Well now that WOTC have given Paizo another gift, tell me of Pathfinder 2

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I struggle as I barely play PF1, and not sure it is worth the investment. I have about 10 pf1 books and don't fancy selling them. 

How backward compatible is PF2e with PF1e?

However, the discussion here is good and helpful for future consideration.

Last edited:
I own them because I cheaped out and they were on sale. I use my painting magnifier goggles to read them.

That is my major concern. The past 10 years or so text size has become an increasing concern and a huge part of why the Kindle has replaced paper books for me when it comes to reading for pleasure. Paper is still my preference for reference material due to the ease of flipping back and forth between sections.

Looks like I'll stick to the full size when I decide to make the leap.

I struggle as I barely play PF1, amd not sure it is worth the investment. I have about 10 pf1 books and don't fancy selling them. :sad:

From my limited understanding, PF1 and 2 aren't terribly compatible, as Paizo have made a bunch of tweaks and changes from the 3.x base. On the other hand I had no interest in PF1 but I'm enjoying PF2.

From my limited understanding, PF1 and 2 aren't terribly compatible, as Paizo have made a bunch of tweaks and changes from the 3.x base. On the other hand I had no interest in PF1 but I'm enjoying PF2.
I would agree with this assessment. They aren’t especially compatible. Pf2 is very structured. I appreciate that.

I struggle as I barely play PF1, and not sure it is worth the investment. I have about 10 pf1 books and don't fancy selling them. 

Not without converting its way easier to convert from pf1 to pf2 then it is pf2 to pf1 Ive done a lot of converting stuff including whole adventure paths to pf2 and its not too hard except treasure because they have different economies and how magic item work also pf2e doesn't have stat stick items so no Belts of str an stuff. All the Rules are here for free ( https://2e.aonprd.com )you can take a look before making the decision to invest to not . Also there is this that organizes things so you can go through rules easier https://2e.aonprd.com/PlayersGuide.aspx

but they are completely different systems not a 3 to 3.5 or 3.5 to pf1 thing. Also some stuff from pf1 doesn't have analogs in pf2 so you have to get close.
This discord is dedicated to converting Pf1 adventure to pf2 and a lot of what we've done can help with other converting

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back