Virtual Tabletops, which one do you use if any?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back when this thread was young, I posted a picture of how I used the humble Google Jamboard for online games. Since then I invested a bit of time to make it a little more attractive.

I don't tend to use map intentisve games, but here's how I have been able to set up my Jamboard. The dice roller on the right side is a simple Javascript app that rolls Fudge dice and few other things. It is displayed in Firefox as as sidebar so I can have everything on the same screen.

It's not Foundry fancy. The idea is to keep things casual, abstract and quick to assemble,, in keeping with the scribbling on a sheet of paper feel. I , rather building a collection of very specific maps. The tokens aren't mine, but I think they have a lot of personality while still being generic and suitable for any genre.

View attachment 65157

Just a heads up that Google just announced that they plan to discontinue Jamboard, effective October 1st of next year.

You still have a year at least. In the meantime, I would suggest taking a look at Owlbear Rodeo.

That's a real shame. I use the Jamboard for all sort of things, not just games. Oh well that the Cloud for you.

Google is only reliable for Android, Gmail, and YouTube. About it. Anything else, and I expect it to either eventually go the way of the dodo bird, or eventually become terrible (like Google Search).

Google is only reliable for Android, Gmail, and YouTube. About it. Anything else, and I expect it to either eventually go the way of the dodo bird, or eventually become terrible (like Google Search).
That's so inverted from how they used to be. Folks I knew there talked of the Church of Search and the backwater of Ads back in the day. But that's a long time ago.

Google sites aren't bad either, as are Google docs and Google sheets, but they might one day go the way of the dodo.

Just remember, if you aren't the paying client, you're the product. And if you as the product don't sell, then you're not profitable to them.

Just remember, if you aren't the paying client, you're the product. And if you as the product don't sell, then you're not profitable to them.

Yep, exactly. Android, I paid for a Google Pixel smartphone. But other than the OS, the only Google software I'm using are the dialer (for the built-in voicemail), Messages (for the built-in encryption with other Android users), and YouTube. Everything else is third party, including e-mail, (which is with a paid provider in Europe). YouTube, I subscribe to Premium.

Yep, exactly. Android, I paid for a Google Pixel smartphone. But other than the OS, the only Google software I'm using are the dialer (for the built-in voicemail), Messages (for the built-in encryption with other Android users), and YouTube. Everything else is third party, including e-mail, (which is with a paid provider in Europe). YouTube, I subscribe to Premium.
I think I get premium with my YoutubeMusic subscription, but haven't really taken advantage of it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back