What PHD Do You Need To Play...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've seen RPG people complain about subtraction, numbers higher than 9, tracking rations, ammo, healing, money, weight . . . not to mention "what do I need to roll - wait, I'm hunting for it on my character sheet . . ." in simple games with basic tasks their PC keeps doing over and over, that involve no modifiers. Like they can't/don't remember, and it's an effort to find, the number 12, for a basic axe hack attack they keep doing.

That's partly why as GM I am happy to track and roll for them, since I can resolve, and describe the results of their attack before they even find their dice.
Just wondering - would it make DMing easier by replacing them with GPTChat or something?

...who, the players:shock:?!?
Errrrr, yes!

I may be a bad person but I struggle with the idea that people are engaged with a game if they can't locate the big '12' on their character sheet for D&D. Some other RPGs (ie 4 page/dense character sheets) I can understand, but simple single pages ones.......

Errrrr, yes!

I may be a bad person but I struggle with the idea that people are engaged with a game if they can't locate the big '12' on their character sheet for D&D. Some other RPGs (ie 4 page/dense character sheets) I can understand, but simple single pages ones.......
Well, with Skarg Skarg it's more likely to be either (simplified, low-point values) GURPS, or outright TFT...::honkhonk:

But neither of these has an overly long character sheet:shade:.

I actually think using AI to be the players, or even traditional solo play but as the GM asking the oracle what the party does, might be a lot of fun.

Kind of like the board game Dungeon Lords.

I actually think using AI to be the players, or even traditional solo play but as the GM asking the oracle what the party does, might be a lot of fun.

Kind of like the board game Dungeon Lords.
I did threaten my players in the China 1664 campaign that of nobody comes to a session, I'm just going to use Mythic as a players emulator, and will let them know afterwards what happened to their characters... ::honkhonk:

I did threaten my players in the China 1664 campaign that of nobody comes to a session, I'm just going to use Mythic as a players emulator, and will let them know afterwards what happened to their characters... ::honkhonk:
I am going to remember that and file it away! :devil:

I am going to remember that and file it away! :devil:
Yeah, since they never skipped a session, either the game was that good, they weren't sure whether I'm talking in earnest, or possibly, both::honkhonk:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back