Unisystem - What are you doing with it

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Anyone have any particular favourite hacks for it?

Or have hacked it? Care to share these?
Nothing earth-shattering, but I use Perception for gun combat (dex is sort of a god stat in Unisystem), I hate traditional systems for flaws so I don't use those. (In my CineUni-games every character has a single dramatic flaw that the player and GM can invoke for extra drama points. No point-milking by hoarding flaws that never come up in games), drama points refresh each session like bennies in Savage Worlds (3 for champions and 5 for White hats). And finally I don't use the standard rules for multiple actions in CineUni. In my games the first action get a penalty equal to the number of actions, and each additional action get another -1. So three actions would get -3/-4/-5.

I think that is about it.

Nothing earth-shattering, but I use Perception for gun combat (dex is sort of a god stat in Unisystem), I hate traditional systems for flaws so I don't use those. (In my CineUni-games every character has a single dramatic flaw that the player and GM can invoke for extra drama points. No point-milking by hoarding flaws that never come up in games), drama points refresh each session like bennies in Savage Worlds (3 for champions and 5 for White hats). And finally I don't use the standard rules for multiple actions in CineUni. In my games the first action get a penalty equal to the number of actions, and each additional action get another -1. So three actions would get -3/-4/-5.

I think that is about it.
Perception for gun combat is a good one, but guns didn't come up that much in our games. And usually at such ranges (usually point blank, often during a grapple...) that using Str would have been just as relevant:grin:!

OTOH, if you leave the points for flaws, you have to up the starting points.

But it's just a testament to the system how well it holds with minor modifications like this:thumbsup:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back