Whamageddon 2022 - Wham! Harder

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm going on year 3 of not hearing this song now. My blood pressure is down, my hair is regaining color and I find myself doing that thing where you turn your lips up and bare your teeth more often.
I think it's a benefit.

Someone needs to update the title of this sucker.

Unfortunately for me the closest coffeeshop to my office is a Starbucks so I'm fucked.

This contest sounds like torture. This thread could also use some more music, so here is two of my favorites.

No no no. NO Mariah Carey! She is spending all year in suspended animation and comes out to sing this song on television three or four time in November/ December, then goes back to Dick Clark's old cryogenic pod.

Actually, in a cyberpunk game, I would have a clone or mechanoid replace her.. so they can control her performance forever.

Last edited:
No no no. NO Mariah Carey! She is spending all year in suspended animation and comes out to sing this song on television three or four time in November/ December, then goes back to Dick Clark's old cryogenic pod.

Actually, in a cyberpunk game, I would have a clone or mechanoid replace her.. so they can control her performance forever.

And a whole campaign the revolves around stopping the cloning process before it reactivates this Christmas. Maybe with a side quest to kill the clone George Michael before he can strike again!

And a whole campaign the revolves around stopping the cloning process before it reactivates this Christmas. Maybe with a side quest to kill the clone George Michael before he can strike again!
Don't kill George. I feel for the guy having to live a double life and then dying on Christmas. I was no fan of Wham! but I appreciate his Freedom song. Let him live a happy second life.

Don't kill George. I feel for the guy having to live a double life and then dying on Christmas. I was no fan of Wham! but I appreciate his Freedom song. Let him live a happy second life.

FINE. <noises of rustling paper>

You instead free George Michael from his eternal torment of singing Christmas songs, find him a new identity and whisk him off to New Zealand to live out his days among the Kiwi Bastards. Will that work?

Well, I am in Whamhalla after a glorious Whamaggedon campaign.

I don't listen to the radio over the Christmas period, or in fact, generally. I don't watch TV Music shows or anything that might have old Christmas music.

However, my downfall was walking to Boots, in Walsall, on the 1st of December at five and twenty past 11, past a treacherous Bratwurst stall that had the radio on, playing Last Christmas.

So, my campaign lasted a full 11 hours and five and twenty minutes.

Good luck to my fellow Whamaggedoners, and may you avoid the treachery of Bratwurst sellers. He probably wasn't even Bratwurstian.

I'll just leave this here, since I posted in the wrong location because I was pissed.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess I'm still in. Covers don't count! Jitterbug!

Last edited:
I'm still in the game. Last year I only made it about three days before getting whamslammed at a supermarket but I've been lucky so far. As penance though, I have encountered greater than average amounts of "Twelve Days of Christmas" and "Santa, Baby"- two songs I hate with the fiery intensity of a thousand exploding suns.

I'm still in the game. Last year I only made it about three days before getting whamslammed at a supermarket but I've been lucky so far. As penance though, I have encountered greater than average amounts of "Twelve Days of Christmas" and "Santa, Baby"- two songs I hate with the fiery intensity of a thousand exploding suns.
I like Santa Baby. And Baby It's Cold Outside.
But I like Christmas in theory.

I'm still in, but I don't go anywhere except work, and don't listen to the radio. I'd have to be auditory-assaulted at this point...

No thanks to all you heathens with your ill-wishes, voodoo and threats, I didn't just get Wham'd once, or twice, but three freaking times yesterday. My daughters teach dance, and I attended their recital yesterday. On the way there, the wife hit me with Wham #1 in the car. Its in her freaking playlist! I'm like, what kind of heathen are you? Wham #2 hit in the theater with the Christmas music playing before the show. Then the wife (who clearly hates me) Wham'd me again(!!??!!) in the car home.

So add me to the loser list, I guess... :-/

Had a close call today. The supermarket was playing a cover. It was horrible- it had pan flutes and a banshee soprano screeching it off-key at a funereal pace. I'd have almost preferred the real thing.

So I'm in Hawaii right now. They don't play original annnnything!! Unless it's Hawaiian music. It's all Hawaiian covers of music. I don't think I could get whamed if I tried until I fly out of this place.

Note to others hide out here during whamaggeddon.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back