok movies.

Actually dumb question: where is Endor itself? You don't tend to see it in comics or and it's not in the movies right?

Endor is closest to Bespin, Hoth and Dagobah of the movie planets. Basically same quadrant of the galaxy.

Last edited:
Endor is a gas giant, according to Wookipedia. It has 9 moons, with the Forest moon being the largest. It appears in the skyline "as a distant orb" in RoTJ

i actually like the sequels. I’m not saying they couldn’t be better but I can honestly tear the OT apart if I was so inclined, I just don’t see the point. I watch these things and focus on what I like. Heck I used to have all of what is now considered Legends books and comics and there were some stinkers in there. Still loved them for what they added.

I like your positive attitude.

For me the best Star Wars of recent years is Rogue One, Rebels and Mandalorian. Perfect examples of a setting and story.

I like the cut of your jib. I feel the same way. For all of their faults, it's not like they're history or anything. I enjoy them for what they are (same with Marvel and DC movies that cut up the source material to suit their needs), and am just happy that it exists at all.

I was fine until the last movie and then I was like “Oh. My. God. What a disaster!”

Meh. I just enjoyed it for what it was. It was apparent that the Disney Trilogy suffered from a very fractured vision. Even though they say it's not true, Rian bagged JJ's vision, and JJ retconned as much of Rian's as he could. And we ended up with a mess. But it had some pretty cool visuals, some decent call backs, and some half-way decent fights (though with the possible exception of Ep IV, it had the weakest of the three. A real mess in terms of choreography)

(though with the possible exception of Ep IV, it had the weakest of the three. A real mess in terms of choreography)
Wait do you mean episode 4? as in the original starwars? I'm not disputing it, there wasn't much fighting other than shootouts, but I thought you were talking about the sequel trilogy.

I like consistency in my stories. Sure, expand on what's there, but don't contradict the setting with each new iteration, like the Disney Trilogy. Again, Hyperspace doesn't work that way those movies depict. It's like having Gravity suddenly not work right at your local Wal-mart for no reason.

Wait do you mean episode 4? as in the original starwars? I'm not disputing it, there wasn't much fighting other than shootouts, but I thought you were talking about the sequel trilogy.

I'm talking all of them. Episode IV had the one lightsaber duel at the end with Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader. That possibly had a weaker fight scene than the choreo in the sequel trilogies. You might say how... considering the fact that they were just striking at each other. I can forgive that- it made no pretensions at being choreographed. The sequels were choreographed by experts, and the fights made no sense. You have people in the background on the fight scenes just acting like they're engaged when they really aren't, intercepted hits that had no purpose in the first place, and just bad movement in general. Those who don't have an eye for it might not see and see the flashing blades and movements and give it a pass... but yeah.

Contrast with this...

Last edited:
I'm talking all of them. Episode IV had the one lightsaber duel at the end with Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader. That possibly had a weaker fight scene than the choreo in the sequel trilogies. You might say how... considering the fact that they were just striking at each other. I can forgive that- it made no pretensions at being choreographed. The sequels were choreographed by experts, and the fights made no sense. You have people in the background on the fight scenes just acting like they're engaged when they really aren't, intercepted hits that had no purpose in the first place, and just bad movement in general. Those who don't have an eye for it might not see and see the flashing blades and movements and give it a pass... but yeah.

Contrast with this...

After that fight scene in the prequels, I was hoping for something similar in the sequels, but Hoo Boy.

Contrast with this...

To be honest I found them both equally awful.

The only lightsaber duel I think I could really believe is one that is over very, very quickly, like a Samurai Iajutsu duel. The acrobatics and flashiness diminish the mysticism.

If you must show a duel have it play out in the characters head's like in the first fight in Hero. Then make the actual duel lighting fast.

Ditto. I enjoyed them but thought The Last Jedi was the best of the bunch. The last one was weaker but still pretty fun.

The only Star Wars film I really like is Empire, but Rogue One and Solo had good things in them too.

Even as a kid although I liked Star Wars I was never into them as much as other kids my age. I read the comics, had a Star Wars bedspread but that was about it for me.

The sf I really loved as a kid and rewatched a lot was Dune, Wrath of Khan, Alien and The Thing.

For me people who pull fantasy movies (which SW is) apart are missing the point. It’s like watching the Hobbit and going Smaug can’t fly...physics. Or the action film where the guy doesn’t break both his legs and spine after the two story drop. If you can’t suspend disbelief for make believe you should only watch documentaries.

I love the Star Wars fights because the samurai wizards are waving light swords around whilst pirouetting. Not because it’s realistic, for starters I’m pretty sure your not going to fight with laser swords in any fashion like we see on the films or shrug off the nerve killing blows like a Knight of Nee.

Now I’m never going to criticise people not liking them, I only ever have issue with people making a lifestyle out of it. Now I’m off to watch the rest of S2 of Star Wars resistance whilst waiting for my Chinese...then the Mandalorian:grin:

For me people who pull fantasy movies (which SW is) apart are missing the point. It’s like watching the Hobbit and going Smaug can’t fly...physics. Or the action film where the guy doesn’t break both his legs and spine after the two story drop. If you can’t suspend disbelief for make believe you should only watch documentaries.
There's still good fiction and bad fiction, even if you handwave over the physics and sword-wizards the storytelling in the sequels is pretty lackluster at best. And the prequels - Lucas is definitely capable of good stuff when he's not surrounded by syncophants. Instead we got Jar Jar and the undersea space Rastas. And pod racing that rehashed tropes from '70s children's cartoons. And Watto. Arguably the coolest thing in the prequels, Darth Maul could still have benefited greatly from some er .. dialogue.

Last edited:
My kids (boy, age 8 and girl, age 6) find prequels far more memorable than the sequels, strangely. Darth Maul, General Grievous, Queen Amidala and especially Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith. Shrug.
20 years ago, this would have elicited a Simon Pegg-like rage from, but now I will join you in shrugging.

The shortest and perhaps best saber duel in SW. Kenobi was clever by feigning Qui-Gon’s stance before using his own technique to finish off Maul quickly.

I was just thinking about this scene earlier today. Thanks for saving me the trouble of looking it up.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back