Whamageddon 2022 - Wham! Harder

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Covers don't count! No matter how good your singing voice is!

Thank you for your confidence in my singing ability!

800px_COLOURBOX17735150.jpg

Jeeezuzzz!!!
I was going okay until yesterday, turned on the car radio and suddenly got WHAMMED !!!
The original version was playing, no remixes, not even a Buble cover, it was bloody WHAM in all their glory, I was totally shot down
It's only early December and I'm already out !!!

A cautionary tale...

"Last Christmas I posted a link to the Last Christmas video
But the very next day I got banned from the forum
This year, to save me from tears

I'll refrain from posting links to the Last Christmas video."

So far, my hermitish nature keeps me away from public spaces where I might get randomly sniped by the song.
Ditto. It also helps to be impervious to musak, which I often am. My wife told me she had heard the song somewhere in the last week or two while shopping; maybe I did as well, but it didn't register.

I work from home, and during a good chunk of the day have the ol' homestead to myself. And neither my spouse nor the spawn who live with us are into WHAM!. So, quite safe.

I do all the marketing (groceries, sundries, etc) for the household, so I'm out and about, but so far haven't heard it playing over any store audio systems...yet.

And I am not oblivious, especially not this time of year. I hate that retail stores start blaring out Christmas music around 1 November, and so the music is on my conscious mind whenever I'm in a store.

Ditto. It also helps to be impervious to musak, which I often am. My wife told me she had heard the song somewhere in the last week or two while shopping; maybe I did as well, but it didn't register.
Yup, my wife does most of the shopping and I don't go out much during the holidays as it is. The only way I could get stung is if the radio in the parrots room were to be playing it as I came in to feed them or play around with them. I could happen but the odds are good that I'll get by without getting Whammed.

And on a vaguely related note, when did "Keeping the Dream Alive" become a Christmas song? Not that I'm complaining- those harmonies are super crisp- but the lyrics don't seem at all Christmasy to me. Yet after not encountering the song at all for at least 20 years I've heard it mixed in with carols and stuff four times this year already.

I mean, I'm totally going to jinx it by saying this, but folks here have been dropping like flies, and I'm still alive! :gooseshades:
Shit, you beat me to it. We indeed seem to be dropping like flies at the moment.

I mostly work from home and we don't really do Christmas at all apart from visiting family on the 25th and 26th so I'm pretty confident of avoiding the god awful song and others like it.

I do all the marketing (groceries, sundries, etc) for the household, so I'm out and about, but so far haven't heard it playing over any store audio systems...yet.

And I am not oblivious, especially not this time of year. I hate that retail stores start blaring out Christmas music around 1 November, and so the music is on my conscious mind whenever I'm in a store.
I tend to notice Muzak when it's either a song I like, or one I despise. So when Christmas-themed Muzak assails me with any rendition of "Santa Baby" I'm quite aware of it. My reaction to "Last Christmas" is more 'meh' so I'm less likely to notice it.

I was worried when I was in line at security at the Orlando airport this morning, as they were playing a string of Christmas songs and it’s not like I could go anywhere else.

But luck was with me and it didn’t come on during the 30-odd minutes I was stuck there.

I’m still alive, baby.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back