Whamageddon 2022 - Wham! Harder

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I have heard several of apologies for playing Last Christmas recently, once from the DJ at Northampton Town FC mentioned above and, apparently, one on Channel Four.

Now, I get that it is a game that a lot of people play and gratuitously playing the song just to get people out of the game is a nasty thing to do, but it's Christmas and Last Christmas is a very popular Christmas song and deserves to be played often. Every time I go into a shopping centre or supermarket I feel that I am dicing with death but I don't feel hard done by when I hear it. Instead, I feel relieved when I don't, as I have dodged another bullet.

So, don't apologise for playing a Christmas hit at Christmas.

Close call at the supermarket. While buying beer (and only beer, as that gives me the weirdest looks lol) a cover version of The Song That Shall Not Be Mentioned was played. Thankfully, it was a cover version, so I was spared the indignity of getting Wham'd 8 days before Christmas.

I'm not leaving the house again.

In it to win it!

One of the major clues to the godawfulness of "Santa Baby" is that even Eartha Kitt couldn't save the song.

Today a local dj asked her co-host if he had heard about Whamageddon. She went on to explain a bit because she loved 'Last Christmas' and was going to play it next. So any listeners who were still in the race could switch channels, but "please come back to us in 5 minutes".
Now that's what I call considerate.

I got caught yesterday. Well half caught. It was someone else's version of Last Christmas when I was listening to a holiday mix.

One day of work left! Just gotta stay in my office, and keep my head down, then stay home over the weekend, threaten the wife and family with horrible punishments if they turn on the radio...

Today a local dj asked her co-host if he had heard about Whamageddon. She went on to explain a bit because she loved 'Last Christmas' and was going to play it next. So any listeners who were still in the race could switch channels, but "please come back to us in 5 minutes".
Now that's what I call considerate.
A DJ here did something similar by playing a loud air alarm on top of giving the listeners a warning. Saved my ass twice already this week.

I just went down. I made it through the work week but this morning they featured the song on the news ... I'm out.

giphy.gif

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back